Thoughts on Yuuya Mori (DB SH Composer)

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Thoughts on Yuuya Mori (DB SH Composer)

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:56 am

Although it's only been the first episode of Dragon Ball Hereos, what do you guys think of his work for Dragon Ball Hereos? I think its too early to say but he sounds very promising!
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Thoughts on Yuuya Mori (DB SH Composer)

Post by One_Instance » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:15 pm

I think he did a great job for something like this. We shouldn't expect to be blown away by a new (to the series) composer's performance when it's just on a short series of promotional OVA's. His music at different times vaguely reminded me of Kikuchi, Yamamoto, and Sumitomo. Can't wait to give an overall look once this series is done.

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:49 pm

One_Instance wrote:I think he did a great job for something like this. We shouldn't expect to be blown away by a new (to the series) composer's performance when it's just on a short series of promotional OVA's. His music at different times vaguely reminded me of Kikuchi, Yamamoto, and Sumitomo. Can't wait to give an overall look once this series is done.
I completely agree with you, he has a style of a little bit of yamamoto and kikuchi while adding his touches, the OST is going to get better as it goes
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:57 am

Now, that 4 episodes are out and the fifth one is happening really soon, Yuuya Mori's work is only thing that is good with Super Dragon Ball Heroes.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:06 am

DB SH? Don't you mean SDBH?

He's alright, nothing close to Kikuchi or Yamamoto music. Yes, Yamamoto stole music from other musicians but I'd be fucking lying if I said his versions weren't far superior.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:08 pm

I'm hearing a lot of people saying that the soundtrack of Moori is the only good thing that was came out from SDBH promotional anime, well I enjoyed him, like, his musics aren't addictable and very memorable as Kikuchi and Yamamoto, but I think his problem is the same as Sumitomo, the musics aren't so much variated, with a big part of them having the same instruments, but is a good composer, nothing near to Tokunaga (GT's original japenese composer), which for me isn't really bad, but was my less favorite composer.
Is pretty obvious that Episode 6 will be the last one and he just had composed 17 tracks for the anime until now, I want to see if he did a remix of Sumitomo's classic "The Final Death Match" or made a similar song, my favorite track until now is that one in Episode 3 which is played during the battle of Vegetto's Final Kamehameha vs whatever is called that Kanba's attack.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.