Thoughts on Yuuya Mori (DB SH Composer)

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Thoughts on Yuuya Mori (DB SH Composer)

Postby IHaveNoUserName » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:56 am

Although it's only been the first episode of Dragon Ball Hereos, what do you guys think of his work for Dragon Ball Hereos? I think its too early to say but he sounds very promising!

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Thoughts on Yuuya Mori (DB SH Composer)

Postby One_Instance » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:15 pm

I think he did a great job for something like this. We shouldn't expect to be blown away by a new (to the series) composer's performance when it's just on a short series of promotional OVA's. His music at different times vaguely reminded me of Kikuchi, Yamamoto, and Sumitomo. Can't wait to give an overall look once this series is done.

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Re: Thoughts on Yuuya Mori (DB SH Composer)

Postby IHaveNoUserName » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:49 pm

One_Instance wrote:I think he did a great job for something like this. We shouldn't expect to be blown away by a new (to the series) composer's performance when it's just on a short series of promotional OVA's. His music at different times vaguely reminded me of Kikuchi, Yamamoto, and Sumitomo. Can't wait to give an overall look once this series is done.

I completely agree with you, he has a style of a little bit of yamamoto and kikuchi while adding his touches, the OST is going to get better as it goes

Return to “Music”