Episode #0408 (24 July 2016)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0408 (24 July 2016)

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:02 am

Episode #0408 (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes) (YouTube version) (SoundCloud version)
45:03; 96 kbps, mono; 31.1 MB

Episode #0408! Mike, Heath, and Ajay discuss fake materials constructed to add fuel to the fire of the "Dragon Ball Super" troubled production narrative. How did these drawings fit so well into what we already knew, and what should have been some of the warning signs along the way? A quick recap of news from across the globe and a few website project teases wrap up the episode!

SEGMENTS:
00:13 - Introduction (what's on deck, etc.)
02:52 - News (Viz "Dragon Ball Super" manga, "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" release information, new Trunks footage in upcoming "Resurrection 'F'" Fuji TV broadcast, etc.)
09:10 - Topic (False/fake/fabricated "Dragon Ball Super" production materials from an impersonated Twitter account)
42:01 - Episode wrap-up and website project teases

REFERENCED SITES:
Don't call it a comeback; we've been here for (ten) years.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Episode #0408 (24 July 2016)

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:42 pm

I liked it. It was nice to hear Ajay for the first time (had no idea what he sounded like), and overall that was a pretty interesting subject.

Hopefully no more hiatus...es! At least for a while! :P

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:54 pm

Thanks for having me on! Was a good time, even if it was on a bit of an unfortunate subject.

Apologies for the occasional hoarseness and sounding so nasal. Hayfever and an operation earlier in the week has left me sounding a little off.

Hope everyone enjoys the show, regardless. Glad to be able to clear up this madness!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:53 pm

I find very appealling @Ajay enlightment on the behind the scenes on the animation industry (and animation in general).

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:08 pm

Where should I apply to become a professor at Kanzenshuu University? :mrgreen:

@Ajay: Your voice was fine. I didn't realize you were feeling hoarse.

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:43 am

What an interesting episode. I'm constantly amazed at the lengths people will go to, just for... what? Attention? Stuff like this always reminds me of the playground back in elementary school... "I heard Pan goes SSJ in Japan" "my brother showed me a picture of SSJ5 Goku, but it's in Japan only." :roll:

Hearing Ajay was a treat! I don't know what I was expecting, but matching a voice to text satisfied some sort of itch I didn't know I had.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:31 am

Great to hear Ajay on the podcast. I've thought more than once that he'd make a wonderful addition to the team.

What a crazy topic. As if Dragon Ball Super needed more bizarre nonsense to muddle up how it's discussed by fans.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:28 pm

Devilscorpse and Ajay as new mods? :clap: Ajay on the podcast? :o Hey now!

I am in harmonious concert with Lunaar: are schemes like this worth it? Is the attention that worthwhile? But then the Dragon Ball rumor mill has never done much for me so I suppose I am not in the target audience.

Now all of this talk of lost magic makes me a mite sad. It is a certain fate when you document things as thoroughly as the Kanzenshuu quartet do (sorry Heath!), but Kanzenshuu's level of documentation shouldn't doom to you watch Dragon Ball as a finished collaborative project rather than a piece of entertainment all by itself!

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:42 am

With this episode, I am finally caught up with the podcast! I think I decided to start from episode 1 back around this past Christmas, after listening to the latest podcast episodes on-and-off since about 2010. In my time listening (both years past and these last 9-or-so months going through its history), the podcast has gotten me through schoolwork, housework, lawn work, real-adult-being-employed work, and the long drives between my home and college. I've laughed, I... don't think I've cried (I've at least been somber when hearing of someone's passing), and I've learned so much about a series that is very dear to my heart. I listened as two fansites dedicated to Dragon Ball went from rivals to partners-in-crime to basically being a single website to actually being a single website. I heard the tale of a Julian, who traveled to and from the land where our favorite series originates, from his own mouth. I [some synonym for listen here] as Dragon Ball went from a finished thing to having all new installments, ready for a new generation of fans. It was quite a lot to go through in less than a year, but here I am, now with the knowledge of what came before. To Mike, Meri, Julian, Heath, Jake, and all the other guests and regulars on this podcast: it's been a great ride so far, and I hope to hear many more years of greatness!

As for this particular episode: I now know what Ajay sounds like, so that's cool. It's always fun to have a new voice on the show, and Ajay fit right in like he'd been doing it for years. This whole thing of French artists masquerading as Dragon Ball producers on Twitter is just... odd. I guess it's that people love bringing attention to themselves, so some go about it in strange ways.