DragonBall Z Kai TV Network Version (CW4Kids\Toonzai\Vortex)

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kei17
I Live Here

Re: DragonBall Z Kai TV Network Version (CW4Kids\Toonzai\Vor

Post by kei17 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:37 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:That one is fake, the real one is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8zfYH46K7w

20 seconds in.
I noticed that Chaozu still had the glowing orb at 0:30.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:27 pm

20 seconds in.
The announcer was hilarious. My favourite Kai commercials. :lol:
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:30 pm

I'm glad you guys like the promos! :mrgreen:
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:02 pm

20 seconds in.
Sweet Dende, those jokes are AWFUL. :o
funrush wrote:Why are people calling it racist?
It refers to a stereotype that all black people like grape juice.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:43 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:

20 seconds in.
Sweet Dende, those jokes are AWFUL. :o
funrush wrote:Why are people calling it racist?
It refers to a stereotype that all black people like grape juice.
Ah, I see, maybe it's accidental racism, and they were just pointing out that Namekian's all have purple tongues.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:52 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:It refers to a stereotype that all black people like grape juice.
This is probably something to do in US, but still, how is it racist?

Personally, I like grapes, but grape juice that I've tried before didn't like the taste, so I'd take water over grape juice.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:08 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:It refers to a stereotype that all black people like grape juice.
This is probably something to do in US, but still, how is it racist?

Personally, I like grapes, but grape juice that I've tried before didn't like the taste, so I'd take water over grape juice.

It's a popular thing in Dragon Ball community for Namekians being the black people of DBZ.
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:03 pm

Ratings Time!
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/0 ... Numbers%29

The series premiere of WWE Saturday Morning Slam on August 25 (CW, 10-10:30am) was Saturday morning’s (7am-12pm) most watched program on CW among total viewers and the following kids demos: Kids under 18, Kids 2-5, Kids 2-11, Kids 6-11, Kids 9-14, Boys under 18, Boys 2-5, Boys 2-11, Boys 6-11, Girls under 18, Girls 2-11, Girls 6-11, Girls 9-14 and Female Teens (F12-17).

It delivered a 0.7 U.S. household rating / 2 share in 747,000 TV households with 1,126,000 total viewers (persons 2+). This household rating is up +75% versus the prior four week time period performance which averaged a 0.4 U.S. household rating / 1 share in 456,000 TV households with 675,000 total viewers.

The top programs among total viewers during the Vortexx block were:

WWE Saturday Morning Slam@10am (1,126,000 viewers / 0.7 HH rating)
Justice League Unlimited @9:30am (1,003,000 viewers / 0.6 HH rating)
Dragon Ball Z Kai @10:30am (841,000 viewers / 0.5 HH rating)
Iron Man: Armored Adventures @9am (802,000 viewers / 0.6 HH rating)
Power Rangers Lost Galaxy @8am (662,000 viewers / 0.4 HH rating)
Yu-Gi-Oh! @11am (661,000 viewers / 0.4 HH rating)
Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal @8:30am (631,000 viewers / 0.4 HH rating)
Rescue Heroes @7:30am (519,000 viewers / 0.4 HH rating)
Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal @11:30am (494,000 viewers / 0.3 HH rating)
Cubix @7am (457,000 viewers / 0.3 HH rating)

WWE Saturday Morning Slam was CW’s most watched Saturday morning program since 3/10/12 (Dragon Ball Z Kai @10:30am / 1,140,000 viewers).
WWE Saturday Morning Slam was CW’s most watched Saturday morning program in the time period since 2/25/12 (Dragon Ball Z Kai / 1,196,000 viewers).
WWE Saturday Morning Slam was the most watched entertainment program on broadcast TV Saturday Morning among total viewers.
WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more viewers than the following 10-10:30am programs: The Green Lantern on Cartoon Network, Noodle and Doodle on NBC, Little Bear on Nick Jr., Doodlebops on CBS, Pair of Kings on Disney XD and Power Rangers on Nicktoons.
During the 10-10:30am time-period, WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more Boys under 18 (including the Boys 2-11 and Boys 6-11 demos) than every program on broadcast TV, Nick Jr., Disney XD and Nicktoons.
WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more Boys under 18 (including the Boys 6-11 demo) than every program on broadcast TV, Nick Jr., Nicktoons, and Disney XD.
WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more Kids 6-11 than every program on broadcast TV, Nick Jr. or Nicktoons.
WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more Kids under 18 than every program on broadcast TV or Nicktoons.

WWE Saturday Morning Slam is part of the television premiere of Vortexx on The CW, a Saturday morning kids’ television block. This marks the first time, since 2001, WWE has a program in a kids’ time slot and reinforces WWE’s commitment to kid-friendly entertainment.

WWE Saturday Morning Slam packs the riveting in-ring action, the larger-than-life WWE Superstars, and the WWE’s entertaining brand extensions into the fastest, most energy-filled half-hour on television. WWE Superstar profiles, behind-the-scenes footage and an exclusive WWE match every week will all combine to make WWE Saturday Morning Slam the perfect destination for the youngest viewers in the WWE Universe. The show will also include highlights from WWE’s Be a STAR anti-bullying campaign and other community initiatives.

MAAAAAAAAAAAN! Those ratings are awesome! Funimation sure was smart to give DBZKai to 4Kids/Saban!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

funrush

Post by funrush » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:41 pm

WWE beat the JLU? How can this be!? :lol:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm surprised a show as old as JLU scored a million total viewers.

funrush

Post by funrush » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:50 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I'm surprised a show as old as JLU scored a million total viewers.
I'm assuming the reason it and WWE got such high ratings was that they were first on the block. That, and JLU and other shows in the DCAU have a huge fanbase.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:48 pm

funrush wrote:
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I'm surprised a show as old as JLU scored a million total viewers.
I'm assuming the reason it and WWE got such high ratings was that they were first on the block. That, and JLU and other shows in the DCAU have a huge fanbase.
Cubix, Rescue Heroes, Iron-Man: Armored Adventures, Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal all aired before WWE and JLU ...
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

funrush

Post by funrush » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:56 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:
funrush wrote:
Cubix, Rescue Heroes, Iron-Man: Armored Adventures, Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal all aired before WWE and JLU ...
Oh, I didn't read the dates. Thought it was in order of airing. Maybe kids just wake up at around 9-10 AM nowadays, I dunno... :lol:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:15 pm

Kids just love superheroes I guess!

funrush

Post by funrush » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:30 pm

This is a little offtopic, but did they skip an ep of JLU? After checking wikipedia, Hawk and Dove is supposed to be 4, and I missed last weeks stuff because my family cancelled my recordings for that day.

gmster
Beyond Newbie

Post by gmster » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:35 pm

funrush wrote:This is a little offtopic, but did they skip an ep of JLU? After checking wikipedia, Hawk and Dove is supposed to be 4, and I missed last weeks stuff because my family cancelled my recordings for that day.
No, Wikipedia has it wrong. Hawk and Dove is the 3rd episode.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:04 pm

Look what our pal gmster found!
gmster wrote:Found a video showing some of the recent edits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjo8oyX-BOs

funrush

Post by funrush » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:13 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Look what our pal gmster found!
gmster wrote:Found a video showing some of the recent edits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjo8oyX-BOs
Oh, wow. Am I the only one who noticed some edit suspicious dialouge when Cold and Freeza landed? I think Cold talked about ending Trunks instead of killing or defeating.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Which is weird since they thought this was okay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LauSn...1&feature=plcp

If you cant see the video, its Trunks slicing and dicing Freeza's lackies,uncut,on the Vortexx.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:01 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Which is weird since they thought this was okay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LauSn...1&feature=plcp

If you cant see the video, its Trunks slicing and dicing Freeza's lackies,uncut,on the Vortexx.
Next thin we know, they'll censor Goku slapping his wife through the wall (while wearing something that resembles a wife-beater), and punching his son in the face but show Yamcha getting impaled by Dr. Gero. :|
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.