Episode #0229 (15 August 2010)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0229 (15 August 2010)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Episode #0229 (download MP3) (rss feed)
55:22; 96 kbps, mono; 38.0 MB

Episode #0229! VegettoEX, Meri, and Hujio recap all of the huge news from the last couple weeks, including the upcoming remake of "Saiya-jin Zetsumetsu Keikaku" as a part of "Raging Blast 2", as well as an in-depth look at the state of DragonBall's financial situation both in Japan and worldwide. A recap of all the DragonBall going-ons at Otakon 2010, including the amazing panel with Yuuji Mitsuya, rounds out the episode! Referenced sites:
Enjoy the episode all the website content! Be back next week with a "Manga Review of Awesomeness" to conclude the Cell Game!

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Episode #0229 (15 August 2010)

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:04 pm

Great podcast, Otakon sounded awesome and I can't wait till Raging Blast 2 comes out (I'm only really looking forward to see The Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans). Also, what was that at the end? :D

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Drunken Sempai? Is that code for Wakamoto? :p Speaking of which, it seems like Wakamoto wears glasses!!

So much great news and fun stories. I wish I could've gone. Kenshin stuff, too!!

EDIT: By the way, you're still going to request the Daizex YouTube account be reinstated, right? I hope you and Heath can get those back!

EDIT 2: #35? You never did #34!! O.o

EDIT 3: Wow, it seems you did and I very much forgot! O.o

EDIT 4: What the Hell was that at the end?! O.o

EDIT 5: Interestingly enough, nobody metnioned the musical score for Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans. We don't know if it will use Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans' score, Raging Blast 2's score, or Dragon Ball Kai's score.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:34 am

I just have one thing to say:

What the bloody fuck was that at the end?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:31 am

I don't know why some of you regular listeners are surprised or curious about the things that show up at the end of episodes sometimes. Rule #1 about end-of-show material is that there are no rules.

And yeah, I totally had music for Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans in my mind as a discussion point, but it slipped that forgetful mind of mine since I didn't actually write it on the outline. Oh, well.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:58 am

VegettoEX wrote:I don't know why some of you regular listeners are surprised or curious about the things that show up at the end of episodes sometimes. Rule #1 about end-of-show material is that there are no rules.

And yeah, I totally had music for Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans in my mind as a discussion point, but it slipped that forgetful mind of mine since I didn't actually write it on the outline. Oh, well.
Well, if you get around to the review of Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans you can always cover it then. :p

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Yo! Good episode as per usual. I had some house cleaning to do so it was nice to have something new to listen to. I've been sticking to old episodes of Smodcast for a while because it seems all my subscriptions are on break. :cry:

I'm really looking forward to the new animation. It's always fulfilling to hear about others that are too.

How come you guys generally stick with the original Japanese pronunciation of the special rather than the English translation?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:24 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:How come you guys generally stick with the original Japanese pronunciation of the special rather than the English translation?
No real reason, I guess. Same reason I usually stick with saying "Saiya-jin" (though I've been moving over to "Saiyan" lately... pronounced correctly, of course :P). Not something I even think about. Things just come out of my mouth.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:36 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Innagadadavida wrote:How come you guys generally stick with the original Japanese pronunciation of the special rather than the English translation?
No real reason, I guess. Same reason I usually stick with saying "Saiya-jin" (though I've been moving over to "Saiyan" lately... pronounced correctly, of course :P). Not something I even think about. Things just come out of my mouth.
I had thought it was due to the various ways one could translate the title, espicially after you jokingly brought up how the official translation will use 'Eradicate' instead of another synonym.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:12 pm

Holy shitz I love Daizex and Wasted Wisher.

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:59 pm

About the ending segment; I'm never surprised by the crazy stuff that you guys put there anymore... just sometimes amazed by how you even think of it. Like this one.

Sabin Deus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sabin Deus » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:18 am

Mike, when are you going to post Ain't No Rest For the Wicked?! It was really good and I want it on my hard drive. :x

Also I enjoyed the hell out of your Otakon panel... and I was totally going to go up and say hi after the panel but they were doing the silly room clear and I got shooed out. :(

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:35 am

Yeah, I was disappointed that everybody got kicked out of the panel room right away by the Otakon staff, but I understand they had another panel to prepare for. We honestly didn't know that was gonna happen, although we would have if we would've actually looked at the rest of the Panel 6 itinerary, since it was noted there. I had planned on talking to a lot more people afterwards, but everyone ran away. However... thanks to everyone that actually did stick around to talk to us in the hallway outside the panel room! :P

Hopefully next year there won't be such an issue, as there's a pretty good possibility that we'll get a better time slot. *crosses fingers*