Shunsuke Kikuchi's most recent score is 'Hurricane Polimar' (2017)

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Shunsuke Kikuchi's most recent score is 'Hurricane Polimar' (2017)

Post by SuperCyan2 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:53 pm

There's that IMDb page but I find that VGMdb can be a lot more informative for anime soundtracks and so on.

https://vgmdb.net/artist/3402

This link features all Kikuchi OSTs up until last year he's composed. It's safe to say he's composing something for 2018. :)
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

Ajay

Re: Shunsuke Kikuchi's most recent score is 'Hurricane Polimar' (2017)

Post by Ajay » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:00 pm

This site's a bit misleading. A lot of the recent contributions aren't actually new compositions or anything that directly involve him. They're arrangements or compositions based on work he contributed to in the past, so he gets a credit.

For example, he has this Hurricane Polimar credit because he compared the soundtrack for the 1996 OVA. This 2017 project is from Go Sakabe.

As far as I know, Kikuchi's unofficially (?) retired. He's 86!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:43 pm

Ajay wrote:This site's a bit misleading. A lot of the recent contributions aren't actually new compositions or anything that directly involve him. They're arrangements or compositions based on work he contributed to in the past, so he gets a credit.

For example, he has this Hurricane Polimar credit because he compared the soundtrack for the 1996 OVA. This 2017 project is from Go Sakabe.

As far as I know, Kikuchi's unofficially (?) retired. He's 86!
Oh.. That's a shame then but still good to see Kikuchi's name being displayed. :)

And yeah, I read too that he's retired but Masako Nozawa in her 80s she's still voicing the Son family.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:00 am

While Ajay's point is valid, I don't think Kikuchi-sensei is completely retired. Digging into his IMDB and Japanese Wikipedia reveals that he is credited for the obscure Red Dead Wagon TV movie series and some more Doraemon stuff post-DBZ.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:16 am

floofychan333 wrote:While Ajay's point is valid, I don't think Kikuchi-sensei is completely retired. Digging into his IMDB and Japanese Wikipedia reveals that he is credited for the obscure Red Dead Wagon TV movie series and some more Doraemon stuff post-DBZ.
True, too. I'm gonna dig the Doraemon 2005 stuff and see what it's about if it's old BGMs from Doraemon 1979 or newly composed.