Dragonball Z Kai - Part 4 Cover

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SolarBlade52
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragonball Z Kai - Part 4 Cover

Post by SolarBlade52 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:22 pm

Sorry, VegettoEX.

That was a very blunt statement I made and I shouldn't have done that.
To put up a better statement:
I don't see the real reason to complain about the cover art, when the content on the DVD's are what really matters the most...at least to me.

Sun-Wukong
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sun-Wukong » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:49 pm

I feel like some sort of weirdo, because I didn't like it at first glance but think it looks good after waiting a bit. The only thing that really looks weird to me is that Freeza's right arm seems like it's popped out of it's socket, but not that badly.
This will never not be my sig:
VegettoEX wrote:"Snoop Lion" is just a character he's playing for his reggae album and documentary. Him saying that it's his new name is all part of the character.

I can't believe this is on-topic.

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:27 pm

I don't think it looks bad. Kind of bland but not "WHOMAG THIS IS SO OFFENSIVE TO MY EYES!" bad.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:02 pm

I honestly do not see a problem with it. I've looked over it time and time again trying to pick out what others see and I actually can not. I am being 100% objective in my assertion that the artwork looks fine to me. I see nothing out of proportion or incorrectly shaded. There are some odd angles, but everything looks on model to me. :(

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Budogenkai » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:34 pm

I am starting to like it more, but I don't know if it's just a part of me thinking that it could be way worse.
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

ChampionofTime
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChampionofTime » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:46 pm

Post Deleted.
Last edited by ChampionofTime on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:52 pm

Like other people have said, its not about the cover as much as the content on those disks!
"Perfect" is the enemy of the good. True for Cell and true for real life.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brakus » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:25 am

SolarBlade52 wrote:Complaining about the cover art is utterly pointless.
I tend to agree with this sentiment, Mike. I'd rather complain about the fact that they're sticking to 13 episodes, when the Freeza arc ends at Episode 54. Why FUNi didn't want to add 2 more episodes to their set is beyond me (other than compromising bitrate and picture quality).

The cover art looks fine to me, even if it is spoilerish (Goku having turned SSJ and all). Complaining about it really is pointless, quite frankly.
- J

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. That is the secret of life."
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:08 am

Well seeing that the Goku and Vegeta battle carried over to vol 2 I'm not at all surprised about vol 4. Funi will probably stick to 13 eps a set until the last couple of volumes.

As for the cover, it's ok, I would prefer they reuse the sweet Freeza image from the orange brick myself.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:41 pm

I think at this point and time, especially since Kai is something "new", I don't think we should EVER have to see the same image twice. No more recycling for a 'redrawn show.'

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:33 pm

Brakus wrote:
SolarBlade52 wrote:Complaining about the cover art is utterly pointless.
I tend to agree with this sentiment, Mike. I'd rather complain about the fact that they're sticking to 13 episodes, when the Freeza arc ends at Episode 54. Why FUNi didn't want to add 2 more episodes to their set is beyond me (other than compromising bitrate and picture quality).

The cover art looks fine to me, even if it is spoilerish (Goku having turned SSJ and all). Complaining about it really is pointless, quite frankly.
I know that oftentimes even with old works that a person could not have seen it and something would be a spoiler. However, is there anyone in the entire world who knows what Dragon Balk is and doesn't know he goes SSJ?
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:57 am

Brakus wrote:I tend to agree with this sentiment, Mike. I'd rather complain about the fact that they're sticking to 13 episodes, when the Freeza arc ends at Episode 54. Why FUNi didn't want to add 2 more episodes to their set is beyond me (other than compromising bitrate and picture quality).
Isn't it obvious why they did that? To get you to buy the next set.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:13 am

penguintruth wrote:
Brakus wrote:I tend to agree with this sentiment, Mike. I'd rather complain about the fact that they're sticking to 13 episodes, when the Freeza arc ends at Episode 54. Why FUNi didn't want to add 2 more episodes to their set is beyond me (other than compromising bitrate and picture quality).
Isn't it obvious why they did that? To get you to buy the next set.
Exactly, plus I don't think they want to break the 13 episodes a set. It's somewhat ingenious really, every set ends on a cliffhanger and most will buy the next to see what happens. As penguintruth said.

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:45 am

I'm not gonna lie, I really like the cover. Goku fighting Frieza; a classic battle from the Z mythos in the modernized artwork. It looks just fine to me. :mrgreen:
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:09 am

Considering how long we've had the single character covers on the DVDs, it's kind of refreshing to see something new. I really don't mind this cover. I hope Gohan and Cell get a similar treatment.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Ashy-kun
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashy-kun » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:50 am

I don't have too much of a problem with it, but then I'm pretty okay with a lot of things, if I see it often enough, and even then, this one was just okay to me anyway. Not that it matters to me, really, since the content is what I really care about. Plus the DVDs are going in my book/DVD case, and all I see are the spines on actual box sets, and if they've got a slip cover of them, I have them so I have easier access to the DVDs.
Your freelance, amateur translator, with over a year's worth of self-taught experience. Once an honorary member of Team Kinniku, and a man with his work shown in various places here and there. If you have a song you'd like me to look over, I'll happily look it over and see if I can translate it for you.

Most Recent Song Added to Ashy-kun's Song Translation Topic: Yoake no Kodomo-tachi (Translated: The Children of the Dawn)

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gotham22 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:37 am

I wonder if there will be a battle image of Gohan and Cell for a cover when those episdoes get release on DVD/Blu-ray.

Soul
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Soul » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:11 am

Personally? Neither the Dragon Box nor even the Orange Bricks have a image of SSJ2 Gohan via the Cell Games, so I'm hoping to god we get a bad ass cover with him on it.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:30 pm

Well this looks like crap.
Hujio wrote: His right fist looks like a block.
:lol: Yes, and it's the same with Vegeta and Piccolo on the previous covers.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:57 pm

Is that fanart or something?