Episode #0382 (21 June 2015)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0382 (21 June 2015)

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:22 pm

Episode #0382 (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes) (YouTube version)
37:42; 96 kbps, mono; 26.1 MB

Episode #0382! VegettoEX and Herms discuss the reveal of "Champa" for "Dragon Ball Super" before diving in to early impressions of "Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden" for the Japanese Nintendo 3DS. While the new game invokes the old Super Famicom series, does it live up to the pedigree set by both the old games as well as 2011's "Ultimate Butoden" on the original Nintendo DS? Did Arc System Works deliver a technical masterpiece, or just phone it in on the portable space?

Referenced sites:
Enjoy!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Re: Episode #0382 (21 June 2015)

Post by MagicBox » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:41 pm

Once again, news strikes just as the podcast is uploaded!

Seriously, thanks for the first impressions. I can't remember the last time I followed a Dragon Ball video game this closely. I'm really looking forward to it and I can't wait for the "later impressions and review" podcast you mentioned. This'll be my first Butōden game. I wonder if they'll include Super Butōden 2. I mean, you'd think so, considering they hinted at it on FaceBook. But after what happened with the bonus game in Origins 2, I can't help but wonder.

And yet again, you guys make me feel horribly sad that we never got Ultimate Butōden...

EDIT: Keep doing podcast episodes about the JSAT special! That's the only way we're going to get an announcement at this point! :P

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Episode #0382 (21 June 2015)

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:06 pm

I think trying to cover Dragon Ball Super Chapter #1 alongside Dragon Ball Super Episode #1 might be too unwieldy. There's going to be more than enough to discuss with the latter. Comparisons can certainly play a part in it, but I think trying to merge the bulk of both discussions might be a bit much. Then again, even giving Dragon Ball Super Chapter #1 its own episode might be a bit much, unless it's a short episode. With discussing the animated series one will be able to consider the various contributing creators and how their circumstances affect the overall product. With the comic one knows right off the bad that Toyo-tarou..drew it in a week based off of materials from Toei Animation. That's about it.

Then again, if the episode for Dragon Ball Super Episode #1 is super long I suppose it doesn't really matter either way if the two are merged, but even then I think the discussion between contributors will begin to lose luster with the natural passing of time and consumption of alcohol.

Oh, well.