Dragonball Kai Part 3 Cover

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragonball Kai Part 3 Cover

Post by SaiyamanMS » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:49 am

Were it up to me, I'd consider holding SSJ Goku back for the final set, probably in the pose from when he was throwing the Spirit Bomb at Kid Buu. Besides, having Goku appear on the first and last sets would provide a sort of symmetry.

Treklin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Treklin » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:50 pm

I think part 4 will go with the 13-episode rhtym 40-52 ... and later funi release the japanese dragon ball kai "season" boxsets. Boxart for part 4 is most probably freeza (1st form) and the color scheme could be "ice white" ...
The word "KAI" means in the old North Germanic language Frisian "Kämpfer engl. Fighter" respectively "Krieger engl. Warrior"!

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:17 pm

I'm just against having Goku twice, even if he's in a different form. It's been like that every time and I want some variety.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:20 pm

Treklin wrote:I think part 4 will go with the 13-episode rhtym 40-52 ... and later funi release the japanese dragon ball kai "season" boxsets. Boxart for part 4 is most probably freeza (1st form) and the color scheme could be "ice white" ...
Umm..... why Freeza's 1st form? Freeza already in his final form from the very first episode of the set.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:06 pm

After watching the trailer again.....when does Piccolo even show up on Namek? If he already fighting 2nd form Piccolo in this set or did they just want to squeeze him in so they don't miss him on a cover?

-I'm worried about what color the case will be when Cell is on a cover.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:12 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:After watching the trailer again.....when does Piccolo even show up on Namek? If he already fighting 2nd form Piccolo in this set or did they just want to squeeze him in so they don't miss him on a cover?
Dragon Ball Kai episode #39: "The Reborn Piccolo Arrives! A Furious Freeza's 2nd Transformation."

Piccolo's returned to life in #36.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:27 pm

There's an ad in RightStuf's latest catalog advertising for Z Kai Part 3. I figured I'd take a picture of it and show it to everyone who doesn't get the catalog.

(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:43 pm

I like it.

And to Goku being on more than one cover....with the brick sets; including the GT complete series set, Goku appeared 8 out of 17 times [whether it was him or a fusion of him]

I'm sure they have plenty of characters to pick from in the rest of the set. I DON'T see them skipping super saiyan Goku though.

I'm more worried about the colors for the boxes, I really do hope they don't replicate colors. Theres going to be ATLEAST 10 covers right? Out of regular colors we have:

Red
Orange
Yellow
Pink
Purple

And I can't think of any character [that they would put on a cover] that would go with red and I see Friza as the Purple one and maybe Pink for Majin Puu of any sort and then Yellow for a Super Saiyan abd orange for maybe Ultimate Gohan?

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brakus » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:53 am

Kendamu wrote:There's an ad in RightStuf's latest catalog advertising for Z Kai Part 3. I figured I'd take a picture of it and show it to everyone who doesn't get the catalog.
Yeah. If by "anti-hero" they meant "badass guy who turned into a grumpy and easily irritated uncle", then yes. I always thought that Vegeta fit the "anti-hero" trope more than Piccolo. I mean, he put that aside after he teamed up with Goku, and then when he started training Gohan, he just got... well, "more grumpy than evil" as Gohan said. Not to mention more easily irritated. (Although I could be mistaking that for the Abridged interpretation of Piccolo, heh.) Vegeta was always badass (until at least the Buu saga, or the end of the Cell saga), and played the "I'm not here to save you, Goku" card a lot more than Piccolo ever did.

Although, if they keep That Scene Where Piccolo Fuses With Nail -- and Piccolo goes "When Harry Met Sally" all over again after said fusion, just like in DBZ -- at least the "Reborn" appellation will be true. :)
- J

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. That is the secret of life."
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

ssgOverlord
Patreon Supporter

Post by ssgOverlord » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:41 pm

I think they are just going for a color to match the character well. And Goku will have plenty of chances to be SSJ, I'm sure...

Another thought is alternating with hero and villain on the covers. I would like to see a Purple/Freeza cover...but I'm always up for Brown/Bubbles.
I think I'll be buying assorted Dragon Ball things for the rest of my life.