Episode #0259 (22 May 2011)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Episode #0259 (22 May 2011)

Post by Cipher » Tue May 31, 2011 8:49 pm

Even as you worried whether or not this episode was too "get off my lawn," VegettoEX, I thought it was by far one of the most interesting entries in a while. I'd love to see (hear?) more episodes like this, or even get a continuation of this topic.

I'm pretty sure a lot of fans who missed out on the fansub era can still kind of identify with the sense of mystery Meri expressed. Even though I became a fan as the android arc was airing on Toonami, I remember tolling the internet on dial-up to find semi-accurate fan summaries, reading the occasional Beckett DBZ Collector, etc. And not once did owning the entire series via home releases seem remotely viable. I may not have had the same experience, but those of us growing up in that era can at least identify with a bit of the feeling.

CODii
Regular

Post by CODii » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:19 pm

Just had a chance to listen to this episode. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for another great episode.

The single biggest thing I got out of the episode is just how blessed we are now here in America to be able to own the entire series on DVD in Japanese with faithful subtitles.

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Post by Akumaito Beam » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:05 pm

I was wondering if someone could remind me who used to write Dragon Ball episode summaries back in the day? I believe he was name dropped next to Curtis Hoffman in this episode.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:08 pm

Akumaito Beam wrote:I was wondering if someone could remind me who used to write Dragon Ball episode summaries back in the day? I believe he was name dropped next to Curtis Hoffman in this episode.
Well, I know Steve Simmons had an episode guide way back when.

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Post by Akumaito Beam » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Ah, I have a feeling those may be harder to hunt down than the Hoffman manga summaries. Thanks Herms!

edit: Or a Google search could reveal them almost immediately!