Buu Saga is coming to Latin America

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Buu Saga is coming to Latin America

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:31 pm

I'm so glad! This gives me hope we will see him in Super!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:27 am

Frankly, I don't think he's any better than the Goku they cast for the first part of Kai. If anything, I like him more. And it also makes voices inconsistent...

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:50 am

While I like you and appreciate your opninion, you arent the one this dub is aimed to, its us. Lets us have this for once please.

And Mario did want to respect Edson Matus but it seems Toei really did want Mario back.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:24 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:While I like you and appreciate your opninion, you arent the one this dub is aimed to, its us. Lets us have this for once please.

And Mario did want to respect Edson Matus but it seems Toei really did want Mario back.
I hope for the sake of consistency and the latin fans that part 1 gets redone. Especially because it's based on the edited english dub (which is pretty awful).

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:32 am

I dont think so. Mario said he would return only if the first half was redubbed to keep consistency in the casting. But Toei said no. I dont know what convinced Mario to return, but the first half wont be redubbed.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:37 am

That's a shame... But money speaks, I guess...

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:56 am

Considering how accurate their Z dub was and Buu Kai isn't shortened enough, there is very little point in dubbing it.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:25 am

kei17 wrote:Considering how accurate their Z dub was and Buu Kai isn't shortened enough, there is very little point in dubbing it.
Are you talking about redubbing, or Boo kai? Or both?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:02 pm

Rocio Garcel has come back to voice Bulma in the Buu Saga of Kai.

https://twitter.com/7luismendoza/status ... 3034417152

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:36 am

Do we know why a lot of the original cast is suddenly coming back? Is the studio just offering the voice actors more money this time around?
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:39 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote:Do we know why a lot of the original cast is suddenly coming back? Is the studio just offering the voice actors more money this time around?
The same thing is happening with the Brazilian dub, but in that case is because they changed the studio.

Bulma

Post by Bulma » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:41 am

Wow, I don't know what to think... but I'm glad.

Through Mario Castañeda's Twitter, I realized yt will also bring back René García (Vegeta) and Luis Alfonso Mendoza (Gohan). I hope they bring back all the original cast available, just like in the last two movies (including Laurita Torres as Goten!).
I have to admit I am one of those millions of Latinamerican Dragon Ball fans who can't stand the Kai dub, really, Goku it's Mario Castañeda, Laura Torres or Nozawa Masako to me, no one else. And I don't like neither the Cartoon Network version, edited from the USA version edited from the japanese version... The good old days of Intertrack, when they dubbed straight from japanese, were the best.

But I'm looking forward to it, first "Saga" of Kai I'm gonna actually watch!

I hope the new executives of Toei INC. Latinamerican division realized the huge mistake they did, how much money they lost, and started to amend things for a upcoming dubing of Super.

Sorry for my poor english.
I am not an english speaker and I'm self-taught. Please excuse my awful grammar, I'm doing my best to improve.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:05 am

Dont worry Pal! You are in good company here! Bienvenid@!

We kind of already knew all that but its great that you bring more discussion to this thread! Awesome!

And Laurita Torres is coming back as Goten.

Here's a list of all the confirmed voice actors!

Mario Castañeda como Gokú
Carlos Segundo como Picoro
René García como Vegeta
Luis Alfonso Mendoza como Gohan
Patricia Acevedo como Milk
Laura Torres como Goten
Rocío Garcel como Bulma
Gabriela Willer como Trunks
Ricardo Mendoza como Yamcha
Ismael Larumbe como Ten-Shin-Han
Cristina Hernandez como Marron
Circe Luna como Iresa y Pan
Ricardo Hill como Kaiosama y el Doctor Briefs
Eduardo Garza como Krilin
Gerardo Reyero como Freezer
Enrique Cervantes como Androide 16
Carola Vazquez como Videl
José Lavat como el narrador
Miguel Ángel Sanroman como el maestro Roshi
Irwin Daayán como Dendé
Ernesto Lezama como Oolong y Gregory
Pedro D'Aguillón como el presentador del torneo

Leer Completa en: http://www.anmtvla.com/2016/02/situacio ... z41Ao7chWb

danielsan_190196
Beyond Newbie

Post by danielsan_190196 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:35 pm

From Gaby Willer's tw: lines from episode 25

Vegeta's name was changed to 'Returned' :lol:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:48 pm

Bad news Minna-san. Mario Sauret wont return to voice Majin Buu. Instead Marcos Patiño (Ikki in Saint Seiya and a major pro in dubbing) will take over.

Also Genaro Vazques will play Kaioshin from Canada!

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:09 pm

danielsan_190196 wrote:From Gaby Willer's tw: lines from episode 25

Wow, thanks! Learning about how other countries do dubbing has always been interesting to me. It seems they format and their scripts in a relatively similar way to how they're written here in the U.S.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:45 pm

Good News and bad news, Mr Satan wont be voiced by Ricardo Brust, and he will be played by his First Half of Kai actor. Same for Cell.

danielsan_190196
Beyond Newbie

Post by danielsan_190196 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:03 pm

Espera....does it mean that they dubbed the songs? :wtf:
https://www.facebook.com/dbz2014latino/ ... 2432629221

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:24 pm

Well, the original cast is returning only because they will dub Super after this, but I'm really excited to watch the Buu saga with the original cast :D :D .
The voices in the first part weren't thaaat bad, the most horrible voice was Gohan's but the rest was fine

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Mon May 02, 2016 6:08 am

Wait, Ricardo Silva will sing the opening?? What a bummer. I like Adrian Barba's version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s_oN5aH0DE