Daizenshuu EX "Secret Wedding" Podcast

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:22 am

MAAAAANLLLYYYY TEEEAAAAARRRRSSSSS

I love this community.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:50 am

I got the pm for this a week ago, but I was so busy with work and preparing for flying out to the wedding that I couldn't get my reply in on time. My apologies.

The wedding was incredible awesomeness and huge congrats to Mike and Meri! :)

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:00 pm

VegettoEX wrote:P.S. - "Romantikku Ageru Yo" as sung in Norio Wakamoto impression wins at the internet.
D'aww, glad you liked it.

Congrats on now being wed, ミスターMike, ミセスMeri.
Herms wrote:You know, I thought the Julian techno-remix from a few episodes back was the weirdest and greatest thing in the history of the podcast, but I think your Wakamoto impression takes the cake. And I don't see it being dethroned anytime soon.
Hah, thanks for the kind words :3

Sometimes when I'm doing my Wakamoto impersonation because I unconsciously slip into my Koyasu impersonation for some odd reason. (I didn't really do it there. Nonetheless, it's a weird habit, but, what can you do.)

GJ on the podcast, you three, if I hadn't said this before. And, once again, congratulations and many happy years ahead to you, Mike and Meri.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:10 pm

Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:Sometimes when I'm doing my Wakamoto impersonation because I unconsciously slip into my Koyasu impersonation for some odd reason. (I didn't really do it there. Nonetheless, it's a weird habit, but, what can you do.)
Yes, because having a Norio Wakamoto impression in the first place is perfectly normal, but slipping from that into a Takehito Koyasu impression, that's weird.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:27 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:30 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:I REALLY wished I could’ve sent an audio recording, thus sparing poor Herms from a severe case of dry mouth from having to read aloud my longer than Serpentine Road run-on sentences, while at the same time torturing you all with how incredibly annoying my voice actually is IRL. :wink: :twisted:
Heh, Herms actually had to take a break half way through.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:40 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Heh, Herms actually had to take a break half way through.
Needless to say, that's why we volunteered him to read it. You might be able to hear it, but I was trying not to laugh in the background as Herms was struggling to read the whole thing (no offense Kunzait_83).
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brakus » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:13 pm

Awww man, I totally forgot about this! I got the PM but I forgot to do a little voice message about this until just now!

I did send them this about the wedding and such:

Mike and Meri,

I know we've seen each other in passing over the past few years, and I've seemed to always keep my distance. We may never talk other than the occasional e-mail or forum post, and we may have very few things in common. Nonetheless, I am proud to have you as friends and wiser to have you as (AMV/DBZ) mentors over the years. You've touched many lives with your videos and insight. You've converted many people over to the wonderful world of Dragon Ball thanks to your website and podcast -- including some of the hardest former DBZ haters such as myself. And you've demonstrated that two people who once didn't like each other can become two of the best people for each other on this planet.

Congratulations on the successful wedding and after-party... the reviews coming in from LiveJournal have been stellar, and I kinda-sorta wish I could have been there. (or at least send a housewarming present...) As long as my friends are happy, then I'm happy. Have fun, enjoy, and let's all hope you spend your lives with each other for a long time.

Now to hear the finished product....
- J

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. That is the secret of life."
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:29 pm

I...didn't say anything. Partly because I don't personally know the guy and gal in question(and it would have felt awkward for me), and partly because I've had midterms to study for--damn college.

And now, I'm gonna just toss that out, at least in text form. I'm so fickle. :wink:

But, I suppose, I'd like to say that I really have a lot to thank you for, Mike. Can I call you Mike? I'm gonna call you Mike. Anyway, you always do say that you have so much to thank us for, and that you've done so close to nothing. But, because I'm an ass, I'm going argue against that...

Great people don't gather around crap. Every single one of us was drawn to the site for one reason or another, very likely something you did. It's also the reason we stay.

For me, the past nearly three years' worth of podcasts have done a lot of things for me. First of all, while I felt repelled by anime fandom as a whole, I still turned into a squealing Dragon Ball fanboy for an hour once a week. It's my "Dragon Ball Hour", and...honestly, it's what has kept me a fan of this series for so long. Without Daizenshuu EX, without you in particular, I could have more or less moved on.

The love of "Anything and Everything Dragon Ball", how you've enlightened and entertained us over the years, is something special me. Hell, you're an awesome giant nerd, and I'm happy for you, despite not really knowing you as a real life personage.

Because, frankly...

...without what you've done, I would not enjoy Japanese Animation today. That's a simple fact of the matter, and I can't thank you enough for that.

I'm very happy for you.

Thanks, stranger. :wink:

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:25 pm

Woah, this is awesome. *downloads*

Congrats again to Mike and Meri!

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:50 pm

Great job desirecampbell, Hujio and Herms ! This really turned out great. I sound pretty retarded in my clip (or maybe it's just me) but thank you all very, very much for including me and everyone else in this awesome project!

Congratulations Mike and Meri! I hope you have a great honeymoon.

Omedetougozaimasu!!

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:51 pm

Ahh, how I found Daizenshuu EX.

Well, back when I was being retarded at the age of 12... I was looking for Full Episodes, and stumbled here. I ignored it... However, I was impressed from all the information accurate. It wasn't until late 2007 actually that I checked the site regularly and looked at the Podcast; I got hooked.

Also, I stopped looking for episodes of shows on the internet once I was 14.

And now I come to Daizenshuu EX and the forum religiously since then.

You guys re-sparked my love for Dragon Ball a lot. I never stopped liking Dragon Ball; but, I'm more interested than I used to. Thanks to you guys at Daizenshuu EX.

Also, I'm probably the 500th or so person to say this but... congratulations on getting married Mike and Meri!

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:49 pm

I found this site just because it kept coming up in google searches, and some people had recommended it, I don't know who they are by the way.
My first reaction to the site was "No funny photoshops or parody comics?!" LAME! But I was a baby to the internet and that was understandable.
Now it's the most heavily visited forum for me.

Once I started buying American DVDs, right about the time Gollancz released Dragon Ball in England, my DB fandom restarted, and I was used to watching anime in Japanese by then.

This is a wonderful place for a Dragon Ball fan too, there are no 12 year old boys coming over Broly or emo girls drawing Goth versions of the characters kissing each other, this is just the fandom as it should be!

Mike and Meri, have a wonderful future!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:50 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:I sound pretty retarded in my clip (or maybe it's just me)
I think that's just what everyone thinks when they hear a recording of themselves. I think you sounded fine.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:56 pm

Congradulations!

Now Meri's title has to be changed!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:01 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Now Meri's title has to be changed!
Holy crap, you're right! Changed! :D
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:17 pm

Hah! This this funny!
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:29 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
For amusement, I think that she should be Mr. Sex. What episode was that again?

Anyways, congrats you two! Also, when you two are in Italy, be sure to eat the gelato, it's fantastic.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:41 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Yay, do I get brownie points?

8)

plusloud

Post by plusloud » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:01 am

Congratulations en masse.
Umm... just call me Remy, already. :p