In need of Track name

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

In need of Track name

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Fri May 23, 2008 3:45 am

Hey all, there's this Specific Musical Track that I love from the Original JP Score and I need to know it's name and what CD it can be found on.

The track is used multiple times through out Z, some moments that come to mind are:

-When Goku is gathering and just about to fire the 1'st Spirit Bomb against Tullece.

-When Goku emerges from the Recovery Tank while Vegeta's taking a beating from Freeza.

-When Goku first arrives on Namek.

Thanks in advance. :D
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri May 23, 2008 3:53 am

I know the piece you mean, it first appeared in Movie 3, I'm as eager as you to know the track name and if it's available on any cds.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Fri May 23, 2008 5:18 am

Captain Awesome wrote:I know the piece you mean, it first appeared in Movie 3, I'm as eager as you to know the track name and if it's available on any cds.
Its on the complete BGM set,, track 21 of disk one, thanks I just popped it in for a listen. And found its at 1:50 of the song, just incase you needed any more info. :p

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri May 23, 2008 5:57 am

You're thinking of the wrong track.

This is the piece we're talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOpNFwKNu68

(it kicks in at the forty second mark on the video)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri May 23, 2008 7:45 am

That's the wondrous Mike-named "Dun-Dun-Dun" piece. Like most movie music, it doesn't have its own "name"; it's generally contained in a track on a CD that consists of LOTS of music from that particular movie, usually with a second or two between them, but all in the same track on the CD.

For example, it can be found on the first Ongakushû within track four, "Chikyû Marugoto Chô-Kessen" (which you'll notice is simply the name of the movie).

It doesn't appear to be on the recent BGM Collection set, as far as I can tell...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Freeza93
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freeza93 » Fri May 23, 2008 4:17 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:You're thinking of the wrong track.

This is the piece we're talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOpNFwKNu68

(it kicks in at the forty second mark on the video)
This is my favorite piece of Dragonball z music of all time!
I finally bought a gamecube. To bad they don't make any games for it now.

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Fri May 23, 2008 8:14 pm

VegettoEX wrote:That's the wondrous Mike-named "Dun-Dun-Dun" piece. Like most movie music, it doesn't have its own "name"; it's generally contained in a track on a CD that consists of LOTS of music from that particular movie, usually with a second or two between them, but all in the same track on the CD.

For example, it can be found on the first Ongakushû within track four, "Chikyû Marugoto Chô-Kessen" (which you'll notice is simply the name of the movie).

It doesn't appear to be on the recent BGM Collection set, as far as I can tell...
Thanks a billion Mike :)
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:52 pm

VegettoEX wrote:That's the wondrous Mike-named "Dun-Dun-Dun" piece. Like most movie music, it doesn't have its own "name"; it's generally contained in a track on a CD that consists of LOTS of music from that particular movie, usually with a second or two between them, but all in the same track on the CD.
So did you have any part in this paragraph on the Wikipedia page for the Dragon Ball Z: Music Collection Vol. 1 Mike?
Wikipedia wrote:This album is consited a must for DBZ collectors, as it contains the extended version of Chikyū Marugoto Chô-Kessen that features the music that played as Goku formed the Genki-Dama. As this would later become the defacto theme for the Genki-Dama. Which fans have nicknamed "Dun-Dun-Dun".

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:36 pm

If I had anything to do with writing that, it would have been done in the form of a complete sentence. :?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:16 pm

VegettoEX wrote:If I had anything to do with writing that, it would have been done in the form of a complete sentence. :?
Oh well, it was probably one of your thousands of loyal fans. :)