After hearing the DBZ Kai: Buu Saga soundtracks in DB Super, did your opinion about them change?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

After hearing the DBZ Kai: Buu Saga soundtracks in DB Super, did your opinion about them change?

Post by TheRed259 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:16 pm

After hearing the DBZ Kai: Buu Saga soundtracks from Norihito Sumitomo in DB Super, did your opinion about them change?

Do you appreciate them more now, does your opinion remain the same or did it get worse?

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Re: After hearing the DBZ Kai: Buu Saga soundtracks in DB Super, did your opinion about them change?

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:18 pm

Same. I enjoyed Sumitomo's music for Boo Kai and I enjoy hearing some songs again in Super. I'm not one of the fans who hates every piece of music made by any musician for the franchise (save for Kikuchi). I try to embrace the music and enjoy it as the musician wants it to be. I especially love the songs played in 131 after the tournament ends.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Re: After hearing the DBZ Kai: Buu Saga soundtracks in DB Super, did your opinion about them change?

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:15 am

I didn't really like Sumitomo's TFC score for the show itself so knowing ahead that he also composed for Super didn't help either, but he somewhat improved though not by a long shot. Sumitomo is still nowhere near as good as Kikuchi, Tokunaga and Yamamoto, and nor will he ever by the looks of it (TFC, BoG, RF, Super and it's still 'decent' at best, imo).

Maybe Sumitomo is like FUNimation, he'll take around 10 years to finally get it right. :P

Acetona
Beyond Newbie

Post by Acetona » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:10 pm

I still think they are really bad. Most of the battle themes sound exactly the same with early Super stuff. Extremely forgettable.
While I don't like Sumitomo's score at all, ToP arc at least had some spirit
キミもテイマーをめざせ!