What’s this tune?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

bengt

What’s this tune?

Post by bengt » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:27 am

Hello! What is the funky tune that’s playing in the end of ”Oolong the terrible” off season 1, where the people of the village go to the Oolong’s house and find the little girls in fancy costumes etc...??
Thanks in advance! :mrgreen:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: What’s this tune?

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:37 am

For these kinds of questions, you'll want to check out the stickied thread at the top of this sub-forum: "What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!"

As linked in the documentation there-in, you'll see that said track is an unreleased, non-traditional piece of Dragon Ball BGM that is exclusive to that scene.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Re: What’s this tune?

Post by floofychan333 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:34 pm

I believe you're mentioning BGM I9, called "Going to Oolong's Mansion." Link is here and I'd strongly suggest looking for the music you want in this channel as well as TheZestanor's, or taking VegettoEX's advice and looking at Kenisu's page.
https://youtu.be/n7bzI3I3Zlg
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu