Large`s YouTube channel got terminated!

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Sponge
Beyond Newbie

Large`s YouTube channel got terminated!

Post by Dragon Sponge » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:03 pm

It`s dreadful! I recently still listened to the music he uploaded and today I suddenly find out that his Channel got terminated. ( https://www.youtube.com/user/Mugiwalaar ... _polymer=1 )

He was one of the best DB music YouTubers and now YouTube just destroyed all the work he put into his Channel for several years. I just hope this dosen't happen to the other DB music Channels.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Re: Large`s YouTube channel got terminated!

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:27 pm

Those YouTubers were and are stealing music from the rightful owners so if they get hit with copyright strikes, then that's how it is. Remember, Dragon Sponge, they [YouTubers] don't own the rights to the music.

I'm surprised Dragon Ball Hype.'s channel is still up, he uploads tons of official Dragon Ball content and even full episodes.

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:54 pm

I'm sad about his channel being taken down but at the same time what can you do?
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:12 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Those YouTubers were and are stealing music from the rightful owners so if they get hit with copyright strikes, then that's how it is. Remember, Dragon Sponge, they [YouTubers] don't own the rights to the music.

I'm surprised Dragon Ball Hype.'s channel is still up, he uploads tons of official Dragon Ball content and even full episodes.
You sure about this? i looked at his channel, and i dont' see any full episodes, only clips that are less than 5 min. chances are that if he did in the past, he probably privated them . or they blocked the episodes

with that said, toei could probably still target him. they are known to be especially strict when it comes to posting clips of dbs and all that.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:23 pm

Super Dragon Ball Heroes is up on there. His channel is full of copyrighted material.

MaStar should get the boot too since he plagiarizes content (traces) and passes it off as his own.

ManuGem

Post by ManuGem » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:22 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Those YouTubers were and are stealing music from the rightful owners so if they get hit with copyright strikes, then that's how it is. Remember, Dragon Sponge, they [YouTubers] don't own the rights to the music.

Besides, there are other youtube channels that put the DB or DBZ (or other Kikuchi) OSTs ... Sometimes much older than the Large's chanel, and they never had any problems.
I read somewhere that there is no copyright on Kikuchi's music (true or false ?), but as Large also offered other stuff (eg music from One Piece, or others), it would probably be because of this that there was this sanction.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:40 pm

ManuGem wrote:I read somewhere that there is no copyright on Kikuchi's music (true or false ?)
This makes absolutely no sense and is absolutely false.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

ManuGem

Post by ManuGem » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:38 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
ManuGem wrote:I read somewhere that there is no copyright on Kikuchi's music (true or false ?)
To be honest, it also seemed very odd. But the point I have raised is: why other youtube channels that offer a lot of Kikuchi music (even released) for many years have not been sanctioned, while Large's one has been? What explains this difference?

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:21 am

ManuGem wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
To be honest, it also seemed very odd. But the point I have raised is: why other youtube channels that offer a lot of Kikuchi music (even released) for many years have not been sanctioned, while Large's one has been? What explains this difference?
I dont' know my boy, but I'm 100% sure the DB & Z Kikuchi soundtracks he had uploaded aren't involved, he uploaded countless of other content, this other content was probably the reason, myself had uploaded Kikuchi soundtracks in my channel, and none even mention something related to copyright, just the insert songs, well, we'll never going to know :?
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

lunaticthegame

Post by lunaticthegame » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:13 pm

A little unrelated but I actually have the majority of his videos on my computer so I can probably reupload them if anybody needs them.