DragonBall Z Kai TV Network Version (CW4Kids\Toonzai\Vortex)

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DefectiveV

Re: DragonBall Z Kai TV Network Version (CW4Kids\Toonzai\Vor

Post by DefectiveV » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:07 am

[quote="Cure Dragon 255"]"Sigh"

Where I really stopped reading. Solid theory, but regurgitation doesn't get one anywhere.

Shnuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shnuki » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:23 am

DefectiveV wrote:My personal theory, is that the fcc is made up primarily of religious promoting individuals, who remark "Death" in direct correlation with Christianity, where it is the "summation and end all of existence". This all goes back to my extreme liberalism, but perhaps Children are shielded from death so that they may make use of their time on Earth, under God, of course, and never keep it as a concept itself.

Christians believe that after they die, they'll live a second, eternal life in Heaven (or Hell, depending on how good a person was), so the "summation and end all of existence" doesn't seem right to me here.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:24 pm

DefectiveV wrote:
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:"Sigh"

Where I really stopped reading. Solid theory, but regurgitation doesn't get one anywhere.
Who knew that showing FACTS from people on the KidVid Business and not making up stuff about christians or whatever was "Regurgitating". Sorry about the "Sigh" though.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

DefectiveV

Post by DefectiveV » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:35 pm

Its cool. Was having a bad day. Solid facts though.
BACK ON TOPIC, did anyone catch Episode 98 on Vortexx today?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:02 pm

Oh I see. I must apologize too then! I'm sorry, didnt mean to be mean.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

DefectiveV

Post by DefectiveV » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:58 am

No harm done. Its in the past.
Didn't watch it (98), but my brother tells me the entire segment of the old man trying to avenge his son was removed. It cut from 18 angrily shooting energy blasts at background, to Trunks on ground ready to strike.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:55 am

Look at this ratings data!

114M HOMES
VORTEXX reaches all broadcast TV homes in America every Saturday morning
+15% AT RETAIL
Approximately 15% of retail sales are from broadcast-only homes
HIGHEST PUT
Highest Kid PUT (persons using television) levels of the week
http://www.sabanbrands.com/2013/10/04/v ... ng-lineup/
Its AWESOME

DefectiveV

Post by DefectiveV » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Look at this ratings data!

114M HOMES
VORTEXX reaches all broadcast TV homes in America every Saturday morning
+15% AT RETAIL
Approximately 15% of retail sales are from broadcast-only homes
HIGHEST PUT
Highest Kid PUT (persons using television) levels of the week
http://www.sabanbrands.com/2013/10/04/v ... ng-lineup/
Its AWESOME

Considering they're the only Public broadcaster of Children's programming on Saturday mornings left, and a great line up, this is great news. Not bad considering many declared Saturday Mornings "Dead".

Fennekin
Not Banned

Post by Fennekin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:50 pm

Z Kai will be starting with Episode 53, "Goku's Final Attack! Countdown to Planet Namek's Destruction!", and not from the beginning like everyone claimed.

Blu-ray_Mistress
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Blu-ray_Mistress » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:58 pm

I watched Episode 53"Goku's Final Attack! Countdown to Planet Namek's Destruction!" this morning and thought it was good but the only matter that I didn't understand, was why they insist replacing the halos for floating glowing orbs above the dead characters heads. It just looks weird.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:57 am

Man Vortexx's lineup with Digimon and DBZKai's Buu Saga is going to be AWESOME!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:33 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Man Vortexx's lineup with Digimon and DBZKai's Buu Saga is going to be AWESOME!

We don't even know when the Boo arc is gonna air. Digimon might not even be airing when DBZK comes back. Hell, Vortexx might not even be around. We have no idea how much longer it'll be until this thing airs. It's been known that this thing exists in some capacity for a few years now, think of all the things that have changed in that time.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:32 pm

Okay, that's true.

But if it DOES air there and with Digimon, you owe me a coke! :mrgreen:

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:53 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Okay, that's true.

But if it DOES air there and with Digimon, you owe me a coke! :mrgreen:
OK, but if it airs and Votexx isn't around, you owe me TWO cokes! :lol:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:27 pm

Right On Pal!

A bet it is!

Arian
Banned

Post by Arian » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:20 pm

I'm just hoping that once the final episode airs (97 or 98), they can go back to the Saiyan Saga so I can get the opportunity to tape those too.
Was the hate for Kai largely unjustified?
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:It's an edited, cynically produced, cheap recut with a poorly utilized ancient score and awful scene recreations that later got traded in for a weird green tint.

The story of Kai's production is far more interesting than the actual product.
Danfun64 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 pm Screw Corus and it's monopoly. It should sell off the Nick, Disney, and CN assets at minimum.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:50 am

I'm sorry, guys, I can't find the old dub discussion thread to look for it. Can anyone give me the page where everyone started reacting to Chris Ayres' Frieza for the first time? I'd like to wind back the clock a bit.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:35 am

TheAldella wrote:I'm sorry, guys, I can't find the old dub discussion thread to look for it. Can anyone give me the page where everyone started reacting to Chris Ayres' Freeza for the first time? I'd like to wind back the clock a bit.
I think it was in the cable version thread since that's when we first saw most of the episodes. It's a big thread so... good luck with that. :D
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 16&t=13408

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:29 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
TheAldella wrote:I'm sorry, guys, I can't find the old dub discussion thread to look for it. Can anyone give me the page where everyone started reacting to Chris Ayres' Freeza for the first time? I'd like to wind back the clock a bit.
I think it was in the cable version thread since that's when we first saw most of the episodes. It's a big thread so... good luck with that. :D
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 16&t=13408
No, it's not there either. I went to the airdate n everything. It's all just discussing your stuff.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.