Episode #0391 (22 November 2015)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0391 (22 November 2015)

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:34 pm

Episode #0391 (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes) (YouTube version)
49:45; 96 kbps, mono; 34.4 MB

Episode #0391! VegettoEX and Julian reflect on ten years of the podcast. What were the big stories from ten years ago, what products had not even been released yet at that time, and what was going on in fandom? We also discuss what the podcast has meant to the website and to our own lives! Join us for a bit of self-indulgent reminiscence.

Enjoy! It turned into more of a waaaaaaaay chill retrospective than I thought it would be going into it, and then it turned into basically grilling Julian on different types of fandom. Conversations sure take interesting spins on our show!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Re: Episode #0391 (22 November 2015)

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:32 pm

Wow. I remember listening to the podcast when I was 16 ... and I'm still here at 26. I've changed completely as a person, though I guess that makes sense considering I've left puberty (thank god) and all that. I mean, coming up with a name like "TrunksTrevelyan0064" is something only stupid idiotic younger me would do (I go by Kevtrev on the internet these days).

It's crazy how little things can have such a huge impact on your life. If not for Dragon Ball, I would never have met my best friend, for example.

I don't really know what else to say, but ... here's to many more years!

Gabool The Wild
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gabool The Wild » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:44 am

10 years, huh? It goes by fast when you're having fun. I was 12 years old and just looking at random DragonBall websites when I first visited DaizenshuuEX. I remember listening to the first few podcasts to get caught up, and I've listened to every new release since. The in-depth conversations and analysis always made me want to try to be just as well informed on every other anime or manga that I enjoy besides just DragonBall. It really spurred my passion for this community.
It's hard to believe that I've gone through middle school, high school and all the way up to the present listening to the podcast. Here's to another ten years.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:55 am

That was so good! Happy 10th anniversary Kanzenshuu!

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:49 am

10 years of the podcast. My first episode was the Battle Stadium DON which was no. 39, but then I started following you weekly around the Manga Review of Awesomeness around 2008 from the first episode all the way till now. Speaking of, The Manga Review of Awesomeness was probably one the best things you've ever done in the podcast and it was one enjoyable trip to go through the manga with you.

Other favorite episodes including the group discussions when had a bunch of people all talk about the one topic you had like The Magic Begins and Evolution episodes or the 20 questions games.

jpranevich
Beyond Newbie

Post by jpranevich » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:58 pm

Congratulations on 10 years! I look forward to listening to this podcast episode on my drive in next week.

I hope you mention it, but I'm still patiently hoping for the GT Review of Awesomeness to resume. I know that Super is keeping everyone busy and-- let's face it-- GT sucks and is rapidly moving into a secondary place against "Super", but you were the only way I made it through as much of GT as I did. I can't finish the series without you!

But rather than GT, perhaps one of these years when you are less flooded with content, I'd love to read you guys do a review of awesomeness on some of the other manga, Dragonball SD and the like if they ever get collected into kanzenban. Might be a fun way to bring back that feature with new content.

BojGrass
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BojGrass » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:14 am

I've been trying to recall if I had listened to the first podcast or not. I remember the term was starting to be thrown around quite a bit at the time (or it seemed like it to me), but you guys might have been the first to actually get me to listen to one. It was nice to hear Julian back on this episode. The more I go back the more I realize that I've been hanging around a lot longer than I thought I had been. Time soldiers on!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:52 am

Happy 10th Anniversary! ☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆

I have been following the podcast since it started. I actually think I sent in audio questions to it before--there was a "send in your questions by audio file" segment at some point unless I'm remembering that wrong. Of the segments you've done I think my favorite was the April Fools skit you did; I think it was either a murder mystery or something where in the story someone was thrown in the back of a truck and driven somewhere? I forget who the culprit turned out to be (I don't think this is something I could easily find searching the site because I don't think it would've been written about in the episode summary). I also recall enjoying "the manga reviews of awesomeness" and the way Appule became your unofficial mascot for a while (and how Mike got to voice Appule in a TFS episode). All the Dragon Box stuff was also fun from what I recall. :3

Wishing you many more!

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:28 pm

10 years...man, next year, the podcast will outlive the TV airing of the first three series :D (Yeah, podcast ended not always being weekly but neither did the show! lol)

To be honest, I still go back and listen to those older podcasts. Great stuff there, lots of fun! So when the unicorn gag came up, I totally remembered how it came about :lol:
Meri was cursing about something (Saying how Mike kept yelling at one of the Sparking games?) and it was censored with her saying "Unicorn!" and then apologized and said "edit that out with "Unicorn!" or something". And for the longest time someone would say "Unicorn!" whenever someone cursed lol (And it would get used a verb, ie. this unicorning show)

Anyway, congrats and here's to another decade of great podcasting and site running!

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:11 pm

Chuquita wrote:Happy 10th Anniversary! ☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆

I have been following the podcast since it started. I actually think I sent in audio questions to it before--there was a "send in your questions by audio file" segment at some point unless I'm remembering that wrong. Of the segments you've done I think my favorite was the April Fools skit you did; I think it was either a murder mystery or something where in the story someone was thrown in the back of a truck and driven somewhere? I forget who the culprit turned out to be (I don't think this is something I could easily find searching the site because I don't think it would've been written about in the episode summary). I also recall enjoying "the manga reviews of awesomeness" and the way Appule became your unofficial mascot for a while (and how Mike got to voice Appule in a TFS episode). All the Dragon Box stuff was also fun from what I recall. :3

Wishing you many more!
I remember the murderer was Jeff. :lol: But yeah, that was one of the best April Fools jokes they've done for the site.

Speaking of, it feels like ages since we last heard Jeff's cool voice and newbie views.

Michie
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Michie » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:29 pm

This podcast made me really curious about the first podcast. Mike really did sound a lot younger, Julian's voice however didn't changed that much.

Anyway, Happy birthday!

Gabool The Wild
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gabool The Wild » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:57 am

SHINOBI-03 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Happy 10th Anniversary! ☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆

Wishing you many more!
I remember the murderer was Jeff. :lol: But yeah, that was one of the best April Fools jokes they've done for the site.

Speaking of, it feels like ages since we last heard Jeff's cool voice and newbie views.
Jeff's sexy voice and the Manga Review of Awesomeness was definitely my favorite of all the long-running topics the show has had. We totally need Jeff to make a return.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:54 am

It was really fun hearing you guys reflect on the show. You apologized several times for being self-indulgent but ya'll totally earned that right in my book. Doing podcasts is hard work and you've been consistently providing a quality show since I've been listening back in 2008/9. I'm glad to hear you won't be slowing down! Thanks for what you guys have done!

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:57 am

Can't really listen to the episode ATM but congrats. While I wasn't really a frequent listener until now I've been viewing this site and it's podcast for six years, scary how time flies by. Hope the podcast and everyone is still here in another 10 years.