DragonBall Z Kai TV Network Version (CW4Kids\Toonzai\Vortex)

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gonstead
I Live Here

Re: DragonBall Z Kai - TV Network Version (CW4Kids\Toonzai)

Post by Gonstead » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:07 pm

No new episodes for Toonzai I'm guessing?
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:16 pm

Gonstead wrote:No new episodes for Toonzai I'm guessing?
Hopefully they'll get it soon, maybe a new promo very soon since next week they'll be on episodes 41-42 for the 1,000th time?
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:07 pm

Actually caught the episodes today. :lol:

LOL noticed that instead of Halo's, Tenshinhan, Yamucha and Chaotzu have little shiny balls of light instead :lol: wow american kids are so mentally fragile....o no halos=religion and god, can't go there. And of course zero blood when Vegeta is shot through the freakin' heart.

I still think it's wonderful that DBZ is on basic television in America. Spurs the growth of new DBZ fans who might one day stumble onto this site, and learn how truly great DBZ really is, unlike that watered down version they saw.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:14 pm

dprez wrote:wow american kids are so mentally fragile....o no halos=religion and god, can't go there. And of course zero blood when Vegeta is shot through the freakin' heart.
Do the kids really complain about that stuff, or it's actually the parents who moan and demand to have a blue Mr. Popo, Retarded Gohan Eye, Shiny Balls than halos and etc.

4Kids' use "curse" than "darn"?

There's one thing I like about 4Kids' change, they renamed "Spirit Bomb" to "Spirit Blast", never been a fan of the name "Spirit Bomb".
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Whenever I hear "Spirit Blast" I always imagine them saying "Spirit Bleh"
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:58 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
dprez wrote:wow american kids are so mentally fragile....o no halos=religion and god, can't go there. And of course zero blood when Vegeta is shot through the freakin' heart.
Do the kids really complain about that stuff, or it's actually the parents who moan and demand to have a blue Mr. Popo, Retarded Gohan Eye, Shiny Balls than halos and etc.

4Kids' use "curse" than "darn"?

There's one thing I like about 4Kids' change, they renamed "Spirit Bomb" to "Spirit Blast", never been a fan of the name "Spirit Bomb".
Definitely the animation companies who edit this stuff are worried about the back-lash from parents, so I doubt anyone even gets a chance to complain about anything anymore, or at least anything that merits a complaint. It's all been done and taken off the air before, they know how to make it "american children friendly".

And yea, Spirit Blast does sound a little better than Spirit Bomb.

I sometimes try to get up Saturday mornings to watch the old school Yu-Gi-OH, and a few months back I would avoid watching DBZKai because I wanted those images to stay fresh in my mind for when I watched my Dragon Boxes. Now that I've watched all my DBoxes, I'll watch DBZKai simply out of curiosity.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:43 pm

With TheCW most of the editing choices have been made by the network execs rather than 4Kids. They're the ones who demanded a blue Popo.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:18 pm

bkev wrote:With TheCW most of the editing choices have been made by the network execs rather than 4Kids. They're the ones who demanded a blue Popo.
Wow. Didn't know about that. Looking forward to seeing blue Popo :lol:

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:36 pm

dprez wrote:
bkev wrote:With TheCW most of the editing choices have been made by the network execs rather than 4Kids. They're the ones who demanded a blue Popo.
Prepare to be terrified!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GFx0hLZcCE

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:58 pm

Gonstead wrote:
dprez wrote:
Prepare to be terrified!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GFx0hLZcCE
O dear lord. That look's terrible, so obviously altered...:lol: funny though

The Iron Fjord
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Iron Fjord » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:47 am

I don't know what you're smoking. Blue Popo is sexy!
The Iron Fjord will kick you in the nuts!

Corporate_Nothing
Beyond Newbie

Post by Corporate_Nothing » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:30 am

dprez wrote:
This. Many of the changes are not editorial (as in, oh, we should edit this so we won't offend parents), but a matter of keeping in line with rigorgous FCC television network broadcast standards. Nicktoons is a digital cable only channel, so they are in no way legally obligated to keep objectionable/adult content off of their airwaves. They just do it to keep in line with their own content standards that they feel are appropriate for their TV rating, target demographic, advertiser expectations, etc.
It's been done countless times before, but...
ImmaDMCA

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:21 pm

Corporate_Nothing wrote:
dprez wrote:
This. Many of the changes are not editorial (as in, oh, we should edit this so we won't offend parents), but a matter of keeping in line with rigorgous FCC television network broadcast standards. Nicktoons is a digital cable only channel, so they are in no way legally obligated to keep objectionable/adult content off of their airwaves. They just do it to keep in line with their own content standards that they feel are appropriate for their TV rating, target demographic, advertiser expectations, etc.
What I find to be funny about that situation is that, when the details of the Nicktoons-censored version first emerged, a lot of people were saying that it was going to look like "Saban-era edits." Then the CW-censored version came out, and all of a sudden people did a 180 and started saying, "Well, yeah, it's unfortunate that Nicktoons edits Kai, but I think they do it pretty tastefully."
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Thats called perspective. The Internet is notorious for not having any.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:01 pm

I can't believe it's taking so long to get new episodes on CW! You would figure they have the whole license or music thing worked out by now.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:07 pm

funrush wrote:I can't believe it's taking so long to get new episodes on CW! You would figure they have the whole license or music thing worked out by now.
I assume 4Kids is still making the cuts on Kai episodes.

Freeza x Future Trunks - no sliced or in half Freeza will be seen, I suppose.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:08 pm

I don't know if this has any relevance, but I'll share this anyway.
I wanted to watch some Kai on Nicktoons.com, but they only had the newest episodes. I figured I'd check Toonzai, and, their site doesn't have any. I don't know what this means if it even does mean anything, but it might be important anyway. Maybe they erase the older episodes, and since they haven't been getting any new ones, this leads to them not having any. I dunno.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:31 am

hmm shame if they don't. I don't have Nicktoons, only basic cable, so Toonzai is kind of the only way for me to catch Kai simply out of curiosity. I'm looking forward to seeing how they cut out Freeza being cut into chunks. They'll probably trim it down to where you see Trunks appear above Freeza, that quick slashing sound and zip straight to him blowing Freeza away with a ki attack.

Samwize78
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Samwize78 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:30 pm

I have a feeling that after this run of re-runs hits the end of Season 2, then we'll see something. If not, then I wouldn't hold my breath for more soon..

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:35 pm

The CW is looping back to Episode 1 again next week. At this rate I wonder if we will ever see new episodes.