Question About "Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku"

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Logania
Regular

Question About "Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku"

Post by Logania » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:41 pm

I've been trying to look for remastered versions or rerecorded versions by Field of View and I have yet to find one.

Does anyone know if there is a better quality version of the song than the original release available? If so, posting a link of said version for purchase/download would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Robo4900
I Live Here

Re: Question About "Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku"

Post by Robo4900 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:36 pm

Logania wrote:I've been trying to look for remastered versions or rerecorded versions by Field of View and I have yet to find one.

Does anyone know if there is a better quality version of the song than the original release available? If so, posting a link of said version for purchase/download would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:
What precisely are you looking for?

The main versions I'm familiar with are:
The original recording, which was recorded at TV size, and used in the show for its opening;
The single version, which was recorded at full size, and I believe released on the CD single;
And the episode 64 edit, which uses the single version's master, but edits it a little so the second chorus is repeated after the third, extending the ending out.

There's also the ZARD version, though I haven't really listened to that much, since I don't really like it. :lol:
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu May 03, 2018 10:02 pm

Robo4900 wrote:What precisely are you looking for?

The main versions I'm familiar with are:
The original recording, which was recorded at TV size, and used in the show for its opening;
The single version, which was recorded at full size, and I believe released on the CD single;
And the episode 64 edit, which uses the single version's master, but edits it a little so the second chorus is repeated after the third, extending the ending out.

There's also the ZARD version, though I haven't really listened to that much, since I don't really like it. :lol:
Mainly referring to the Single version, as I don't really care for the ZARD version either lol

I'm just mainly wondering if there was ever a re-recording Field of View did of the song, or just an official remaster of the song. As much as I love Dan Dan, the instruments and overall quality is kind of dated a bit, and was hoping there was a more clear, modern rendition of it. But dang I guess there isn't.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri May 04, 2018 6:14 am

You say "there is also the Zard version" like its not THE original even though its from Sakai-san herself (RIP). And I prefer that one a lot more.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sun May 06, 2018 11:12 pm

Cetra wrote:You say "there is also the Zard version" like its not THE original even though its from Sakai-san herself (RIP). And I prefer that one a lot more.
I know that the ZARD version has its fans, and that she was the one who composed the song, but I personally much prefer Field Of View's version, and I imagine the Logania was referring more to FoV than ZARD(As he confirmed when he said he doesn't care for the ZARD version either :lol:).
Logania wrote:Mainly referring to the Single version, as I don't really care for the ZARD version either lol

I'm just mainly wondering if there was ever a re-recording Field of View did of the song, or just an official remaster of the song. As much as I love Dan Dan, the instruments and overall quality is kind of dated a bit, and was hoping there was a more clear, modern rendition of it. But dang I guess there isn't.
Well, again, the full-size version is a full re-record...

Honestly, I always thought it was actually a little too modern in one respect; all the official releases have dynamic range compression on there that makes the sound worse. The actual recordings are very nice, though.
I don't see how a re-recorded version could improve the song any more than the full-size version did, though.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.