Episode #0100 (28 October 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0100 (28 October 2007)

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:40 pm

Episode #0100 (download MP3)
207:03; 64 kbps, mono; 94.7 MB

Episode #0100! VegettoEX, Meri, and Julian bribe listeners with this week's news and the start-up of a daizenshuu give-away contest before looking back on the last one hundred episodes. A three-hour clip-show of all the greatest moments from the last hundred episodes rounds out the extravaganza. Referenced sites:
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:41 pm

'waves more bandwidth bye bye'

Let's see another 100 episodes.

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:45 pm

Awesomeness to the max. Thanks.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:58 pm

*nearly falls out of her chair at the sheer length of it* WOW! That...that's the longest podcast EVER! :shock:

I can't wait to hear it. X3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:15 pm

OMG, I want that Toriyama One Shot Collection! Congratulations on the 100th episode!!!!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:27 pm

Whoo-hoo!

::Downloads::

Hot diggity. I'm not sure what this contest entails, but once I find out, I'm entering!
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:35 pm

Wow, that first episode sounded so awkward... When listening to this, you can really see how it has grown. Iam so glad it's been going on for this long, I really look foward to these episodes every week. :D Congrats!

XxAtarisCorexX

Post by XxAtarisCorexX » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:44 pm

Wow, congrats guys! Listening to it now. Keep up the good work Mike, Meri, Julian, and everyone else involved!
Elitism is a very bad personality trait. I'd rather deal with an eager to learn moron than a mean-spirited, angsty piece of shit.

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:46 pm

I love you guys. Thanks for the 100 Podcasts!

Now if only I could catch you on Live...

Calcaneus

Post by Calcaneus » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:07 pm

Wow, this really is perfect timing. I'm pulling an all-nighter writing an essay and this is exactly what my ears need.

Congratulations on the huge 100th episode!

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:23 pm

Woah, a whopping three hours! What more could I want to drown out the constant doorbell ringing of trick or treaters later today (er tonight).

Congrats on the 100 episodes :D. My favorite one is probably the fourth one with Scott Melzer.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:42 pm

Haha, I still laugh how fanboy-ish you sound answering one of my fanboy-ish nitpick e-mail. Still listening...

Edit- Quite confusing at certain points, using the fading effects to link up the clips. I have little problem with this since I listened to all of the episodes, though it may throw off new listeners. Nevertheless, I'm amazed you guys went through all of the episode, picking out the highlights while having day job(s).
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:49 pm

Happy 100th you guys!
After listening to you guys from the first week of the Podcast, all the way up to now, I'd just like to say thank you.
Thank you, Mike, Meri, Julian, Thank you, for making what is, in my oppinion, the best Podcast on the internet... about Dragonball. :P
But in all seriousness, it was a pretty damn emotional clip show, I remembered myself back in school, listening to these podcasts walking there, listening to half, then half again walking back. How you guys had a really rookie sounding voice at the start, but are now pretty damn proffesional. Now, working, I still listen to these podcasts each week, I hope you don't mind if I say, I've been on the Podcast ride with you, at least, in my oppinion. :)
So yeah, once again guys, thanks for taking the time to make the podcast.
And, here's to Episode 200!

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brakus » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:59 pm

HAPPY 100TH PODCAST, DAIZENSHUU EX!

I haven't yet heard the podcast (but I will starting tomorrow morning), but I'm wondering how many of their favorite moments match my personal Top Ten Favorite/Funny Moments, which are:

10. "Embarrassing moments", Episode 6
9. "Fix Wikipedia or the terrorists win", Episode 42
8. "Fully nude moments", Episode 32
7. "the old Z Store reference", Episodes 19, 25, and other random eps
6. "He raps really fast!", Episode 4
5. "Julian and Meri pick on Mike", Episode 50
4. "Mike and the nerdy fan e-mail", Episode 70
3. "Mike turns ghetto", Episode 61
2. "Making DBZ Sprite", Episode 57

And my personal #1 moment is....

1. "It's a Robot Chicken!" from Episode 25, hands down my favorite episode of them all, for a well-rounded episode from news to topic to e-mails and such, it's a fine episode and a fine start for someone wanting to listen to the show for the first time.

I hope to enjoy this podcast tomorrow! Congratulations, Mike, Meri, and Julian! Please keep on enlightening and entertaining us for more podcasts to come!
- J

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. That is the secret of life."
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:04 pm

I will go on record and say that I didn't even hit all of my own favorite clips... it was really tough... I dare you all to try fitting 100 episodes into something resembling a listen-able length :P.

Oh, and I did indeed take everything from the wav masters of the episodes, so it's not like I was re-compressing the audio... the only extra thing I did was balance/level-out early episodes when I didn't have the same programs line-up that I do, now. Not that anyone cares :P.

Also, next weekend's episode will probably be something short and fun, so as not to overwhelm you... err... I mean... me!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:57 pm

94MBs? Hot damn, this is gonna be a while for us dial-up folks. But hey, I've always been one to love clip shows; I was there for Evangelion episode 14 (...and Death & Rebirth...), GT episode 55, the many many many flashbacks within the SSJ Goku/Freeza battle, and whatever bloody else. Yay for a super ultra flashback episode. :D

Boo the two nights it'll take to DL this. :shock:
14 years later

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:04 pm

3 hour show?!?

Holy shit, this is gonna take a while... *downloads and waits for Imaginationland III*

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:49 pm

(still listening) A clip show, eh? Well, I'm not exactly the biggest fan of stuff like this, but alright. My one big problem with stuff like this is that you still have to know the context of the conversation to fully "get" what's being said, so it's not exactly good for the newer listeners who haven't heard the earlier episodes. Sure, you try to "set up" the context of each episode by saying stuff like if it's a video game review or not and if there's a special guest, but even that still doesn't seem like enough. It's kinda like those recap episodes that TV shows tend to do-- its purpose is to get those not in the know back in the know, but they're still not in the know because they still didn't fully get what happened in that one scene.

Then again, I guess one could see it from the perspective that the clip show will encourage those who were a bit confused at certain parts to go ahead and check out those older episodes.

All that stuff aside, I'm actually digging the 100th episode. It's basically got most of my favorite quotes from the episodes so far all squished into a 3:27 long show. It's especially convenient since I've been keeping some episodes only because I liked a certain part of it that was only a minute long and nothing more.

I'm pretty sure you guys have included all of my favorite quotes from the podcast so far (Meri's top nude moments, the Robot Chicken, Andrew's taco fiasco, Vegeta's "You won't escape my wrath" line...) except for that one quote in episode 19 with Meri's top bad dub lines (that entire list was just hilarious).
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:45 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Oh, and I did indeed take everything from the wav masters of the episodes, so it's not like I was re-compressing the audio... the only extra thing I did was balance/level-out early episodes when I didn't have the same programs line-up that I do, now. Not that anyone cares :P.
...so you REMASTERED them!!!

did you cut off the tops and bottoms?

DaftBrian

Contest

Post by DaftBrian » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:17 am

Hey, will you accept youtube videos to win the contest?
"Every time you cry, I laugh a little more"