Moments You Found the Music Out of Place

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: Moments You Found the Music Out of Place

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:11 am

That's like playing the Looney Tunes theme song during a funeral.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:27 am

There's a brief comparison about the moment when Goku reunite with friends in the Tenkaichi Budokai in DBKAI and the same scene in DBZ

The difference is quite clear, while Kai sounds like a usual happy moment, in Z they really captured the moment, and made Goku's return after 7 years in afterlife, meeting his mates and knowing his other son, sound something really emotional for the spectators
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Man-Child
Beyond Newbie

Post by Man-Child » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:20 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:Goku's Transformation.

I like the music in Kai. I don't really notice it being out of place often, but I felt like Toei could have done so much better with the choice in music this time around. But instead they went with a track they've used a thousand times, again.
^This. The repetitive use of Yamamoto's tracks was what put me off of Kai, initially. Sadly, they're done the exact same thing with Kikuchi's replacement tracks.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:28 am

Guys, this thread is 3 years. Talk about necro-posting?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.