Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" Dub Turns 14; Still Unreleased

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Robo4900
I Live Here

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" dub seems to be coming...

Post by Robo4900 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:35 am

C. Smith wrote:You can thank Toei for restricting Kai only to broadcast.
I do wonder if that's something they'll be more flexible on now. Kai is old news to Funi, so it may not be worth them trying to negotiate it now, but now that Toei are streaming Super and being quite open to that, I do wonder if Crave will be successful in getting Kai streamed. :D
The guy from Wow on the show seemed very enthusiastic about that, despite the host of the podcast being pessimistic(And remember, it is only the host of the podcast who was talking negatively about the streaming chances), and of course, they were putting a big emphasis on the fact that Crave is a fairly casual streaming platform, so good dubs will be the bread and butter of the anime catalogue, so if all they want from Toei in terms of Kai is Ocean's dub, Toei may be open to doing a streaming deal of sorts.
C. Smith wrote:YTV already aired Ocean dub SEED so there's no need to air it again. This leaves only the Remastered series (which NYAV dubbed and thus not CanCon) as something viable, unless Wow wants to make their own dub of it via Ocean (it'll probably be up to Sunrise since they have the final say on where it gets dubbed). In the mean time, airing 00, Unicorn Re:0096 and IBO would make better sense. Hope the presence of the channel convinces Sunrise to give the next Gundam show to Ocean.
You say that as if airing years ago is all a TV show would ever need, and that this makes any potential future airings totally pointless.
Remember, this is a new channel, and potentially a huge push for the Crave streaming service coming online now, and the whole point of getting anime is getting a great catalogue of good stuff. So, getting Gundam SEED, particularly Ocean's dub, would be great, since it made an impact years ago, and would give kids and teens of now a chance to experience this stuff for themselves.

Anyway, this aside... The way they're talking about all this, and the way talk is generally going makes me hopeful that if this is all successful, Ocean may then be able to go on to dub TFC, Super, etc. :)
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:18 pm

C. Smith wrote:A podcast concerning the upcoming channel has come out today http://www.zannen.ca/2018/11/episode-49 ... bably.html
You probably should've mentioned that no one involved with the channel was on this podcast ...
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:37 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:
C. Smith wrote:A podcast concerning the upcoming channel has come out today http://www.zannen.ca/2018/11/episode-49 ... bably.html
You probably should've mentioned that no one involved with the channel was on this podcast ...
That's why I asked my question a few posts back. I do think people are getting ahead of themselves. Not to be this thread's resident party-pooper, I'm just saying that until I see an official announcement or a trailer, I'm still acting under the assumption that we won't see this dub.

That said, my cautious optimism has become a tad stronger. *fingers crossed*
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

SX10
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SX10 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:22 pm

Yeah I don't think there is anyone from Wow on this video sadly. But people are talking about it and things are looking up!
"Four eyes, ever had four black eyes?" -- Brian Drummond's Vegeta

https://youtu.be/5TW1njkk52Q -- Dragon Ball Sheep

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:45 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:
... What? I thought Karl was from Wow?

Dammit. :lol:

We should disregard all the information there, really. It'll all just be speculation and such.

C. Smith

Post by C. Smith » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:21 pm

Robo4900 wrote:I do wonder if that's something they'll be more flexible on now. Kai is old news to Funi, so it may not be worth them trying to negotiate it now, but now that Toei are streaming Super and being quite open to that, I do wonder if Crave will be successful in getting Kai streamed. :D
The guy from Wow on the show seemed very enthusiastic about that, despite the host of the podcast being pessimistic(And remember, it is only the host of the podcast who was talking negatively about the streaming chances), and of course, they were putting a big emphasis on the fact that Crave is a fairly casual streaming platform, so good dubs will be the bread and butter of the anime catalogue, so if all they want from Toei in terms of Kai is Ocean's dub, Toei may be open to doing a streaming deal of sorts.
Well, you know how Toei is. Toei's the very definition of Insane Troll Logic when it comes with having their anime properties licensed. The reason we probably won't be seeing Digimon anymore is because they bundle up all the series licenses in one package and not only that but with all the Pretty Cure series, thus forcing licensors to pay an arm and a leg, and they're most likely not going to do that.
Robo4900 wrote:You say that as if airing years ago is all a TV show would ever need, and that this makes any potential future airings totally pointless.
Remember, this is a new channel, and potentially a huge push for the Crave streaming service coming online now, and the whole point of getting anime is getting a great catalogue of good stuff. So, getting Gundam SEED, particularly Ocean's dub, would be great, since it made an impact years ago, and would give kids and teens of now a chance to experience this stuff for themselves.
Yeah they could air Ocean dub SEED again but the main issue is that they would have to negotiate with Sunrise to get the rights to air it in Canada and FWIH they're incredibly anal-retentive with Gundam ever since getting it back when Bandai Entertainment kicked the bucket, especially as they're demoting the old SEED series (the one Ocean dubbed) to only the upcoming LE sets in favor of the Remastered series (which NYAV Post dubbed). If Wow approaches Sunrise and asks for the rights to air SEED in Canada, they're most likely gonna give them the Remastered series but because it was dubbed in America it's not CanCon. This if further complicated with WOW! trying to give kids and teens of today a chance to experience this stuff for themselves as it's gonna be a different cast than the one their generational predecessors experienced.
Schmullus1 discussed on Fandompost that theoretically, they can sync the Ocean dub with the Remastered footage as there's absolutely no new voice work done but it would require getting the original audio stems and remastering it to 5.1 and they most likely are lost after 10 years because Ocean wasn't as caring with their audio stems as say Animaze/Magnitude 8 Post was (https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/forum/ ... post605392), thus requiring Ocean to make a whole new dub for that, and Wow's gonna end up paying for it as Sunrise ain't. If the separate audio stems still exist then good for them as Wow wouldn't have to spend as much as all they need is just to remaster it in 5.1 and edit and sync it up with the Remastered footage.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:17 pm

C. Smith wrote:Yeah they could air Ocean dub SEED again but the main issue is that they would have to negotiate with Sunrise to get the rights to air it in Canada and FWIH they're incredibly anal-retentive with Gundam ever since getting it back when Bandai Entertainment kicked the bucket, especially as they're demoting the old SEED series (the one Ocean dubbed) to only the upcoming LE sets in favor of the Remastered series (which NYAV Post dubbed). If Wow approaches Sunrise and asks for the rights to air SEED in Canada, they're most likely gonna give them the Remastered series but because it was dubbed in America it's not CanCon. This if further complicated with WOW! trying to give kids and teens of today a chance to experience this stuff for themselves as it's gonna be a different cast than the one their generational predecessors experienced.
Schmullus1 discussed on Fandompost that theoretically, they can sync the Ocean dub with the Remastered footage as there's absolutely no new voice work done but it would require getting the original audio stems and remastering it to 5.1 and they most likely are lost after 10 years because Ocean wasn't as caring with their audio stems as say Animaze/Magnitude 8 Post was (https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/forum/ ... post605392), thus requiring Ocean to make a whole new dub for that, and Wow's gonna end up paying for it as Sunrise ain't. If the separate audio stems still exist then good for them as Wow wouldn't have to spend as much as all they need is just to remaster it in 5.1 and edit and sync it up with the Remastered footage.
Why would they have to remix the old dub into 5.1? Why not just use the old Ocean dub audio track and put it on the remastered video? Apparently the new Blu-Rays do that...

C. Smith

Post by C. Smith » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:56 pm

Robo4900 wrote:Why would they have to remix the old dub into 5.1? Why not just use the old Ocean dub audio track and put it on the remastered video? Apparently the new Blu-Rays do that...
I think we should take it to the DMs

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:35 pm

Dark Vegeta-Sama wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:It always makes me facepalm that Funimation had the nerve to fire a bunch of veterans to only replace them with a bunch of nobodies because they were cheaper. It clearly shows that Funimation wasn't the best company to handle Dragon Ball. When you hire nobodies to dub over a show that was composed of experienced voice actors in its original language, that feels like a fucking insult. I'm not asking to hire live-action actors to dub over, but people with some acting skills instead of none.
Agreed completely.

And, as someone else recently posted, it's always been a particular sore spot that Ocean never got to dub the rest of the Freeza arc (with major events like Vegeta's death on Namek and Goku's first Super Saiyan transformation), especially after they had already done all the "heavy lifting" by setting those things up in the earlier episodes.

The Ocean cast getting to dub Dragonball Kai - even with a different actor playing Goku - is thankfully the next best thing. Here's hoping we get to see it soon..
Yeah, I just hope this turns to be great.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:48 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:
Dark Vegeta-Sama wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:It always makes me facepalm that Funimation had the nerve to fire a bunch of veterans to only replace them with a bunch of nobodies because they were cheaper. It clearly shows that Funimation wasn't the best company to handle Dragon Ball. When you hire nobodies to dub over a show that was composed of experienced voice actors in its original language, that feels like a fucking insult. I'm not asking to hire live-action actors to dub over, but people with some acting skills instead of none.
Agreed completely.

And, as someone else recently posted, it's always been a particular sore spot that Ocean never got to dub the rest of the Freeza arc (with major events like Vegeta's death on Namek and Goku's first Super Saiyan transformation), especially after they had already done all the "heavy lifting" by setting those things up in the earlier episodes.

The Ocean cast getting to dub Dragonball Kai - even with a different actor playing Goku - is thankfully the next best thing. Here's hoping we get to see it soon..
At this stage, after how legendary this dub has become I do have to wonder how people would feel if it was a disappointment :?

Although, based on everything we've heard I expect it to be fine. Probably something like Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions dub, i.e. uses a replacement score but is good in every other way.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:58 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:
Dark Vegeta-Sama wrote:
Agreed completely.

At this stage, after how legendary this dub has become I do have to wonder how people would feel if it was a disappointment :?

Although, based on everything we've heard I expect it to be fine. Probably something like Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions dub, i.e. uses a replacement score but is good in every other way.
I'd be angry. Like really angry that it failed to meet my expectations.

If it's better than Funimation's dub, I'd be a happy bunny.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

SX10
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SX10 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:54 pm

After all this time it would be really, REALLY, easy to build this up to be the best thing since sliced bread. But let's not. I have no doubt it is going to be at the very LEAST, just good. It would be surprising if it was noticeably bad, but those chances are so slim. I just can't wait to hear it.
"Four eyes, ever had four black eyes?" -- Brian Drummond's Vegeta

https://youtu.be/5TW1njkk52Q -- Dragon Ball Sheep

Arian
Banned

Post by Arian » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:35 pm

SX10 wrote:After all this time it would be really, REALLY, easy to build this up to be the best thing since sliced bread. But let's not. I have no doubt it is going to be at the very LEAST, just good. It would be surprising if it was noticeably bad, but those chances are so slim. I just can't wait to hear it.
You just said all of the right things in a matter of 2 small sentences. Good job, man! :thumbup:
Was the hate for Kai largely unjustified?
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:It's an edited, cynically produced, cheap recut with a poorly utilized ancient score and awful scene recreations that later got traded in for a weird green tint.

The story of Kai's production is far more interesting than the actual product.
Danfun64 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 pm Screw Corus and it's monopoly. It should sell off the Nick, Disney, and CN assets at minimum.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:01 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:uses a replacement score but is good in every other way.
Given the crap about Kai's scoring, I honestly think that's a plus.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:47 am

I hope they have dubbed the ending too. I would hate to see they just use an instrumental version of the opening for the ending credits like 4Kids used to. That's just lazy.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:08 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:uses a replacement score but is good in every other way.
That's actually a blessing in disguise because the current Kai scores are absolute shit so at least Ocean Kai's replacement will hopefully be better.

P.S. I love Kikuchi's music but TOEI really butchered his Z music on Kai and Sumitomo's Kai tracks.. feels like I was listening to video game bgms which isn't a bad thing but not very fitting for a show. I'd rather take Mega Man's music over the official Kai scores.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:42 pm

Robo4900 wrote:
SX10 wrote:Maybe some of you guys know, but I am sure I read somewhere on here that Doc Harris wasn't returning as narrator? I have a vague recollection of that and it's bumming me out, so I HOPE I'm wrong! :lol:
Okay, I suppose I might aswell recap this kind of thing for everyone so people don't have to make these kinds of posts here for a while. And who knows, assuming I haven't significantly buggered up several details here, maybe this can be quoted in future if/when we decide to open up a new topic if/when this dub airs...

Voices that probably are not returning:
Doc Harris as the narrator - Said he wasn't back.
Dale Wilson as Cell, Kami, and King Yemma - Said he doesn't remember recording for this dub.
Terry Klassen as Krillin, Guldo, Cell Jr., Roshi, and Grandpa Gohan - Brian Drummond confirmed he isn't back; he's transitioned entirely into directing.
Paul Dobson as Zarbon - Kirbopher has claimed to have talked to the "New" voice of Zarbon.
David Kaye as Recoome - He works out of LA now, so it's pretty certain he's not back.
Robert O. Smith as Grand Elder Guru - Passed away in 2010. It is possible he was auditioned and did all his voicework for it in 2010 before he died, since the character isn't in a lot of episodes, but it's highly unlikely, especially since the last work he's known to have done was back in 2005/2006.
Jason Gray-Stanford as Raditz - He hasn't really done much voicework since the '90s, so he's unlikely to be back.
Pauline Newstone as Freeza - Recast in favour of Lee Tockar.
Ian Corlett, Peter Kelamis, and Kirby Morrow as Goku - Morrow was re-auditioned, but ultimately rejected. The other two weren't auditioned. Richard Ian Cox was cast in this role instead.
Matt Smith as Tien Shinhan - Rejected in favour of his Calgary alternative, Brendan Hunter.

Voices that are returning: (All confirmed by the relevant actors)
Scott McNeil as Piccolo, Jeice, Caroni, Dr. Brief
Michael Dobson as Nappa
Brian Drummond as Vegeta
Brendan Hunter as Tien Shinhan (Blue Water)

Known new voices:
Richard Ian Cox as Goku - Confirmed by Scott McNeil, Kirbopher, and I believe also KaiserNeko
Lee Tockar as Freeza - Confirmed by Tockar himself.
Cole Howard as #17 - He mentioned it in a Reddit post.
James Beach - Unknown role in episode 21. Likely an unnamed Namekian. Confirmed in a forum post where he asked for a copy of the episode to use in his demo reel.

Voices that may be returning: (Excluding actors we've heard nothing about)
Ted Cole as Yamcha - Brian Drummond said he may be returning. We know he was recast as #17 in favour of Cole Howard, though. Assuming he was re-auditioned as Yamcha, he was likely also re-auditioned as Korin aswell.
Saffron Henderson as Gohan - We haven't had 100% confirmation yet. It can be assumed she's back based on how and what she said in regards to voicing Gohan, but it's not a concrete thing.
Don Brown as King Kai, Emperor Pilaf, Burter, Moori, Hercule/Mr. Satan, Shenron, and Roshi - He still works, and Brian Drummond claimed to have worked with him as recently as 2013, so the jury is still out on this.
Scott McNeil as #16, and farmer in field - He has talked about playing basically all the same characters as he did in Z, including mentioning Boo, Old Kai, South Kai, and Dabura, but a handful of his old roles haven't been mentioned, and we're also unsure if he's gained any new roles this time around. If Alec Willows isn't reprising Oolong, there is precedent for McNeil playing that character in Willows' absence, after all... Whether this all just slipped his mind, or if he's been recast in some of his old roles is not known, though he can be quite forthcoming about this stuff at cons when asked. (Similar case for any characters not mentioned above played by actors I've mentioned)

Other misc. info:
Karl Willems was the primary ADR director of this dub, according to Brian Drummond.
At least one other ADR director was involved in some capacity, as at least one person connected to this dub knew it to be directed by someone else.
The idea of doing both a cut and an uncut version of this dub was discussed. We have no way of knowing which way this went, however a cut version does exist.
The edited video master for this dub's production was licensed by Funimation, though with their episode titles used instead of Ocean's. This video master is what aired on NickToons USA. It's possible this edited video master was only produced in standard-definition.
The edited video master gives us some small insights into one or two things about this dub; the tournaments will be referred to with a direct romanisation, "Tenkaichi Budoukai", instead of the localised "World Martial Arts Tournament" title Funimation's dubs, and productions that follow their naming conventions, have used in the past.
The romanised name of the Tenkaichi Budoukai goes along with the more-accurate approach this dub seems to be taking in other areas, with Freeza's recasting away from Pauline Newstone, Goku's recasting away from Kirby Morrow, and the fact Namek will be pronounced closer to how it's pronounced in the Japanese version.
Apparently, the scripts were done by Ocean.
One of the first people to be cast in this dub was apparently Scott McNeil. Lee Tockar allegedly heard some of the music for this dub, so he likely recorded much later in the production.
Because Maggie Blue O'Hara was not in Vancouver at the time this dub was recorded, and I believe the same as true of Lalainia Lindbjerg, it's probably safe to assume we're getting a new Bulma.
Any characters that aren't returning from a Vancouver casting may have been swapped out for their Calgary casting. Apparently the bulk of the cast is from Vancouver, but we know some Blue Water actors will be involved.
I would be rather surprised if Dave 'Squatch' Ward isn't back as Ox-King.
The last few seconds of the opening theme song are available via the online editing supervisor's demo reel. This video also notes "2 seasons", which gels with the CRTC listing of Kai(Page 2) as "DRAGONBALL KAI (I)(#1-50)" and "DRAGONBALL KAI (II)(#51-98)", which suggests it was packaged and officially considered as two "Seasons" of about 50 episodes each. This snippet also gels with something David Steele said about a 30-second snippet of a song called "Dragonball Kai" on his website: "I did that spot in 2009 and [...] I can't even remember if it was a demo or went final?" The voice doesn't sound like his, and the instrumentation sounds entirely different. It's possible the lyrics are also entirely different. So, this demo which has been going around online as "The opening to Ocean Kai" is likely nothing more than a scratch track.
Sean Schemmel has seen a small amount of this dub, likely because of Funimation's acquisition of Ocean's edited video master.
Last news we heard on this is that Marni Shulman of Wow TV in Canada is still working on acquiring it. It all seems to be going smoothly, so all we can really do is sit tight and wait for an update from her. She's said multiple times she'll send out a Tweet when there's any news on this.
You forgot to add in Trevor Devall. He said in an interview with Kirbopher that he worked on Ocean Kai. We still don't know who he plays, but I'd say it's likely that he'll voice Mr. Satan.

Arian
Banned

Post by Arian » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:48 pm

Robo4900 wrote:Does anyone happen to have the episode of Voiceprint where Kirby Morrow discusses Ocean Kai? I found a download of it on the Wayback Machine, but it looks like that part was edited out for some reason -- the "It's greaaaaat!!" is there, then there's a pretty clear fadeout while they're laughing, and it cuts to one of them saying "Well, what else can we talk about?"; the actual discussion of Ocean Kai is no-where to be heard(Go to about the 9:30 mark to hear this). Later on in the podcast, you can hear one of them say "We're probably already in trouble for that Dragon Ball thing earlier...", so this is clearly the right episode, but it's missing that critical piece.
So... Anyone have the full episode? I'm curious to here the full section, as the YouTube video cuts it off, and as a result, there's an unknown amount of missing content that's in neither the YouTube video, nor the version of the episode I downloaded.
After almost a year of frantically searching for it, I finally found it! :D

At the request of Mr. Devall himself, however, I will not be posting it here on the forum. Fret not, because all episodes of Voiceprint will be back on trevordevall.com in their original form, he told me.

You didn't really miss anything if that "We're probably in trouble..." remark is in the edited version. They don't go into it any further than that YouTube clip highlights. But everyone on the show is extremely entertaining, witty, and spot on, it actually got some laughs out of me as I was simply listening for information. I recommend it very much if Trevor will still be conducting the show in the future.

Sorry if this post was rather uninformative, I was really expecting to have something. But I wanted to gloat a bit as well. XP
Was the hate for Kai largely unjustified?
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:It's an edited, cynically produced, cheap recut with a poorly utilized ancient score and awful scene recreations that later got traded in for a weird green tint.

The story of Kai's production is far more interesting than the actual product.
Danfun64 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 pm Screw Corus and it's monopoly. It should sell off the Nick, Disney, and CN assets at minimum.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:43 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:You forgot to add in Trevor Devall. He said in an interview with Kirbopher that he worked on Ocean Kai. We still don't know who he plays, but I'd say it's likely that he'll voice Mr. Satan.
Did he? All I'd heard was, from the Voiceprint podcast, him saying he'd auditioned for it...

If you're sure -- and I'd prefer if you can fetch the interview in question -- I'll make a note of that for future reference.
Arian wrote:After almost a year of frantically searching for it, I finally found it! :D

At the request of Mr. Devall himself, however, I will not be posting it here on the forum. Fret not, because all episodes of Voiceprint will be back on trevordevall.com in their original form, he told me.

You didn't really miss anything if that "We're probably in trouble..." remark is in the edited version. They don't go into it any further than that YouTube clip highlights. But everyone on the show is extremely entertaining, witty, and spot on, it actually got some laughs out of me as I was simply listening for information. I recommend it very much if Trevor will still be conducting the show in the future.

Sorry if this post was rather uninformative, I was really expecting to have something. But I wanted to gloat a bit as well. XP
:D :D :D :D :D

Thanks, my dude. Glad to hear it'll all be up. And yeah, it's a pretty entertaining podcast. I'm missing episodes 1, 2, 7, and 12, but I managed to get all the rest -- only the cut-down version of the Ocean Kai one, sadly -- and while I haven't listened to much of it, from what I have listened to, it's fun stuff.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:53 pm

Oh, I made a small mistake: While Kirbopher did interview Trevor, the latter said he worked on DBZ Kai in another interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_snEpBI ... e&t=23m26s