Re-animated Scene Archive: 19-26 Added! (Image Heavy)

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Re-animated Scene Archive: 19-26 Added! (Image Heavy)

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:18 pm

They've also expanded shots into true widescreen because they wouldn't look good cropped, and they've also redrawn scenes which still have some slight damage on them.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:42 pm

I don't understand why they didn't just re-animate the whole series...oi.
Trans rights, now!

MetalMadness
Beyond Newbie

Post by MetalMadness » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:50 pm

SonEric84 wrote:I don't understand why they didn't just re-animate the whole series...oi.
Thank god they didn't; 95% of the re-animated scenes look worse than the original.

Now if they were to re-animate it like the opening and closing, that's a completely different story... in an ideal world. :(

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Savage68 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:52 am

SonEric84 wrote:I don't understand why they didn't just re-animate the whole series...oi.
Because that would be much too costly, thus ruining the purpose of DBK for Toei.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:51 pm

MetalMadness wrote:
Thank god they didn't; 95% of the re-animated scenes look worse than the original.

Now if they were to re-animate it like the opening and closing, that's a completely different story... in an ideal world. :(
Well, what I meant was in the style of the opening and closing sequences.

Savage68 wrote:
Because that would be much too costly, thus ruining the purpose of DBK for Toei.
Ehh, I doubt Toei is in any danger of going bankrupt. :P I'm sure they'd recoup their expenses if they went through with it.
Trans rights, now!