Episode #0360 (20 April 2014)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0360 (20 April 2014)

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:27 pm

Episode #0360 (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes) (YouTube version)
57:03; 96 kbps, mono; 39.4 MB

Episode #0360! VegettoEX and LordMoonstone review "J-Stars Victory Vs" for the PlayStation 3 and Vita. Though we just came off a DBZ-proper video game, is this the game everyone should have waited for instead? Is there enough for DBZ-only fans? Your enthusiasm for early 2014 in the Dragon World is at its peak, so let's look forward to what else we have on the horizon!

Referenced sites:
Enjoy! :D
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Re: Episode #0360 (20 April 2014)

Post by radrappy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:45 am

Wow, I have to say I'm surprised with how much both of you enjoyed the game. My experience with the title has been overwhelmingly negative. I beat all of Luffy's story mode, played a few online matches, and dropped it completely. I had way less fun with this than Battle of Z. It was just too clunky and unresponsive to be fun for me.

Oh well, different strokes, different folks. Love the podcast guys, excellent stuff.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:47 am

I'm tempted to pick up J-Stars, but I'll have to get a Vita or PS3. But just got a job, so that's not a problem. Between the 2 systems what would make more sense to buy? When I start getting paid, I wouldn't mind donating.

As for Who's that Character? I think it may be Selypa due to it being a more stern female voice refering to Wakusei/Planet Vegeta.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:37 am

Wow! You made me want to get the game more than ever!

Speaking of exciting stuff that happened this month, why hasn't been there any mention of this? Not on the main site nor any of the previous episodes news section said anything about it!
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=25581

Yeah I know I was terrible at this, but it's still a big Dragon Ball thing to me and I did it not just for me but for all of you and the least it deserves is some mentioning. But I guess my tweet was a bit too late thanks to the difference in timezones.

But I'm willing to forgive you since you were away and the site has been going out of the loop at that time and it was easy to miss... even though I first mentioned it back in December.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:46 am

Does Kanzenshuu even cover English dub-only events?
But I'm willing to forgive you since you were away and the site has been going out of the loop at that time and it was easy to miss... even though I first mentioned it back in December.
The entitlement is strong.

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:06 pm

Whose That Character?!

I think it's future Bulma in that scene from the show when she is telling Trunks about Vegeta in a flashback that Trunks has right after he saves Bulma and his baby alternate future self and Vegeta is a ll like "nah, too cool to care."

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:32 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Does Kanzenshuu even cover English dub-only events?
Not unless it's relevant to the franchise on a somewhat large scale. (i.e., the Kai dub, or dub-only home video releases.)

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:52 pm

theoriginalbilis wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:Does Kanzenshuu even cover English dub-only events?
Not unless it's relevant to the franchise on a somewhat large scale. (i.e., the Kai dub, or dub-only home video releases.)
Mm, that's what I thought. I was totally confused by that dude's reaction.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:26 pm

The character is either Selypa or Bulma... from GT? Female + wakusei Vegeta narrows it down quite a bit.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon May 05, 2014 1:41 pm

Late-ish reply, but I just now got around to listening to this podcast, and I have to say, I really like what I hear about the game. It's definitely something I'm going to be ordering almost as soon as I actually have a PS3. For what it's worth, I still enjoy Tenkaichi 3 for what it is, and will pop it in every few months just to have some fun messing around in it (admittedly I don't think I've ever popped in 1 or 2 since 3 came out though...), so if this game is better than that, than I think I'm definitely gonna be in good hands.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Mon May 12, 2014 4:43 am

Went and just ordered it for PS3, will probably buy the system tomorrow. Also bought the Full Color Android Arc 6 and the Galactic Patrolman Special Edition to even out the shipping cost a bit.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:26 pm

In lieu of a new podcast episode for the past few weeks, I gave this episode a second and closer listen today in anticipation of joining the "current-gen" gaming world by getting a Vita in a month or so. I'm practically drooling, even though it'll probably take a while even after getting the Vita to afford importing J-Stars itself.

So I'm to gather that, regardless of for which system, getting the Anison(g) version of the game over the regular version is totally worth the moderate extra cost, correct?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:32 pm

Kaboom wrote:So I'm to gather that, regardless of for which system, getting the Anison(g) version of the game over the regular version is totally worth the moderate extra cost, correct?
Depends. Do you already own (or, least's be honest, otherwise "have") the songs you love the most that you would want to use as BGM?

Don't bother. Get the regular version and just import the songs yourself over to your PS3 or Vita. Hell, the Anison version comes with "CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA" but it's the TV-sized, so I imported my own full-length version AND full-length instrumental version, totally ignoring what's on the disc.

The Anison version was helpful for songs I didn't already own myself (like the Fist of the North Star and original Dr. Slump openings), but that's about it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:40 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Depends. Do you already own (or, least's be honest, otherwise "have") the songs you love the most that you would want to use as BGM?
Some, but when you put it that way, I probably would just be using a lot of DBZ songs more than anything else (I'm already imagining setting HERO Song of Hope as Goku's theme or something). But I would still possibly be willing to explore other series musically just like I would be with the gameplay.

Suppose I'll play it by ear, since there's still some time before I'll be able to afford importing the game regardless. I guess I might only opt for the Anison version if the price difference becomes negligible or I stumble upon a good deal for it.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!