Daizenshuu EX "Secret Wedding" Podcast

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WorldChampion

Post by WorldChampion » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:13 am

Congratulations to you, Mike and Meri.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:52 am

Now that I have listened to the podcast...
Wow, I've miss that whole event of a secret podcast! I wish I sent an e-mail, maybe I still will. Anyway, to the important part of this post, congratulations Mike and Meri. I hope the best for your life lives. My you both prosper with the rest of your life. :wink:
-Sebastian
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:00 pm

Awesome wedding gift podcast! Good to see my recording email made it through, figured a certain outburst of wacky "humor" I made would be edited out, thanks for that. Really, I made the thing in one quick go and had been awake for 19 1/2 hours, so that's my excuse. :P

Sorry the quality of my mic was so crappy, used a webcam for it. Was awesome getting to hear you guys and others like myself send the emails of congrats. Chu, I wasn't expecting you to make some comments; good stuff! Mike and Meri, I hope the wedding was awesome, and I'm sure Julian was there in some astral form of some sort.
14 years later

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:46 pm

Oh wow, I'm really out of the loop. I had no idea you guys already got married.

Congratulations, LaBrie and Meri~.

tlsmith1963

Re: Daizenshuu EX "Secret Wedding" Podcast

Post by tlsmith1963 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:04 pm

Hujio wrote:Daizenshuu EX "Secret Wedding" Podcast - Episode #0150b (19 October 2008)

Episode #0150b (download MP3)
72:05; 64 kbps, stereo; 32.9 MB

As some of you may know, Daizenshuu EX typically releases a DragonBall podcast every week. However, due to a certain marriage that took place yesterday between two of the shows hosts (Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie & Meredith "Meri" Cantoni), no episode is being released this week. So, to honor these giants of the DragonBall fandom world, and as a special geeky present, Desire Campbell, Herms, and myself (Hujio) got together and recorded a little Daizenshuu EX "Secret Wedding" podcast of our own! We had an absolute blast doing it; in fact we recorded for well over four hours, but had only an hour worth of actual material to show for it since we quickly learned that none of us could stay on topic.

Well, it's funny how these things sometimes don't always work out exactly the way you wanted them to. We had originally planned to release this yesterday (Sunday), but the dreaded podcast curse snuck up on us. While editing the podcast, the program started crashing, and then it wouldn't save anything. Desire was "elated" (read:sarcastic) to find out that over two hours of work he had done was lost! Now I am partially to blame for bringing this curse upon us, as I "acidentally" mentioned the live-action movie while we were recording. Apparently, the "DragonBall Gods" don't want anyone to speak of it, and those that do must pay the price. Anyway, the Daizenshuu EX "Secret Wedding" podcast is finally available for download. Enjoy!

Congrats Mike & Meri!

Also, big thanks to Desire's girlfriend and my wife for putting up with us while we did this. :D
I guess this is the place to congratulate Mike & Meri! Congratulations to both of you! I hope that you'll have a fantastic life together. :D

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:54 am

Finally got to listen to it, thanks for having me included guys. This was pretty awesome. I sound like such a dick compared to everyone else's feedback that they sent in, augh XD;

Seriously speaking though, I would say I owe as much to DaizEX as anyone else for keeping my fandom into the Dragonball world alive. I think 2000 or so is about when I first started frequenting the site, most particularly going to the lyrics section so I could sing karaoke to a bunch of the MIDIs that were out for the Japanese openings and endings. Hell, I remember when the MP3 section existed, hah. I also have a fond memory of ownage when my quintessential anime-know-it-all friend at the time, swore to me left and right about a "special movie", a year or so after which I promptly PRINTED OUT the "There is no OVA!" section that's been around forever.

I'm sure I'll be continuing to go here for a long time, so keep it up you guys and enjoy the love-filled festivities ;]

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:41 am

Married? Great. Now its time to have a few kids :wink:

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:02 pm

Congrats, Mike and Meri.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:11 pm

Well I finally got the time (and patience) to write my typical paragraph+ long posts.

First off, I gotta give a big "my bad" for not sending a little audio snippet wishing the best for our little married duo. I got the message, but what with adjusting to college and some drama that I was completely not prepared for, stuff on the forum just wasn't my biggest priority. Rest assured, though, that don't mean that my congratulations to the Mike and the Meri won't be any less um... significant (yeah, I'm sure there's a better word to use out there, but it's just not coming to me at the moment).

I feel like I've told me DB story at least three other times on this forum, but just for the sake of formalities, it looks like I've gotta do it again. Unlike most fans out there, I got into the series directly after all the Cell Games stuff. I wasn't really that into the whole super-violent stuff that was associated with the show, so it was somewhat of a surprise when I started the series from the Great Saiyaman Saga. Hilarity combined with some bits and pieces of action, my 13 year-old self could handle. Before then, I wasn't that into the series, but I was definitely aware of it. It was one of the only things my carpool would talk about, and I distinctly remember him even asking me to tape an episode of the Android Saga off of Toonami for one reason or another. It was one of the Vegeta vs. #18 episodes.

Anyway, upon really getting into the series, everyone else around me pretty much got out of the series, so the number of people I could talk to in terms of the show was pretty limited. I figured I'd give the internet a try, looking for the typical kid at the time would look for: cool SSJ pictures and episode summaries to get caught up. Sites linked to other sites, and it wasn't long before I finally came across Daizenshuu EX. It didn't have the typical black background and actually spoke pretty intelligibly in comparison to the other sites out there, so I'd check out the content every once in a while. I remember even having my e-mails answered in the "Ask DaizenshuuEX" section. I felt pretty proud when Julian said that it wasn't until my e-mail that he noticed that Mr. Popo's lips were removed from Viz's manga releases. I remember perusing the Ask section a lot back then and always being curious as to what this bizarre "new section" of the site was that linked from the part of the Ask section titled "This Week's Message Board Discussion." I've never heard of forums before. Having little e-discussions with other people who were represented by little avatar icons just wasn't my thing, so I didn't even lurk until the podcast started.

Hearing your little "fireside chats" every week in the podcast would really just make my week. They were kinda iffy at first, but it wasn't until you guys really found your groove in things that the episodes got better. I ended up getting to know these complete strangers in a way that I couldn't through the site alone. I started to actually have some kind of bond with people on the completely opposite side of the country. I ended up keeping up with the podcast not to learn any nifty new DB info, but more just to "check up" on you guys and your little shenanigans. It was through the podcast that I learned what the word "vernacular" meant. Heck, I ended up listening to the podcast to get through my first night at college :P.

... alright, I think I've blabbed enough as it is, so I'll get to the nitty-gritty. DaizenshuuEX started off as just some site where I'd pick up on the latest DB-related news, but it soon grew into something more. You know you guys are doing something right when I actually care about the site mods / podcast hosts. To put it in podcast terms, "good on you guys" for getting hitched. I wish you guys the best and all that stuff. You have no idea just how much you guys have shaped my fandom.

And of course, big thanks to Hujio, Herms, and my fellow "forum initials buddy" Desire Campbell (DC and DC, get it?) for whipping up this episode. I had a feeling a "very special episode" of the podcast would come up eventually, but I was thinking more along the lines of some kind of nineties PSA. Eh, maybe next time...
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

dakstarlander

Congratulations!

Post by dakstarlander » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:34 am

Well, I have to listen to the podcast later tomorrow as I have two presentations to prepare and early morning classes to teach. But anyways, I just wanted to say congratulations and thank you to everybody involved with Daizenshuu Ex (especially the married couple Mike and Meri). Anyways, good luck and have a great week!

Saiyavenger2941
Advanced Regular

Post by Saiyavenger2941 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:13 am

Late with this, I know, but congrats you guys.
[color=#30966E][b]PROUDLY Straight-Edge. Arrogant. Gohan and Videl obsessed. BE JEALOUS![/b][/color]
---
[url=http://bit.ly/F3l7t]DA[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/2FC03o]FFNet[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pE5Xs]Youtube[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/lCOED]Facebook[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/rWFtp]Livejournal[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/zrd4v]Twitter[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pYRHD]Flickr[/url]|PSN: Saiyavenger

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:24 pm

Congrats guys, hope everything goes well!

I haven't been visiting the forum quite as frequently as I used to so I gotta ask, when was this whole audio email thing put together? Was it made public or was it a thing that just a few people asked each other about?

I'm pretty bummed that I didn't get to be a part of it :cry:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:10 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:Congrats guys, hope everything goes well!

I haven't been visiting the forum quite as frequently as I used to so I gotta ask, when was this whole audio email thing put together? Was it made public or was it a thing that just a few people asked each other about?

PMs were sent out.
­

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:33 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:I haven't been visiting the forum quite as frequently as I used to so I gotta ask, when was this whole audio email thing put together? Was it made public or was it a thing that just a few people asked each other about?

Ya, I got my PM on Sunday the twelfth, and I've got to say, thank you guys very much, once again, for inviting me to be a part of this!

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:38 pm

Well thanks for not sending me a PM to be a part of it! :x

Guess I'm the guy that everyone makes fun of when I'm not here... :lol:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:03 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:Well thanks for not sending me a PM to be a part of it! :x

It's ok, I didn't get one either.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:05 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:Well thanks for not sending me a PM to be a part of it! :x

I didn't either... and I thought that unlike real life I was actually cool here :(
j/k dudes.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:04 am

I wish you all the best, Mike and Meri, you're great people, and deserve only the best. May you have a happy life together.
Also, 500th post, I'm finally a regular, after 2 years!

fogdark
Beyond Newbie

Post by fogdark » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:19 pm

I just heard this special podcast, and I loved the Romantic Ageru Yo at the end of it, that was awesome.
I actually can't remember exactly how I found DaizenshuuEX, think I was looking for videos on You Tube (the DBZ 2 and 3 games openings) and I found the ones Daizex had on it.
I loved the site, for the great amount of information it has, so every time I had the chance I would visit and look through it.
I was aware of the podcast, but never felt like listening, that is until I found out about the Manga review of Awesomeness, I listened the first time, and I was instantly hooked. Since then I've started to listen to past podcasts episodes, specially the manga review ones. You guys always make my day...or rather my night since I listen to them on my bed before I go to sleep. :D
I started with Dragon Ball in my country, Venezuela, around 1996, where I watched it from beginning to end. Then moved to the USA, where I got to watch Funimation's dub...which made me decide to check the Japanese dub... :lol:
And I now live in Spain, and when I moved here, I must say I had been starting to forget a bit about the series. Thankfully i found you guys and my fandom was born anew, so thank you.
Congratulations on the weeding, I'm really happy for you Mike and Meri, even though I have been listening to the podcast for barely a year, I had a smile on my face when you announced the wedding...pretty strange... :lol:
Keep up the good work, and enjoy this new "saga" of your life 8)

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:46 am

Congrats on your marriage! It's always nice to see other "otacouples" succeed ^_^ Hope you have a great life together (though since you've already been dating so long and living together, married life isn't really going to be all that different :) )

Since other people have been talking about how they came to know Daizenshuu EX, I guess I'll throw in my story, too. I think I probably discovered Temple o' Trunks first around the year 2000, and since I was a young fangirl who got a kick out of the addition of silliness to the fandom, Meri's site was right up my alley. I don't remember if I reached Daizenshuu EX through her site or through the other big sites at the time (Planet Namek, DBZ Uncensored, Ginga Giri Giri). I remember reading Vegetto EX's rantings back in the day ^_^ I knew that the site went away for awhile, and when it came back in 2003, I was excited for its return, since a lot of the other Dragonball sites were not updating or just didn't exist anymore. Then when the forums opened, I just had to join and discuss my favorite series with others.

Daizenshuu EX also served to help revive my DB fandom at a time when it was slumping. There was a stretch of over one year during 2005~2006 when I hadn't been coming to the forums at all (looking back at the post dates, it happened right around when I got married....don't let it happen to you, too! :lol: ) I was still watching Dragonball occasionally (still buying the Ultimate Uncut Editions), but I guess just didn't feel the burning desire to go discuss it online. Then, once the news came out about the new season sets, I felt the need to return to the fandom to see what everyone thought about what was going on (boy, what a shitstorm that was!) I saw a lot of talk about the podcast, and though I had noticed it on the site before (it had already been going for about a year at that point), I had dismissed it as some iPod thing that I couldn't access because I didn't have an iPod. Once I realized I could listen to it on the computer, I decided to give it a shot. It didn't really interest me at first, but I gave it a couple of tries, and I soon found myself grinning through episodes full of fun, geeky discussions about my favorite series. I sometimes listened to several podcasts per day to catch up, and hearing Mike, Meri, Julian, and everyone else talking about the series with so much passion and humor reminded me of why I fell in love with it in the first place. So I've gotta say thanks for helping keep me interested in a children's series that's almost as old as I am!
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube