Unreleased Kikuchi music not done by anyone else yet

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Unreleased Kikuchi music not done by anyone else yet

Post by Rafa Fast » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:17 pm

tronk21 wrote:
Also, I've discovered yet another track that needs to be ripped. It's this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHMyoF2OHpA

You may ask: why rip it if it's already on YouTube? Well, believe it or not, that's not the full track! It's missing about 5 seconds. The only place where you can find the full version of this track is on the drama cassette tape of DBZ Movie 4 that I've recently bought. This one: http://matela.stronazen.pl/31-dragon-ba ... orama-hen/ The problem is it may take a while as I sent the tape to my friend from Poland but that was a month ago and he still hasn't ripped it. In the meantime I've acquired my own cassette deck and I'm ready to rip it myself but don't have the tape. So I'm clueless as to when he will rip the tape or give it back so that I can do it myself. When I do get the rip, I will of course upload only a short fragment containing the full track here, not the entire hour-long tape due to copyright.
Hmmm interesting, I never thought kei17's ripping of Z Movie 4 was 99% complete.
also, this tape, what is this tape about? is a extra version of the movie? I've saw "soundtrack drama" written but I don't have any idea what this means, I think this tape is something like the extended version of Battle of Gods?? idk, does the others movies have these tapes too??? and when does this tape was released???
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

tronk21
Not-So-Newbie

Post by tronk21 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:53 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Now definitely just have one or two tracks I wanting for, the first one is M618A (?) from DBC Movie 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0n0PxKGcHM
for some reason, thezestanor forgot about this small track in his ripping list of Movie 3, he skips from M616(?) to M618B (?) (I don't mention M617 because this one is a released track), thanks to me for rewatching the movie recently, and had noticed this small track.
Gosh, hate to disappoint you but that's not actually a distinct track. It's a mix of two tracks from previous recording sessions. The first fragment on saxophone is a part of this cue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIBOnBa5Iy4 The second, goofier portion of this mixture is the tail end of this piece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5rf03wm2ZI
Rafa Fast wrote: And the second one, I'm not 100% sure about this one, is another alternate of a track, but this time from Z, is a possible alternate of M1710??? Like I said, I'm not 100% sure, I'm still confused in this one, Idk if is a alternate, or is just a trolling from the audio quality, is in episode 287, before Goku, Vegeta, Buu, Dende, Satan and his dog returns to earth, I will put the link here (actually are two) and let yourself check if is a alternate or not:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--gb0NYbP-4 (1:45 - 2:58)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkUaVczRwQU (0:00-0:17)
Again, sorry, but I simply cannot hear any difference between that and regular M1710. In fact, you'll notice that in my first post there's a track called "M1706 Subtitle Use original". The only reason I've ripped and included it there is because kenisu3000 on his site noted that M1706 on the CD sets is a fabrication and the actual one used in the show remains unreleased. However, upon hearing it multiple times, I cannot for the life of me hear any difference except one in quality. So I included the cue here just in case what kenisu says is actually correct.
Rafa Fast wrote: also, one question, is about this track here:
Are you sure that this is a actual track? because I was relestening to some tracks these days, and noticed that this "M643" sounds like exactly the part at 0:03 from F28(?): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMkw4llzI10
Oh, great find! Damn, you're quite an observant, I must say. That's true, it's a part of that short cue from the first session. I will remove it from my opening post. Thanks for the correction!
Rafa Fast wrote: Hmmm interesting, I never thought kei17's ripping of Z Movie 4 was 99% complete.
also, this tape, what is this tape about? is a extra version of the movie? I've saw "soundtrack drama" written but I don't have any idea what this means, I think this tape is something like the extended version of Battle of Gods?? idk, does the others movies have these tapes too??? and when does this tape was released???
Well, kei17's rip included everything that was in the LaserDisc audio of this movie and what is available in any other version of the soundtrack from the film. However, these additional notes, which are repeats of notes present in the kei17's version, can only be found on this tape. The cassette is not an extra version of the movie nor it contains any extended material. It's just a tape with the full audio of DBZ Movie 4 in mono and contains two musical differences from the version of the audio of that film that is available in other video releases. The second difference is not an additional piece of music but rather a lack of it whereas on LaserDisc/Dragon Box music plays in that scene. I don't want to give too much away as I plan to write a thread about drama tapes for DBZ Movie 2 and 4 and how audio on them is different in content from other releases.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:05 pm

tronk21 wrote: Gosh, hate to disappoint you but that's not actually a distinct track. It's a mix of two tracks from previous recording sessions. The first fragment on saxophone is a part of this cue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIBOnBa5Iy4 The second, goofier portion of this mixture is the tail end of this piece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5rf03wm2ZI
Wow, now I got surprised, I actually had noticed that this "track" sounded like exactly these short cuts in these two tracks, the only reason why I thought it was a different track is because in kenisu had mentioned it as being a different track in his DB Movie 3 BGM list, and yeah alsi because is a Movie, this is actually really weird, because I thought that Z Movie 9 was the first movie to reuse music from previous movies, and is surprising that one is from the TV series pack, because I never thought Movie would use BGMs from the TV Series, thanks for the alert!
tronk21 wrote: Again, sorry, but I simply cannot hear any difference between that and regular M1710. In fact, you'll notice that in my first post there's a track called "M1706 Subtitle Use original". The only reason I've ripped and included it there is because kenisu3000 on his site noted that M1706 on the CD sets is a fabrication and the actual one used in the show remains unreleased. However, upon hearing it multiple times, I cannot for the life of me hear any difference except one in quality. So I included the cue here just in case what kenisu says is actually correct.
thanks for removing my doubt, is the same track then, just to specify, I got in doubt actually just because I could hear
a difference In the ending, the audio quality mess a lot with the ending and makes it sounds like old music.
About M1706 "original", I noticed that too, I just got confused, because I've heared M1706B (the fabrication one) and M1706 "original" together some times, and noticed that the background guitar in the fabrication sounds louder than the the original, in the original is almost impossible to hear the background guitar, but I think is just a quality mess too.
tronk21 wrote: Oh, great find! Damn, you're quite an observant, I must say. That's true, it's a part of that short cue from the first session. I will remove it from my opening post. Thanks for the correction!
Haha thanks, is worse that I've even included this mistaken track in my Movie 3 Extra BGM video, lol this Movie's soundtrack is something confusing! I still want to know how you've concluded that "M638" is from this Movie XD, I thought it was from Z Movie 8, but then I've saw it in a androids episodes and I coudn't find a place for this track XD
tronk21 wrote: Well, kei17's rip included everything that was in the LaserDisc audio of this movie and what is available in any other version of the soundtrack from the film. However, these additional notes, which are repeats of notes present in the kei17's version, can only be found on this tape. The cassette is not an extra version of the movie nor it contains any extended material. It's just a tape with the full audio of DBZ Movie 4 in mono and contains two musical differences from the version of the audio of that film that is available in other video releases. The second difference is not an additional piece of music but rather a lack of it whereas on LaserDisc/Dragon Box music plays in that scene. I don't want to give too much away as I plan to write a thread about drama tapes for DBZ Movie 2 and 4 and how audio on them is different in content from other releases.
Hmmm understandable, I never thought the movies got soundtrack releases in their age, I guess the unreleased tracks in this tape aren't dated as "released" because the tapes releases weren't performed in the same way as was with the releases of the Soundtracks Collections in the 2000's.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

tronk21
Not-So-Newbie

Post by tronk21 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:45 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Hmmm understandable, I never thought the movies got soundtrack releases in their age, I guess the unreleased tracks in this tape aren't dated as "released" because the tapes releases weren't performed in the same way as was with the releases of the Soundtracks Collections in the 2000's.
Wait, I think you're misunderstanding something about this cassette. These drama tapes aren't "soundtrack releases" in the meaning that they feature the score for these movies. They contain music, sound effects and voices so the full audio for the movies. So the missing 5 seconds of M1113 I plan to add to kei17's rip will unfortunately contain all the voices and sound effects present in this short fragment and I can't erase those additional pieces of audio because the sound is in mono, not 5.1 or something.

So, yes, M1113 is correctly labelled as "unreleased" because the piece of music wasn't ever released by itself, only along with the rest of the sound. And as for this fragment of your post - "because the tapes releases weren't performed in the same way as was with the releases of the Soundtracks Collections in the 2000's." - I'm completely unable to understand what you mean here. The music was performed and recorded in a studio and it was put on various releases, either ones that contain just the score such as CDs and tapes or Kikuchi's compositions mixed in with the rest of the audio as on drama cassettes and LaserDiscs/DVDs/Blu-Rays.
Rafa Fast wrote:I still want to know how you've concluded that "M638" is from this Movie XD, I thought it was from Z Movie 8, but then I've saw it in a androids episodes and I coudn't find a place for this track XD
Well, the leitmotif (the main melody) that is featured on what I call "M638" is, I think, meant to be the theme for Upa and Bora from that movie. The theme is heard in the released track M617 that plays when the Karin duo is first shown in the film. So the reason I named it M638 is because it may have been written to score the scene where Goku drops into Karin Tower as it is the sad aftermath of Bora's death and thus the slow-paced version of the motif. Someone else suggested that it could have been composed for the scene before the tournament when Goku and co. discuss and adjust their plans with Upa and Bora in the place that they are staying in. It's all guesswork anyway so I don't care all that much about the M-number I gave to that piece. As I said, it's for archival purposes - it's just so it has a number so that I can listen to it in some order. I won't argue about the validity of those numbers with anyone, that's for sure.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:00 pm

tronk21 wrote: Wait, I think you're misunderstanding something about this cassette. These drama tapes aren't "soundtrack releases" in the meaning that they feature the score for these movies. They contain music, sound effects and voices so the full audio for the movies. So the missing 5 seconds of M1113 I plan to add to kei17's rip will unfortunately contain all the voices and sound effects present in this short fragment and I can't erase those additional pieces of audio because the sound is in mono, not 5.1 or something.

So, yes, M1113 is correctly labelled as "unreleased" because the piece of music wasn't ever released by itself, only along with the rest of the sound. And as for this fragment of your post - "because the tapes releases weren't performed in the same way as was with the releases of the Soundtracks Collections in the 2000's." - I'm completely unable to understand what you mean here. The music was performed and recorded in a studio and it was put on various releases, either ones that contain just the score such as CDs and tapes or Kikuchi's compositions mixed in with the rest of the audio as on drama cassettes and LaserDiscs/DVDs/Blu-Rays.
Aa ok Now I understood, lol and what I meant with the phrase is that I thought these tapes (which I touht were soundtrack releases) were made in a different way compared to these Kikuchi soundtrack releases in the 2000's, like, the two were distributed in a totally different way. By the way, if you can't rip them, so how your frind from Poland will do it?
tronk21 wrote: Well, the leitmotif (the main melody) that is featured on what I call "M638" is, I think, meant to be the theme for Upa and Bora from that movie. The theme is heard in the released track M617 that plays when the Karin duo is first shown in the film. So the reason I named it M638 is because it may have been written to score the scene where Goku drops into Karin Tower as it is the sad aftermath of Bora's death and thus the slow-paced version of the motif. Someone else suggested that it could have been composed for the scene before the tournament when Goku and co. discuss and adjust their plans with Upa and Bora in the place that they are staying in. It's all guesswork anyway so I don't care all that much about the M-number I gave to that piece. As I said, it's for archival purposes - it's just so it has a number so that I can listen to it in some order. I won't argue about the validity of those numbers with anyone, that's for sure.
Hmmmmmm I can figure it, actually I never noticed that, just now I could see that Upa and Bora have theme in this movie, M617, the ending, M636 and M638, well actually I've already noticed that these 3 tracks are similar a long time ago, but I never thought that they were a respective theme, M617, the ending plays when Upa and Bora first appears in the movie, and M636 when Goku try to attack Tao Pai Pai, so this made me confused "wait, these tracks are similar, they are probably variations of a theme, but who it belongs to??" my first thoughts were the Karin Tower, later the Kinto Un, then later I concluded randomly that M638 was from Z Movie 8, the unknow M1506, I thought it was from Movie 8 because the cut version of this track was used in Episode 192 (or 193, I don't remember very well...) and it is one of the first episodes to use BGM from Movie 8, then someone told me it was used in episode 121, I saw it, I really got lost at this track lol.

tronk21
Not-So-Newbie

Post by tronk21 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:52 pm

I've put the full version of M1113 from the drama cassette of Movie 4. I present it here as-is with all the voices and sound effects that are also featured on the tape.

Compare the M1113 of the opening post to this shorter version extracted from the LaserDisc: https://youtu.be/tHMyoF2OHpA?t=10 The difference between the two can be heard in the YouTube video from the moment that I set it to open once you click the link. The two short fragments of the piece are repeated in the drama tape version and you can even hear a slight interference of some kind in the LaserDisc version in the moment where the piece has been cut for the movie. I've concluded that the music is not looped in these two fragments in the tape version, but that the piece was cut for the movie as heard on Laser Disc/Dragon Box audio for the film. There's the interference in the film version and the drama tape version just seems more complete when taking Kikuchi's style into consideration.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:37 pm

wow interesting, I actually expected the full version would include a extra part, but actually is just repeats of the two spaces in the 5 seconds cut at the 10 seconds of the track, but actually yeah it not seems that they repeated the same spaces, that's the full version, yeah I could notice very well that interference in the laserdisc rip too, the interference is around the 5 seconds cut, that interference probably was a result of these "repeats" being cut off, amazing.

Not getting the full track ripped yet, I tried to replicate this full version two times.
first I tried to make it with the laserdisc Kei17 rip of this track, hadn't got much results but that's what I could do:
https://mega.nz/#!NFUWyabI!Wfto0782UnLE ... FmbMljFiG0

Then I've made this edit, mixing the parts of the Laserdisc rip with the Drama Tape parts:
https://mega.nz/#!ZZ0WkYKL!No4MpP_reum2 ... KTlSxTG50E

but I still want it 100% original, that's definitely the last unreleased Kikuchi track that I want someone to rip, can't want to see it without any voice!

tronk21
Not-So-Newbie

Post by tronk21 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:45 pm

Thanks for the support, Rafa Fast!

Anyway, I've discovered yet another track that was featured on the aforementioned drama tape. I've added it to the opening post. It's what can be called M1114A!

Basically, it's an alternate version of this track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8uJRXEbg6w The difference is pretty small and that's why I hadn't noticed it before. Check out the first 10 seconds of each version. The tape version clearly has more cymbal hits in it during this first section. Later, there's a bit of difference in cymbals too. Generally, this alternate has the percussion element performed differently from the track released on CD.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:55 pm

Oh my dawg! We are just discovering new tracks today still! I never thought Released tracks would still have unreleased alternates, and yeah I could notice the differences, it's not just in the beginning, but this version have a entire extra background sound space!

I should check it out...well then I've relistened the use of M1113 in Episode 108, and I could notice, that the part where the first fragment is repeated can be ripped, but unfortunately the second fragment was totally cut in that scene, and have no more episodes where this track was used...and I need to check out for M1114A, now I don't know if it was used in the series, I need to check out all the uses of M1114 that Kenisu site mentioned, because obviously Kenisu hadn't even know about the existence of this alternate, I will back when I get some results!

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:19 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XGsezvrYYls

Uploaded by a certain Kanzenshuu member many want a response from but he left more or less because he was being harassed to share stuff.