Episode #0163 (08 February 2009)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:55 am

MajinKing wrote:Is there anyway to watch the podcast without downloading it?
Well, first off, there's not anything to "watch"; it's an audio-only show.

Additionally, in the time you've waited for a response, you could have just downloaded the show :). Even when you're streaming something you are "downloading" it, so you may as well just do so. Also, the power of podcasting is that you can subscribe to the feeds and automatically receive the episodes as soon as they are released.

For me, I wake up in the morning to hours of new content for the day!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MajinKing
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MajinKing » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:58 pm

subscribed!
90% of dragonball fans detest dragonballgt. If you are one of the 10% who like GT, post this in your signature.

Read my DBGT Remake fanfic! http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=9747
Read my DBAF fanfic, it has terrible writing the first few chapters but I improve in later ones, http://anime.myfavoritegames.com/creative-corner/fanworks-library/101320-dragonballaf.html

yamicell2501

Post by yamicell2501 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:23 pm

Woo hoo! Thank God the good ol' US of A and Japan have the same blu-ray region...if it gets a blu-ray release (what isn't now these days).

I was just thinking about what Julian was saying about the possibility of Toei releasing this with English subs like the OVA, and I just remembered that Konami is sort of pulling the same thing with the Yu-Gi-Oh card game, in that they were trying to take over distribution internationally from Upperdeck despite their contract.

Actually, I wonder how much Toei would get if they simply sold directly to the international community, since it's become a LOT easier. I'm not sure if Japan is feeling the economic strain we are, but it kind of makes me think if they're looking to expand their direct costumers...

But...I don't know a thing about licensing or how much Toei gets for that, so that's just pure speculation.

I can say that if it's a blu-ray English sub release, Funimation might get a liiiiiittle worried.

What's next? Manga with English translation from Japan? (Nah!)
Allow me to show you the terror of perfection. - Perfect Cell (DBZ: Sparking Meteor)

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:43 pm

yamicell2501 wrote:I was just thinking about what Julian was saying about the possibility of Toei releasing this with English subs like the OVA, and I just remembered that Konami is sort of pulling the same thing with the Yu-Gi-Oh card game, in that they were trying to take over distribution internationally from Upperdeck despite their contract.
I didn't know Julian and I sounded so much alike... I feel so honored.
yamicell2501 wrote:Actually, I wonder how much Toei would get if they simply sold directly to the international community, since it's become a LOT easier. I'm not sure if Japan is feeling the economic strain we are, but it kind of makes me think if they're looking to expand their direct costumers...
Well, Toei can sell the rights to the show to any specific company in a given country (i.e. FUNimation in the US). However, online distribution is completely different. They could still post the episodes online with English subtitles and sell the rights to distribute the show in the US to FUNimation. They'd actually be making more money by splitting it up, so it'll be interesting to see how they handle this.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

yamicell2501

Post by yamicell2501 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:10 pm

Hujio wrote:I didn't know Julian and I sounded so much alike... I feel so honored.
Woops! Do'h! Sorry about that. I was doing some homework at the time. You, Herms, and Julian had the "phone" toned voices, so I must have mixed you up during that whole discussion.

Anyway, thanks for that clear up about licensing, Hujio. I always learn something new when I come to these boards. lol
Allow me to show you the terror of perfection. - Perfect Cell (DBZ: Sparking Meteor)

ImmortalSandwich
Beyond Newbie

Post by ImmortalSandwich » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:46 am

It's definitely great to hear everyone from Daizenshuu EX and Kanzentai on the same podcast together. You guys should totally do that more often =D

Mike, you gave me your word that you're doing the podcast in French, so you better do it! (This is PyroWolf174 btw)

You know, I don't even speak French, I just figured it would be entertaining to hear you all do the podcast in a language you're not fluent in. That is, assuming you guys aren't fluent in French. If you are though, I'm going to have to change my request to some other obscure language that none of you know any of =P