Buu Saga Kai

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Buu Saga Kai

Post by B » Fri May 23, 2014 2:05 pm

Cold Skin wrote:More and more I can hardly believe the 60-something episodes announced.

Goku and Vegeta finishing Puipui and Yakon already?
It goes so fast, what are they gonna do next for it to be 60 episodes? Start leaving every single filler in?

Bottom line, I don't say this is untrue information since it's official, but still, I'll wait until we have an episode that actually drastically slows down the pace a lot before I believe that official count of episodes. Or titles for upcoming episodes showing a huge decrease in speed.
Why is it so hard to believe there was 30-something episodes' worth of filler to remove?
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Mon May 26, 2014 11:40 am

I did a bit of math (not my strong point, I'll admit) and just realised that Kai won't be finished until July 26th 2015. Do you think they'll start showing more than one episode per week? Just to get it out of the way for any other show they want to promote.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Mon May 26, 2014 11:58 am

You know, I'm actually starting to wonder whether Funimation is going to dub the songs or not. They stopped dubbing the One Piece themes in 2012 (that was after they had finished Dragon Ball Z Kai) apparently because they had been taking a loss on it. This means it might be possible they'll just leave the Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go and Dear Zarathrutstra (can't spellol) as is, since they're too lazy to dub songs nowadays. I really hope that's not the case, as I'd really like to hear English versions of those. :(
They used to pay people to write entire new scores, now they can't even dub songs. :?
This is of course assuming it IS happening, since there hasn't been any official confirmation yet.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon May 26, 2014 12:00 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:You know, I'm actually starting to wonder whether Funimation is going to dub the songs or not. They stopped dubbing the One Piece themes in 2012 (that was after they had finished Dragon Ball Z Kai) apparently because they had been taking a loss on it. This means it might be possible they'll just leave the Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go and Dear Zarathrutstra (can't spellol) as is, since they're too lazy to dub songs nowadays. I really hope that's not the case, as I'd really like to hear English versions of those. :(
They used to pay people to write entire new scores, now they can't even dub songs. :?
This is of course assuming it IS happening, since there hasn't been any official confirmation yet.
No, they stopped dubbing the One Piece themes in 2012 because Toei stopped allowing them to, because they want to promote the Japanese songs in America or something like that.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Mon May 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Puto wrote:
Valerius Dover wrote:You know, I'm actually starting to wonder whether Funimation is going to dub the songs or not. They stopped dubbing the One Piece themes in 2012 (that was after they had finished Dragon Ball Z Kai) apparently because they had been taking a loss on it. This means it might be possible they'll just leave the Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go and Dear Zarathrutstra (can't spellol) as is, since they're too lazy to dub songs nowadays. I really hope that's not the case, as I'd really like to hear English versions of those. :(
No, they stopped dubbing the One Piece themes in 2012 because Toei stopped allowing them to, because they want to promote the Japanese songs in America or something like that.
Hmm, I must've been wrong, I suppose. I only did quick research, so I'll take your word over mine. That does still cast doubt on whether they'll allow them to dub the songs for Buu Kai or not. (Could you give me a link, perhaps? I'm curious about this)

"This sucks. Make more."

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon May 26, 2014 12:25 pm

I don't remember exactly where it was mentioned, but it was pretty heavily discussed over on Arlong Park Forums, so try searching there.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Mon May 26, 2014 12:27 pm

Hasn't FUNimation been very adverse to having Japanese songs playing with English Dragon Ball? I remember reading somewhere on the forums(might have been users Cypher or MagicBox) that on the FUNi DBOX, the English dub plays some intstrumental that isn't "HEAD CHA-LA".
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon May 26, 2014 1:09 pm

No, the English dub does have Head Cha-La on the Dragon Boxes; it's everywhere else that it gets replaced with a generic guitar instrumental song.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon May 26, 2014 2:18 pm

Puto wrote:No, the English dub does have Head Cha-La on the Dragon Boxes; it's everywhere else that it gets replaced with a generic guitar instrumental song.
Its stuff like this that made me rip episodes off my blurays of Kai and place the Japanese cover of Dragon Soul over the English tracks.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Mon May 26, 2014 5:28 pm

I wish they'd start just always using Cha-La-Head-Cha-La for Z, instead of the stupid guitar solo thing. That should only be on the US Broadcast Audio track.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue May 27, 2014 12:38 am

Technically, it shouldn't even be on (most) of that since, like a lot of parts of the "broadcast" track, it wasn't part of those original broadcast masters. For example, to be "broadcast" (and I put that in quotes since, at least in the U.S., a lot of it didn't air the actual openings at all), season 3 (up until Garlic Jr.) would need to use Rock the Dragon, and later seasons should use the Faulconer opening. I think only the redub of seasons 1 and 2 used the opening in question, but I could be wrong about that.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Tue May 27, 2014 4:02 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:Technically, it shouldn't even be on (most) of that since, like a lot of parts of the "broadcast" track, it wasn't part of those original broadcast masters. For example, to be "broadcast" (and I put that in quotes since, at least in the U.S., a lot of it didn't air the actual openings at all), season 3 (up until Garlic Jr.) would need to use Rock the Dragon, and later seasons should use the Faulconer opening. I think only the redub of seasons 1 and 2 used the opening in question, but I could be wrong about that.
The uncut redub used a different theme with a red tint to the animation. It was a hard rock like instrumental piece. Either way, Funimation wants the English dub to have the same footage, so they took the only song that was long enough and still fit the footage. I do think it should have stayed on the US score track instead of being on both, however. Also, Special 1, Movies 3-4, and Movies 6-9 keep Cha La Intact. Same applies to We Gotta Power in Movies 10-11. In the JP score, of course.

"This sucks. Make more."

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue May 27, 2014 4:11 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:Technically, it shouldn't even be on (most) of that since, like a lot of parts of the "broadcast" track, it wasn't part of those original broadcast masters. For example, to be "broadcast" (and I put that in quotes since, at least in the U.S., a lot of it didn't air the actual openings at all), season 3 (up until Garlic Jr.) would need to use Rock the Dragon, and later seasons should use the Faulconer opening. I think only the redub of seasons 1 and 2 used the opening in question, but I could be wrong about that.
Actually, back in the day when they were redubbing season 1 and 2, they used this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVIkMe4ludM

The only "broadcast" thing that is actually really present is the ending theme - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7WqkQiHxkA

So that opening song used on the bricks and beyond, to my knowledge, was never actually a part of any DBZ broadcast.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Tue May 27, 2014 4:43 am

Hmm, that ending theme is really unfitting in the Buu arc..... :lol:

Anyway, back in topic here. Who do you guys think is going to get recast in the Funi dub that may or may not be happening?

"This sucks. Make more."

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Tue May 27, 2014 4:53 am

I really, REALLY hope the 69 episode count doesn't come to pass. The pacing has been so far so good, and the music is really starting to pick up. Sure even at 69 eps, we'd at least be spared of story contradicting filler and those dreadful pointless flash backs. However 69 eps almost guarantees we'll be "treated" to the worst filler of all, the pans across landscapes and staring contests. I was really hoping fights like Veggetto vs. Buu and Goku vs. Vegeta would be only 2 episodes each, but I may have to live with them being only cut down to 3. I LOVE Gotenks, but his anime fight with Buu SUUUUUUUUCKS, that really needs to be mercilessly chopped down. I wait in suspense to see if fight filler bullshit like Goku hanging off a cliff, and dancing cheek to cheek with Vegeta will be left intact.

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Thu May 29, 2014 6:28 am

http://www.champtv.com/program/soon/list.asp

dbz kai coming to champtv (south korea)

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu May 29, 2014 3:08 pm

DongHyun wrote:http://www.champtv.com/program/soon/list.asp

dbz kai coming to champtv (south korea)
Yes! The best dub ever(nostalgia idgaf) is comin soon baby!

Korea Dub is life.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri May 30, 2014 3:49 am

MR.Mark wrote:I really, REALLY hope the 69 episode count doesn't come to pass. The pacing has been so far so good, and the music is really starting to pick up. Sure even at 69 eps, we'd at least be spared of story contradicting filler and those dreadful pointless flash backs. However 69 eps almost guarantees we'll be "treated" to the worst filler of all, the pans across landscapes and staring contests. I was really hoping fights like Veggetto vs. Buu and Goku vs. Vegeta would be only 2 episodes each, but I may have to live with them being only cut down to 3. I LOVE Gotenks, but his anime fight with Buu SUUUUUUUUCKS, that really needs to be mercilessly chopped down. I wait in suspense to see if fight filler bullshit like Goku hanging off a cliff, and dancing cheek to cheek with Vegeta will be left intact.
You see, I think all of his fights with the different Boo's are outstanding.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri May 30, 2014 5:01 am

MR.Mark wrote:I wait in suspense to see if fight filler bullshit like Goku hanging off a cliff, and dancing cheek to cheek with Vegeta will be left intact.
What is that all about?!
There is actually a filler that spends time showing Goku hanging off a cliff, like literally? (when he could let go and fly back up?)
And... I guess "dancing cheek to cheek" with Vegeta is something that happens during their battle and they end up being cheek to cheek somehow? (seems like a surprising position)

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri May 30, 2014 5:25 am

What do you guys think the chances are Toei will fix the scenes where Super Buu's eyes were white instead of red? Because this happened a few times If I remember right.

So, you think Toei will fix these, or just cut the scenes out entirely? I know they went back and fixed that error where SSJ Goku's eyebrows were still black in Kai.

Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]