Episode #0279 (27 November 2011)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Re: Episode #0279 (27 November 2011)

Post by Shiyonasan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:35 am

I just got thinking about something after listening to this podcast episode yesterday.

Uub is just kind of forgotten about until the Bebi arc. He's introduced in the first episode, then doesn't appear again until his fusion with Mr. Buu. Come to think of it, he really doesn't appear all that often in GT. The only major part I remember him being in is when he faces Bebi in the Bebi arc.

I wonder if Toei just really didn't care about him. I mean, after all, you guys said it best. GT is Goku's Time.

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:08 pm

It's very interesting to see that the almost universal reaction to these early episodes of GT is the exact same, with regards to concept, pacing, and characterization. I can't wait to see what you guys are gonna think when the show starts to move to different territory - especially the predictions, those were always my favorite part of the manga review, and if Mike and Meri do them that will just be a whole new flavor of awesomeness.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:10 pm

Yeah, I'm actually hoping and anticipating that the bunch of us will start to have different feelings/thoughts/reactions from each other as we make our way through DBGT.

In terms of predictions, I absolutely shouldn't be doing any 'cuz (like I said during the show), even though I haven't seen some of it, I still pretty much know exactly how it all goes down. Very curious to hear what Meri's got to say as someone who's barely sorta kinda not really watched it or cared to read up on it since then, and then there's of course Jeff who doesn't know what the bloody fuck he's in for...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:27 pm

VegettoEX wrote:...and then there's of course Jeff who doesn't know what the bloody fuck he's in for...
It will be most amusing. I've barely tried subjecting fellow DB fans to GT, let alone people who aren't necessarily fans at all.

~Da Lemmy

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:54 pm

After listening to this (I'm not an avid podcast follower but I did get the last few Manga Review eps and will probably get all of the GT ones), I seem to remain to be the ONLY fan of Pan that I know of. All of the traits that seem to make her annoying to most, I find rather cute. Heck, in my younger years and back when I was also under the impression she was 14, I had a fan crush on her. :lol:

GT, to me, is basically a lot of really cool ideas that were just horribly executed. Not all of the ideas are gold, but some of them would have been cooler had the writers of the series been better at handling them.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:09 pm

Really nice podcast there!! I really was laughing out of Jeff's responses on the series :D Jeff is the star of this review GT podcast, you will better have him in each episode!!!
Well, with that Rejik's outfit, well, first time I saw him, I found his hood quite weird.
It still pisses me off, that GT at the end kinda left feel of rush, as there was many possibilities and things to expand upon, like Rejik.
Well, with those Saiyans, I thought that the race is maybe kinda famous in space, as they were showing a lot around universe to kill off whole planets.
But I never understood how Rejik recognized them? Pan looks like Human, Trunks too and Goku's only trait is his ''star/lion haircut'' :D
Aslo, after quite boring Imega episodes, the fight was too short, like well, we should've take a raid on Don Kira from the beginning and anytime but TOEI made us wait.
I really liked the idea of Gku's surpressed power and it was logical, well after killing off the biggest threat in universe, Buu.
Which goes away with a f**k, as there is this line about General Rildo :D

I really hated Pan, as I was full of expectations that the heroes will be Goten and Trunks, which I really liked in Buu arc, as I was watching the TV long run of DB, Z and then the new GT went with a blast!!! right after the Z episode (It was run of 3 episodes per day) as I didn't know there exists something like that.
And Vegeta with mustache and somewhat typical lazy dad attitude as he was my favorite warrior before. Well this series got a real twist.
Never wondered that much abotu Trunks character. Well, he was a kid in Z and now he's adult, so I thought he will be somewhat more like Bulma as he got the simmilar hair.
Goten really dissapointed me tough.

I really was looking for the Dragon Ball hunt since the episode they went off the space and expected it a great adventure. But this failed horribly for me as it was more like: PLANET!!
We land on it / solve a little trouble for which will Leon in Resident Evil burst our of happygasm / obtain Dragon Ball / take off...... until the trouble with Bebi began, I was really bored and as it went into the Z fight more episode series, I was finally back in mood.
TOEI had awesome idea, but screwed it up right from the begining with nothing much original. Well, tiger in ball shape, giant, sand worms..... like playing Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy and hunting some orbs in chests, only non-interactive.

Well, I'm looking forward to your next podcast.

PS: With Goku's tan colour, it looks like they wanted to distinguish the Saiyans from people a little, because I saw some cell and art of Vegeta from GT and he was too a little darker then others.
The darker colours of both Goku and Vegeta are not consistent trough the GT.

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:31 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:After listening to this (I'm not an avid podcast follower but I did get the last few Manga Review eps and will probably get all of the GT ones), I seem to remain to be the ONLY fan of Pan that I know of. All of the traits that seem to make her annoying to most, I find rather cute. Heck, in my younger years and back when I was also under the impression she was 14, I had a fan crush on her. :lol:
Ha, I'm in the exact same boat as you, buddy. I actually have several animation cels of Pan as well. My favorite is one of Trunks and Giru looking on as she looks incredibly angry.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:39 pm

VegettoEX wrote:and then there's of course Jeff who doesn't know what the bloody fuck he's in for...
And I think his perspective on things is gonna be really interesting going forward.

I just want to leave a wild prediction of my own on record (and totally be able to say I called it if it happens):
With his long time fandom with Evangelion and having been the only one to see things that our jaded minds have glossed over countless times.....Jeff is gonna crack the ending of GT.