Episode #0379 (12 April 2015)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0379 (12 April 2015)

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:27 pm

Episode #0379 (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes) (YouTube version)
60:55; 96 kbps, mono; 42.0 MB

Episode #0379! VegettoEX and Kirbopher discuss FUNimation's preview screening for "Resurrection 'F'" in Los Angeles, featuring special guests Masako Nozawa and Tadayoshi Yamamuro! Tune in for our take on how the event was handled along with a spoiler-free review of the movie!

Referenced sites:
Enjoy!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

ShadowDude112
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Episode #0379 (12 April 2015)

Post by ShadowDude112 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:50 pm

Is it just me or is there like an echo in Kirbopher's mic or room? I hear it on my speakers. I don't hear an echo for Mike.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:47 pm

Chris' audio is a little roomier than mine, yeah.

I've basically built a recording studio in my basement, so...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:39 am

So from what I'm hearing here, it seems "F" plays over the scene where Freeza first emerges, fully restored, from the healing tank? Well if so, I just have a random question that I really think shouldn't qualify as a spoiler... Does the song accompany the title-screen of the movie?

A bit disappointed that it sounds like it's just another "Villain appears, the heroes fight him and his men for an hour, they win, the end"-type movie though. I rather appreciated how Battle of Gods somewhat deviated from that formula... Eh. I'm sure I'll still enjoy the movie regardless. If anything I'm just looking forward to seeing Goku and Freeza duking it out with the song playing in the background.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:45 am

So, is this podcast really spoiler free?

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:22 am

Vegard Aune wrote:So from what I'm hearing here, it seems "F" plays over the scene where Freeza first emerges, fully restored, from the healing tank? Well if so, I just have a random question that I really think shouldn't qualify as a spoiler... Does the song accompany the title-screen of the movie?
I haven't seen the movie, but going by the track listing for the official soundtrack, it sounds like the same Head CHA-LA rendition from the BOG title card is used. Strangely enough, that music actually comes from the end of the track, 'Our Hero, Son Goku', which seems to be featured again at the end of this movie.
ShadowDude112 wrote:Is it just me or is there like an echo in Kirbopher's mic or room? I hear it on my speakers. I don't hear an echo for Mike.
Hate to sound like a total stalker (although that's totally what I'm doing :shifty: ), but in one of Kirbopher's 'Kirblogs' he actually kinda does a tour of his flat. I think this shows why his audio tends to echo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRIaHph1Tg8

Really enjoyable episode, by the way! So envious of everyone that's been to see the movie, but we've been spoilt in terms of the wealth of coverage that we've received. The movie hasn't even started its proper theatrical run yet! From all of the reviews and thoughts I've heard, I think I have a pretty good idea of what to expect now. Everyone that's actually seen it seems to have the same opinion, more or less.

The march to 400 episodes continues... :D

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:38 am

sangofe wrote:So, is this podcast really spoiler free?
It gives away stuff that Toei already announced ahead of time, so it's not 100% spoiler-free... but it didn't tell me anything I already knew anyway. If you've seen that latest tidbit on ANN the other day about the movie, this podcast doesn't spoil anything. If you have not seen said latest tidbit however (and I must agree with Kirbopher, when I saw said news, I was kinda annoyed with ANN because I really wanted to avoid learning anything that hasn't already been officially revealed), then you might want to not listen to this podcast.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:28 pm

Vegard Aune wrote:
It gives away stuff that Toei already announced ahead of time, so it's not 100% spoiler-free... but it didn't tell me anything I already knew anyway. If you've seen that latest tidbit on ANN the other day about the movie, this podcast doesn't spoil anything. If you have not seen said latest tidbit however (and I must agree with Kirbopher, when I saw said news, I was kinda annoyed with ANN because I really wanted to avoid learning anything that hasn't already been officially revealed), then you might want to not listen to this podcast.
I've been spoiled by one of the recent news posts here. Apart from that, I haven't seen one of the trailers that spoil things.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:13 pm

With how heavily visual/audio this movie is being made out to be; I'm just gonna have to wait to actually watch it before I pass judgement. My excitement completely bottomed out last Saturday (and I genuinely felt depressed which was ridiculous of me because there are way bigger things going on and I shouldn't be that sad about my favorite new db aspect being cut, but I did, and I don't think I can stop feeling sad about it, but at least I'm not depressed anymore and I'm trying to look for the good parts about this movie because I want to be able to enjoy it).

At least with my expectations this low I can't possibly be disappointed. Everyone's saying it's a fun movie; it probably is. I really like the voice cast so more of them having a good time sounds great.

I still plan to read the detailed version of the movie summary whenever you get time to write/edit/post it.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:02 am

Anyone else notice that they're talking about a Freeza movie on Podcast Episode 379? You know, like Freeza Planet 79? I dunno, just thought it was cool...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:36 pm

I am so used to VegettoEX saying the three titles of the film, please don't start call it the new Freeza movie it would seem weird otherwise :lol:

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:40 am

There was a good few times where Chris felt the need to relay some particular parts or funny lines and, while not spoilery, was kind of irksome. I found myself hitting the "skip ahead 10 seconds" button from time to time.