M1613 Full Version?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

M1613 Full Version?

Post by Majin Buu » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:15 am

M1613 (6:11 mark) from movie 9 is one of the many unreleased tracks that were recovered from the laserdisc releases a while back. However, the version recovered doesn't seem to be the full version of it, as I've heard a slightly longer version of it playing during the Buu arc (here for example). Was anyone ever able to recover this longer version of M1613? I haven't seen it anywhere.

ManuGem

Re: M1613 Full Version?

Post by ManuGem » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:28 pm

I think there is only one version of M1613. In the video extract which you put in link, it is doubtless the editor of the music who placed a repetition of the beginning, without the introduction. Also, at other moments, the musics can be "shortened". (Moreover this technic is sometimes annoying because it can break the melody)
It is like the use of M1008 in TV special "Bardock", during the death of Toma : the first seconds are repeated, and although there are actually two versions of this track, here, it is not about it. It is simply a matter of editing, imho.

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:12 pm

Majin Buu wrote:M1613 (6:11 mark) from movie 9 is one of the many unreleased tracks that were recovered from the laserdisc releases a while back. However, the version recovered doesn't seem to be the full version of it, as I've heard a slightly longer version of it playing during the Buu arc (here for example). Was anyone ever able to recover this longer version of M1613? I haven't seen it anywhere.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijZURD5 ... w8xOHG54o2
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:18 pm

ManuGem wrote:I think there is only one version of M1613. In the video extract which you put in link, it is doubtless the editor of the music who placed a repetition of the beginning, without the introduction. Also, at other moments, the musics can be "shortened". (Moreover this technic is sometimes annoying because it can break the melody)
It is like the use of M1008 in TV special "Bardock", during the death of Toma : the first seconds are repeated, and although there are actually two versions of this track, here, it is not about it. It is simply a matter of editing, imho.
That's what I initially thought too, that they repeated an earlier part of the track to make it longer like they usually do. But I've listened closely to the longer version and the extended part in question has more forceful sounding drum beats than the ones that occur in the similar part earlier in the track, which makes me think it's a new part of the track.
This is it. Thanks!

ManuGem

Post by ManuGem » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:32 pm

Majin Buu wrote:
That's what I initially thought too, that they repeated an earlier part of the track to make it longer like they usually do. But I've listened closely to the longer version and the extended part in question has more forceful sounding drum beats than the ones that occur in the similar part earlier in the track, which makes me think it's a new part of the track.
This is it. Thanks!
Oh yes, you were right. The elongation from version A seems to be between 1'11 and 1'16.
But however, this kind of dramatic "call" at 0'13 is still heard twice in the other video link, which you posted, not in this second link. So I think this video excerpt still has some kind of editing with this version B. :)