LongThoughts with Baloo: VegettoEX Interview (September 2017)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

LongThoughts with Baloo: VegettoEX Interview (September 2017)

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:14 pm

ADMINISTRATIVE NOTE:
When this episode was originally released, the respective podcast was freely available. Since then, it has transitioned to being a Patreon-funded show. The host has allowed me to share the episode independent of that; it is also available directly in the RSS feed for the Kanzenshuu podcast.

------------------------------

Heyo! Similar to some of the previous guest appearances and interviews, I'm creating a dedicated thread here on the forum just in case anyone doesn't follow us on social media, might be interested in checking this out, and otherwise would not see it pop up.

LongThoughts with Baloo is (at the time of this posting) a relatively new podcast about 30 episodes into its run. "Baloo" has primarily spoken with and interviewed poets, but is also looking to speak more with other content creators. As a longtime fan of Kanzenshuu, Baloo asked me to come on his show, and I was happy to do so! I really wanted to bring something relevant to the table, so I asked if we could discuss Journey to the West a little bit, and more specifically its poetry. It's a topic I really haven't had an opportunity to get into even on my own podcast yet, and so I thought this would be a great outlet for it.

I hope you enjoy the chat! You can grab the MP3 directly.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Re: LongThoughts with Baloo: VegettoEX Interview (September 2017)

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:39 pm

"It (Journey to the West) is held up as great, enduring art, but its explicit and ambiguous to a point that it leaves you wondering "How is this so good?" Dragon Ball took after it even more than we thought! :lol:

Thank you for putting this here, I am one of the people who might have missed it otherwise. You did want to talk about this for a while!

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: LongThoughts with Baloo: VegettoEX Interview (September 2017)

Post by tinlunlau » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:35 am

Just a suggestion but perhaps, you could discuss Journey to the West with a Chinese person familiar to the stories someday and maybe discuss on how the various movie/TV adaptations (recent and old) took cues from Dragonball.