Episode #0418 (01 January 2017)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Episode #0418 (01 January 2017)

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:49 pm

The show gets so few listens on that service that I see no reason to pay for the extra space. Last episode was too long to keep up and still post another one.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:25 am

VegettoEX wrote:The show gets so few listens on that service that I see no reason to pay for the extra space. Last episode was too long to keep up and still post another one.
Got it. I was just asking. Love the podcast, by the way. Keep it up!

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:32 am

VegettoEX wrote:I really, truly, honestly "believe" and "buy" Trunks' power-up. With all the shit he's going through, with all the rhetoric being spewed at him by gods, with the combination of overwhelming support and overwhelming berating coming from the very heroes he came back in time to recruit? I buy it. He earned that. He 100% deserves that and I 100% believe what I see on screen. That's so much more satisfying to me than some of those other examples, and I think does truly correlate with some of the other major, iconic transformations we've seen in the series.

Same goes with the Genki-Dama-inspired sword. The whole arc we're being shown this group of survivors (children, parents, resistance solders, etc.) that truly believe in Trunks. That's such a logical and fulfilling thing to see come to fruition, and I think it's also what makes their loss at the hands of Zen'o even more devastating.
I was going to type something up regarding this, but you've summed up my feelings about both of these very well. There was enough there in this arc - through SHOW and not TELL - that through F.Trunks' inner monologues, emotions, and perspective that make both of those events very believable to me. I really like that the show didn't feel that it had to hammer in an explain everything, and let us viewers really get into where F.Trunks was coming from.

Great listen BTW!