Episode #0120 (16 March 2008)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:26 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:YES! YOU READ IT! OMGWTF!

(Please note: it was a joke.)

Anyway, awesome episode. Enjoyed hearing ol' Dessy talk about stuff.

And thanks to everyone who was ROFLing at my e-mail. 'Tis much appreciated. :P
HAHA OMG THAT WAS HILARIOUS.

Caps lock was needed to express my feelings :P

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:51 am

I just wanted to comment on one of the e-mail questions, Lance's question concerning Seventeen's fate. I am no expert but I always thought that the reason Seventeen was brought back with the rest of Cell's victims was because he was killed when Cell self-destructed on North Kaio's planet. Cell grew so strong regenerating after the fact, that the villain no longer needed either Seventeen or Eighteen to maintain his perfect form.

Oh and the first love letter from Torybot to Julian was priceless! Creepy, restraining order inducing but priceless. Shame on you Mike for giving people such ideas. Do it more! :wink: :roll: :lol:

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brakus » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:33 am

Haven't yet heard the e-mail section, 'cause I just got to work.... and I skipped over the topic for now 'cause I want to see the doujinshi first before listening to your fine discussion.

I am still thinking about going to Animazement... I wonder if I'm going to mark out for Ryusei Nakao as I did for Takeshi Kusao last year. (My YouTube videos I got of Takeshi Kusao and Kara Edwards are still fun to watch.) I also wonder if they'll sign my Season 3 and Season 4 boxsets (with Frieza and Trunks on the front, respectively). I'm sure they'll have a lot of fans as will Kyle Hebert and Kara Edwards (assuming they are going back to AZ this year). [I can understand the English dub voice actors getting more fans than Beck's manga-ka; however, Greg Ayres and Johnny Yong Bosch are already popular in their own right. If it makes you feel a little better, even Greg Ayres himself will say that he's a big fan of the manga-ka.]

As much as that's happening at Animazement, Jim Vowles of Otakon is fixing to make an announcement for this year that may blow that out of the water.... JAM Project (of which Hironobu Kageyama is a member) is supposed to do their first ever U.S. tour this year, and if Otakon announces that they have JAM Project, this could be very VERY big. We'll just have to see.
- J

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. That is the secret of life."
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:07 am

"Tatsunoki Horoko"

I lawl'd.

Haven't finished the cast, but the actual page didn't take me 6 months. The fact that I were the busy was the reason. I believe I was translating a light novel, a guide book, and chapters from an on-going manga at the time.

Oh, and the picture on Toyable's site has Gohan looking shocked with a copy of the manga and matching it up with the computer screen saying, "IT'S THE SAME!!!"

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:15 am

Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:"Tatsunoki Horoko"
Damn! I got the Horoko part, though!

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:19 am

That you did. People usually call me Horoko, anyway. (That's actually the first time I've heard a person say my name IRL, though. It was quite funny.)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:37 pm

Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:That you did. People usually call me Horoko, anyway. (That's actually the first time I've heard a person say my name IRL, though. It was quite funny.)
Wait...you're not saying you're real name is Tatsunoboshi Horoko, are you? :shock: :shock: :shock:
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:19 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Correction on the timeline of the doujinshi, the first posting about it here was in November of 2006, not last year - and I've been doing pages since April of 2007.

A fucking year. Holy shit.

Also, my girlfriend is pretty sure I'm a rockstar now.

-edit-
Found that page with the explanation of tracing.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/toyble/archives/50808433.html
Sorry to ask but, can you tell me the link to what website you host your translated AF pages at? I've only read the first few online but I wanna read a lot more.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:41 pm

Pain wrote:Sorry to ask but, can you tell me the link to what website you host your translated AF pages at? I've only read the first few online but I wanna read a lot more.
I'm gonna add a bigger link on the home page for this particular podcast episode. People seem to be missing it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

the original ero-sennin
Beyond Newbie

Post by the original ero-sennin » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:32 pm

Another great episode... Also, like you said on the main page, Target did have the two Tenkaichi games for like $10.00.. was able to pick them up when I went to work... thanks for the heads up. :)

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:13 am

JulieYBM wrote:
Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:That you did. People usually call me Horoko, anyway. (That's actually the first time I've heard a person say my name IRL, though. It was quite funny.)
Wait...you're not saying you're real name is Tatsunoboshi Horoko, are you? :shock: :shock: :shock:
No, silly. Not unless I personally changed it to that (which would be weird, considering that's a girl's name.) Just saying that people online use the shorthand version. :P

Hero 004
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero 004 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:19 am

You know there's gonna be a show also so be sure to review that too, I have all of the DBAF episodes downloaded on my computer.....just kidding of course, ah the middle school debate-filled memories.

Anyway, I was really entertained with this episode and I'm glad you guys decided to step out of what we would expect and review the impressive fan manga. Also, it was a pleasure to listen to Desire, glad you joined 'em dude!
"Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets"- Goku

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:56 pm

I also have something to add to the whole Android 17 thing :o

I think we pretty much established that Cell killed 17 while he was in his body when he self destructed. So naturally he'd be wished back to the place where he exploded (hopefully with clothes intact :p hope that Shenron is as good as Porunga in that regard).

But what about Android 16?!!!! He was totally glossed over! He doesn't reappear ever after that and is not even mentioned! Don't get me wrong, I don't like the guy, but he was without a shadow of a doubt killed by Cell. There is no denying it. Why wasn't he wished back as well and why wasn't he even mentioned by Krillin or Android 18 for that matter? It's as if no one seems to care :p (that's probably the reason).

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:04 pm

16 was a pure robot, so "back to life" doesn't really apply, there. He would have to be completely rebuilt (probably from scratch, since not much remained after he blew himself up and was then crushed by Cell). Without Dr. Gero's original programming, there's a good chance that the 16 that could be "rebuilt" wouldn't be the same as the 16 they knew, so perhaps they figured just let him be...?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

FUNimationRocks

Post by FUNimationRocks » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:44 am

What are you all talking about? 16 was restored. He remained in solitude until Goku came back for the tournament. On his way, Goku was attacked by 16 which prompted an all out, incredibly short lived battle for our big, misguided friend. Of course, 16 never stood a chance, but he still fought with everything he had. When Goku delivered the final punch (which was surprising because attackers of earthly peace are usually put out with an energy blast), it was one of the most devastating parts of the series for me. I liked the burial scene though, despite it being another tear-jerker (which I can't stand when watching anime).

It was, and still is without a doubt, one of the best filler arcs ever created, and I for one believe that Toei should be commended for it.

As for the whole thing with 17...

Now that's just mind-boggling. :shock:

(Great podcast guys. :P )
Last edited by FUNimationRocks on Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:30 am

Brakus wrote:As much as that's happening at Animazement, Jim Vowles of Otakon is fixing to make an announcement for this year that may blow that out of the water.... JAM Project (of which Hironobu Kageyama is a member) is supposed to do their first ever U.S. tour this year, and if Otakon announces that they have JAM Project, this could be very VERY big. We'll just have to see.
That would be very cool. 8)

I'm also enjoying this "Dragon Ball AF" Fan Manga (I just wished for the life of me, Toyble could've gave it a different title). It definitely has the spirit, look and humor of Toriyama's style. My favorite parts would have to be Tapion's back story and the revealing of West Kaio-shin's survival. I liked her tie-in with being the mother of Freeza. That would somewhat explain why I thought Kaio-shin looked a lot like Freeza when he first appeared at the Tenkaichi Budokai. The only problem with this are the raving, delusional, and persistent fanboys that insist AF is real, even though this Manga was made by the some of the ideas of the hype and fanart it's gotten over the years. It's like adding more fuel to the fire, even if it is very good fuel.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:52 am

FUNimationRocks wrote:What are you all talking about? 16 was restored. He remained in solitude until Goku came back for the tournament. On his way, Goku was attacked by 16 which prompted an all out, incredibly short lived battle for our big, misguided friend. Of course, 16 never stood a chance, but he still fought with everything he had. When Goku delivered the final punch (which was surprising because attackers of earthly peace are usually put out with an energy blast), it was one of the most devastating parts of the series for me. I liked the burial scene though, despite it being another tear-jerker (which I can't stand when watching anime).

It was, and still is without a doubt, one of the best filler arcs ever created, and I for one believe that Toei should be comended for it.

As for the whole thing with 17...

Now that's just mind-boggling. :shock:

(Great podcast guys. :P )
Dude, I don't remember any of that...

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:48 am

Since when was Desiré cool enough to appear on a podcast?! :shock:
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:12 pm

Steven Perry wrote:Since when was Desiré cool enough to appear on a podcast?! :shock:
It shocked me, too.

JohnnyBoy_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by JohnnyBoy_Z » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:54 pm

Good episode, guys. I especially enjoyed the conversation on DBAF.

I can remember finding that one SSJ5 Goku pic (the one that looks like a prism card) on the net way back in the day (late 90's). I think that's the first thing I discovered about DBAF. I'll admit I though it was real at the time. Then, when all those ridiculous pics started surfacing (i.e. SSJ4 Gohan, SSJ3 Vegeta & Raditz, red-haired Gotenks, SSJ Pan, "Vegetunks", etc.), I pretty much knew it wasn't going to happen. It was too obsurd at that point. I still thought some of them looked cool, though.

Regarding the mentioning of adding this to rumor guide, you guys should try to hunt down all of the DBAF pics out there when you do so.