Episode #0099 (21 October 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0099 (21 October 2007)

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:45 am

Episode #0099 (download MP3)
53:03; 64 kbps, mono; 24.2 MB

Episode #0099! VegettoEX, Meri, and Julian do the first-part review of "Sparking! METEOR" for the PS2! OK, so Julian sat out on the topic, but with everyone together we also discussed video game sales news, cosplay outfits for sale, and a slight jump into the past for old fansites and old fandom discussion. Referenced sites:
Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the bizarro *ninety-nine* episodes, now.

Hoooooooooly crap. One more episode to the magic number one-hundred. That doesn't mean we slouched on this episode, though! All around great discussions that I enjoyed the partaking in and of.

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:12 am

Darn it Mike, you can't use having your photo taken with Chimchar as an excuse for releasing the Podcast late THEN not even show us the Chimchar photo! :evil:

Anyway, about to listen to it... XD

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:10 pm

Damn it Mike... you shrug off recording the podcast to take a picture with a MONKEY?!? :evil:

Oh yes, the podcast... :lol:
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:41 pm

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:Damn it Mike... you shrug off recording the podcast to take a picture with a MONKEY?!? :evil:

Oh yes, the podcast... :lol:
Not just any monkey. Its Hikozaru.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:01 pm

I have to say, if you haven't played a Sparking game on the Wii, you should definitely give it a whirl. I have Neo (well, technically BT2 with it's lack of Appule, Daimao, etc) for the Wii, and it beats the stuffing out of the PS2 version.

Even X-Play acknowledged it. Freaking X-Play. And they're a bunch of asshats!

DaftBrian

LOL

Post by DaftBrian » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:17 pm

Meri, the simplified the shit out of Budokai 3, don't know why you think its insane with "Circle circle triangle square".

Super DBZ combos were more complicated in my opinion.

p.s. Am I the only one who was really excited to see Dr.Wheelo in this game?
"Every time you cry, I laugh a little more"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:42 pm

(minorly off-topic; points above) Nekoni's old DA avi!

Despite the lack of Japanese VA's, I do find myself going back to Super Dbz because I love the engine. >_>

I do plan on getting a Wii (If only for Super Smash Bros because Mario VS Sonic in actual battle will be epic; as I grew up playing both their games) but I'm not sure which system I want Meteor for. :? Kinda undecided there.

If enough people on the forums here get it for the Wii, will we all have one massive online battle at some point?

I remember Planet Namek being the first dbz site I ever visited. I was looking up stuff on dbz back in 2000 and on the AOL search engine it was the first thing listed there.

I also remember the first time I visited Daizex, which was unfortunately during that period of time you had taken a break, so all I was greeted with was the splash image.

As for people/sites I miss....I miss Kabu. She's a dbz artist from Italy and she has done some of the best fanart I have ever seen. EVER.
She retired due to real life a year 'n a half ago though. I hope she found an awesome job that's suited to her equally awesome artistic talent.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:07 am

I remember Planet Namek being the first dbz site I ever visited. I was looking up stuff on dbz back in 2000 and on the AOL search engine it was the first thing listed there
Same here, I also liked The DBZ Information Page with frames or no frames. :lol:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:14 am

God, I long for the glory days of Planet Namek. Does anyone know what happened to those guys - like, are they still out there on the net, lurking on another site or something? :P

Probably a stupid question, but Chimchar...who? :shock:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:25 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Probably a stupid question, but Chimchar...who? :shock:
Chimchar, the Chimp Pokémon
Its fiery rear end is fueled by gas made in its belly. Even rain can't extinguish the fire.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:39 am

SaiyamanMS wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Probably a stupid question, but Chimchar...who? :shock:
Chimchar, the Chimp Pokémon
Its fiery rear end is fueled by gas made in its belly. Even rain can't extinguish the fire.

Wait, "fiery rear end"? Really? :shock:

There's just...so much I could say yet for some reason would prefer to avoid doing so. o_O;;;
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:18 am

Chuquita wrote:Wait, "fiery rear end"? Really? :shock:
The evidence speaks for itself.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:51 am

WOW. A flaming monkey. That's...that's something else. :shock:

I shudder to think how the poor thing uses the bathroom.
Or sleeps.
Or sits down. o_O
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:30 am

Chuquita wrote:WOW. A flaming monkey. That's...that's something else. :shock:

I shudder to think how the poor thing uses the bathroom.
Or sleeps.
Or sits down. o_O
Well, the last Pokédex entry I gave was the Pearl version one, here's the one from Diamond:

It agilely scales sheer cliffs to live atop craggy mountains. Its fire is put out when it sleeps.

So yeah, sleeping isn't a problem. :P

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:45 am

You know, I didn't even mention the Chimchar thing in this thread... and there's a reason :P. Besides, it's not like that's the ONLY thing I was doing...

Keep it on-topic! :twisted:
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:06 am

VegettoEX wrote:You know, I didn't even mention the Chimchar thing in this thread... and there's a reason :P. Besides, it's not like that's the ONLY thing I was doing...

Keep it on-topic! :twisted:
Sorry 'bout that Mike. ^^;;
I liked the Meteor review, I'm definately looking forward to playing the game myself.

(However, I still demand to see the Chimchar photo. :P)

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:03 pm

Listening to it right now. There is another game where Trunks does the special attack where his hands are in the air and he defeats Cell in his time. It's in the first DBZ game for the PSP. But I didn't expect you to know that since you don't own a PSP. It looks so amazing. You should definetly youtube that bitch.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

Calcaneus

Post by Calcaneus » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:10 pm

That was a good episode. Even though I'm not really interested in Sparking METEOR, it was fun listening to you guys discussing the fighting game mechanics. I especially liked all the Street Fighter love going on in the episode. I also liked the "bloopers" section at the end. So true, so awesome.

XxAtarisCorexX

Post by XxAtarisCorexX » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:37 pm

Loved the review guys! Can't wait till next Sunday form the 100th episode.
Elitism is a very bad personality trait. I'd rather deal with an eager to learn moron than a mean-spirited, angsty piece of shit.

tarrin4ever

Post by tarrin4ever » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:55 pm

I gotta go with The Lecherous Muten Roshi here. The Wii version of these games totally boosts the enjoyment value a million points... well, maybe 10 or 20. What scale are we using?

Nothing like holding the wiimote up to your forehead, lunging at the tv and screaming Makankosappo!!!