Shunsuke Kikuchi (Japanese Music) or Bruce Faulconer (USA)?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re:

Post by Ripper 30 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:16 am

ShinRogafuken wrote:
DBHighDefinition wrote:I'm torn between the two... for character themes, Faulconer wins hands down IMO, but for actual "Background Music" then the Japanese music is my preference.
Yeah Rob, I feel that Bruce Faulconer may fit DBZ more, but Shunsuke Kikuchi's fits DB more and is overall better to listen to by itself (like in the CD Collection).
Faulconer music was terribly unfitting for dbz as ut completely ignored the tone and Atmosphere od the scene and took all emotions and drama away and except some of his tracks overall it was very bland and unfitting becoz synthesizer music never fitted dbz
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re:

Post by Ripper 30 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:23 am

jjgp1112 wrote:Faulconer for the show after the first two Seasons. But for the Saiyan and Namek sagas as well as the movies, sans 4, 5 and 8, I prefer the Japanese music. I think that the Japanese music got boring in the Buu saga, whereas it was my favorite point for Faulconer. Faulconer had a lot of awesome themes, and so did the Japanese score.
I think it actually got pretty good in Buu saga with suspenseful and good fighting soundtracks, faulconer music just doesn't capture the dbz feel and turns it more into a pro wrestling cartoon show becoz his soundtracks had no emotions other than hyping kids up
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Shunsuke Kikuchi (Japanese Music) or Bruce Faulconer (USA)?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:08 am

You've been asked multiple times not to revive old threads. Please find recent, active discussions to post in, or feel free to create them if none are available.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)