Episode #0238 (07 November 2010)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0238 (07 November 2010)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:23 pm

Episode #0238 (download MP3) (rss feed)
39:00; 96 kbps, mono; 26.7 MB

Episode #0238! VegettoEX and Meri review "Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans", the re-made feature included with "Raging Blast 2". Does the story benefit from a few rewrites and condensed time frame? Financial news, iPad manga, November's releases, and your e-mails round out the episode! Referenced sites:
Thanks to Herms for the convenient name pun round-up so I didn't have to go looking in a book by myself :).

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Episode #0238 (07 November 2010)

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:35 pm

I thought this was a big improvement on the original, as much as I liked those more RPG-ish elements. I wish the special (movie? feature?) was about five minutes longer to give the fights some more depth. I was glad the animation started out with the gang already knowing what was going on, it certainly gave the story a tigher and more cinematically interesting beginning.

I think with the counting the gang were trying to charge up to their maximum power to hit Hatchihyakku at the last second to overwhelm him.

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:18 pm

You know, I think one explanation of them waiting for Hatchiyakku to shoot was because, what if he could stop charging? What if Goku and gang shot off their attacks at 10 seconds, and Hatchiyakku just stopped charging and moved? When he notices Trunks, he seems to stop charging, just not enough in time to move. So, their only choice is to lock him into a beam battle and hope to overpower him.

Also, I REALLY liked the music in this. It really hit home for the Kikuchi fan in me.

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:10 am

Really funny podcast.

New OVA > Old OVA....yeah totally.

You two really loved poor gohan getting slammed against the floor ?!!!...you guys are evil. :lol:
The animation really made an impact there though. :shock: :lol:

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:41 am

KaiserNeko wrote:You know, I think one explanation of them waiting for Hatchiyakku to shoot was because, what if he could stop charging? What if Goku and gang shot off their attacks at 10 seconds, and Hatchiyakku just stopped charging and moved? When he notices Trunks, he seems to stop charging, just not enough in time to move. So, their only choice is to lock him into a beam battle and hope to overpower him.

Also, I REALLY liked the music in this. It really hit home for the Kikuchi fan in me.
That does kinda make sense, but they could've explained it better. Ironically, one of the rare times in this type of anime where it's not redundant for a character to explain what he's about to do, and he gets interrupted by another one confirming that he gets the idea. :P

Also, am I the only one who thought the beginning moved a little too fast? Why would Bulma immediately work out what an alien gas does, no less what it's called? I thought that was kinda weird.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:52 pm

ThunderPX wrote:Also, am I the only one who thought the beginning moved a little too fast? Why would Bulma immediately work out what an alien gas does, no less what it's called? I thought that was kinda weird.
Well, Vegeta was there. I'm sure Capsule Corp. detected the gas (or Vegeta did) and Vegeta informed her of what was going on. I assume Gokû and Gohan arrived because they felt Piccolo's ki, Trunks', and Vegeta's all at the same spot (not to mention probably began feeling a little sick themselves).

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:21 pm

One part I thought you would have mentioned was that unlike the (default) ending for the original, Piccolo actually participates in the final beam struggle in this version. In the original, he could barely stand after being hit by the Revenge Canon(or maybe he doesn't even stand up? I don't remember) and fainted after giving Gohan the bag of senzu.
Maybe I only care because I'm a fan of Piccolo. :P

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:54 pm

I thought Piccolo looked comically out of place in the whole "revenge against the Saiyans" plot. When Hatchiyack first shows up, he's like "All Saiyans must die!" and proceeds to punch everyone. The last one he gets is Piccolo, after which he looks up with this expression like he's going to say "Heeey, wait a minute... I'm beginning to suspect that guy just now wasn't a Saiyan!" :P

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:44 pm

Real fun podcast to listen to this week. It was quite enjoyable to listen to you guys talk about something you enjoyed somewhat for once. My only real complaint is that this episode was pretty short and no extra banter between you two. Overall really nice listen. :D

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:45 am

AgitoZ wrote:and no extra banter between you two.
Do you really want to hear a married couple banter? Not that exciting. ;p

-Corey

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:49 am

MajinVejitaXV wrote:Do you really want to hear a married couple banter? Not that exciting. ;p
So you're saying Mike and Meri are no Nick and Nora Charles?

Blackmegaman

Post by Blackmegaman » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:09 pm

So Mike I kind of wanted to know how would you compare this with the Jump 08 special ??