Episode #0163 (08 February 2009)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0163 (08 February 2009)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:12 pm

Episode #0163 (download MP3) (rss feed)
47:26; 64 kbps, mono; 21.7 MB

Episode #0163! VegettoEX, Meri, and Julian bring on Hujio and Herms from Kanzentai yet again to discuss perhaps the biggest news of the last decade: DBZ is being "refreshed" for a new HD and re-voiced presentation to air on Japanese television. An overview of the confirmed facts and current rumors brings you up to speed. We even get a call-in from our buddy Bryce up at New York Comic-Con to give us an update on the "Dragon Ball Evolution" PSP game. DBZ ABCs, February's releases, and your e-mails round out the show. Referenced sites:
Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the rather sweet *one-hundred-sixty-three* episodes, now.

We had a topic we were thinking about doing for this week, but that got temporarily thrown to the side in lieu of talking about MUCH more interesting and substantial events!

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:44 pm

Quite the cast you put together there. Can't wait to listen to this one, and here all of your guys' thoughts. Keep it up!

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:39 pm

Yay Julian!

Yay Hujio!

Yay Herms!

Yay...Mike and Meri!

Downloading now. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this monumental announcement.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:53 pm

That's some good stuff going on in Japan.
So, my question, is there anyway to actual catch the re airings of DBZ online? I know Naruto is being streamed as it is being aired, so is it possible DBZ will be too? Anyway, this really exciting to fandom.

Hey, daizex crew: I really miss some of your older topics from older podcasts. Like the character arc from episode 40, or episode 70 with today's fans view on the show. It seems like you guys have just been doing cd, video games releases, and manga reviews. There is nothing wrong with those topics, but it is getting a bit dry for me. I would just like to see some of those older discussions come back. Even another inconsistency video or topic would be awesome!
I'm not trying to be butt head, but that's just how. I hope it's useful criticism.
~ Forgotten Hero
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:57 pm

Yay, this was my first time listening to the podcast.

Like I said in the IRC channel, it's nice to hear fans getting all excited about the news of the re-release. I'm getting tired of seeing so many fans be pessimistic or acting like what they're planning to do isn't good enough. It's Dragon Ball Z, on the air, maybe every week. How is that not exciting!?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:04 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:Like the character arc from episode 40, or episode 70 with today's fans view on the show.
The topic that was thrown away for this week to do this one was a Yamcha character analysis :P.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:08 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Forgotten Hero wrote:Like the character arc from episode 40, or episode 70 with today's fans view on the show.
The topic that was thrown away for this week to do this one was a Yamcha character analysis :P.
Holy crap! Just fell off my chair here! I've been waiting for the character arc to return to the podcast.
I can't wait for next week.

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:15 pm

Great episode, guys! kanzentai & Daizenshuu EX galore!

Well, I am rather excited that DBZ is getting "Refreshed", so to speak, but I can't help but wonder if FUNimation will ever get around to getting this into thier hands (or the Special, for that matter). I do hope they do at some point, since I would love to see the Refreshed DBZ dubbed (Not just 'cause I love their voices, but also because... it would help to actually understand what they're are saying). I can't wait for it to premiere in Japan though!

Also, Mike, you damn well better still be doing this podcast 10 years from now or else we will- I mean, uh, good luck getting to episode 678! (French Manga Review Of Awesomeness!) Let's just hope you won't forget this like you did your *other* promise. *cough*Watch All Of GT*cough*

All in all though, great episode!

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:26 pm

So...by episode 678, how many Julians are we gonna have? I'm hoping for five or six.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:35 pm

A couple corrections...

First, I said that "DragonBall Z" originally aired at 7:30pm on Wednesdays, but that was a slip of the tongue. It actually aired at 7:00pm, and I'm not really sure why I said 7:30.

Second... Julian said that "One Piece" currently airs at 9:30am on Saturdays. Well, I did a little research, and... "One Piece" currently airs at 9:30am on Sundays. Which means "DragonBall Z" will be airing in the time slot right before "One Piece!" AWESOME!

I think that's it. Mike, I demand we come back on in April when it airs? *please*
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:43 pm

Hujio wrote:Which means "DragonBall Z" will be airing in the time slot right before "One Piece!" AWESOME!
Amazingly astoundingly awesome~! X3
That is an hour of high quality television. :mrgreen:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:48 pm

Chuquita wrote:Amazingly astoundingly awesome~! X3
Well, that's what I meant when I said "AWESOME!" You just said it a lot better. I am so effing stoked for all of this! EFFING STOKED!! :!:
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:49 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Hujio wrote:Which means "DragonBall Z" will be airing in the time slot right before "One Piece!" AWESOME!
Well more like 45 minutes.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:55 pm

JAPPO wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
Well more like 45 minutes.
More like 48-50 minutes.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Oldphan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Oldphan » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:57 pm

Great episode everyone! :D

All the best,
Oldphan
http://www.youtube.com/DragonballToys
http://www.youtube.com/Foreverwolffilms
www.Oldphan.com
*Ex-Senior Editor of http://www.dragonballtoys.com

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:17 pm

I can't wait until this refreshed Dragon Ball Z starts airing. I'll be watching this and the new Full Metal Alchemist come April.

Great episode by the way. :)

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:11 pm

You guys brought up that the series will be airing weekly, which I never even considered. As obvious of a fact as that should be, I find it incredibly fascinating that there'll be some kind of "new" Dragon Ball to watch for fans on a weekly basis. I mean sure, I've been following the occasional show on NBC, but I haven't had that many things to follow for a while now. This'll be quite the treat :D.

As for what Toei will do by completely shafting FUNi out of the picture and just putting up a sub online like they've been doing with Naruto (which I still can't believe)... that would be great.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

MajinKing
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MajinKing » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:16 pm

Is there anyway to watch the podcast without downloading it?
90% of dragonball fans detest dragonballgt. If you are one of the 10% who like GT, post this in your signature.

Read my DBGT Remake fanfic! http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=9747
Read my DBAF fanfic, it has terrible writing the first few chapters but I improve in later ones, http://anime.myfavoritegames.com/creative-corner/fanworks-library/101320-dragonballaf.html

snaku
Regular

Post by snaku » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:19 am

Great show! I think we all had similar experiences on Friday. I was so elated that I didn't get anything meaningful done all day either. Now April is no longer a time to dread. Renewed DBZ completely overshadows DBE now.

samuraigundam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by samuraigundam » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:17 am

Hi,new here.

While I like the idea of a"refreshed"DBZ,the fact that the show might be recolored using digital ink(like most modern Anime)is a little off-putting.I prefer an actual person coloring the cells by hand.Digital coloring always looks a little odd to me,for some reason.
Together!
Allegiance or Death!!
BIG FIRE!!!
-The Magnificent Ten,Giant Robo