Episode #0406 (12 June 2016)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0406 (12 June 2016)

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:09 pm

Episode #0406 (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes) (YouTube version) (SoundCloud version)
92:13; 96 kbps, mono; 63.5 MB

Episode #0406! Mike, Chris, and Scott review the Universe 6 and 7 God of Destruction Invitational Tournament (or just the "Champa arc" for short!) from the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series. How well were the new characters integrated into the larger story, and what does this all mean for the future of the series? What were some of the best character moments, and where was the ball dropped along the way?

SEGMENTS:
00:13 - Introduction (what's on deck, etc.)
01:47 - News (Super Dragon Ball Heroes, Future Trunks Arc, Dragon Ball SD, Extreme Butoden, & more)
11:14 - Topic (Champa arc review with Kirbopher & KaiserNeko)
90:34 - Ending

REFERENCED SITES:
Ta-dah! Enjoy the review this week. Thoughts on the approach to full arcs like this? As I said during the episode, I don't personally think it's worthwhile at all (or responsible, even, if you really want to get down to it...) to review individual episodes, but what about an entire arc versus longer portions? But if we don't know how long it's going to be, since it's all happening in real time, how do we set boundaries?! Anyway, yep. That's an episode!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SaiyaSith
Regular

Re: Episode #0406 (12 June 2016)

Post by SaiyaSith » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:08 am

I really enjoy hearing you guys on the podcast together! This is a definite must listen for everyone who enjoys the show!

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Great stuff as always. I also started listening "Manga Review of Awesomeness" and i love it, that April 1st one was hilarious!

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:08 am

If this were a lesser website, I'd have compiled all the one-liners and typed my actual response in a second post. :lol:

I all but need to preface this by mentioning how happy I am that you all ran that ship as evenhandedly as you did. God only knows the negativity the show has accumulated is legion, hitting "this show is so bad that I have to make it absolutely clear what I don't like to feel good about my continued interest in this franchise" pretty steadily (Scott, you're watching Super 'F', you brought that upon yourself!). But that all but never even gets a mention here, it is just three guys who know quite well at this point that they're in the Dragon World for long haul talking about what they like and don't like. That is a big part of what drew me to this site in first place.

I think you are spot on about reviewing arcs over episodes. I watched a few of Geekdom's Super episode reviews and try as he might they were sweet nothings; a summary, a reaction, a conjecture, and then just when you think you're getting somewhere the video's over. A month-by-month model could work, it gives you four episodes and thus asks for more detail on less content, but that would leave you with odds months like the 3-parter Magetta fight, which was very clever but only leaves so much to discussion when you presume everyone involved had watched the episodes.