Why did Toei cop-out on making Kai a new animated series?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kojiro Sasaki
Banned

Re: Why did Toei cop-out on making Kai a new animated series

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:42 pm

JulieYBM wrote:You are implying the newer CD covers are created on the same schedule as the previous ones with the same level of oversight from the CD producer.
Puto wrote:Just to exemplify, let's look at a few of the contenders...
I provided materials to back up my point.
My point: old > new
That's what I consider to be better than today's art.
AnimeMaakuo wrote:The artwork is also extremely poor compared to the 90's art!
My opinion happens to be the same.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:22 pm

I like how you completely ignored Puto's counter-examples while quoting his post. JulieYBM actually made a good point there. While I myself do prefer the older art, your provided CD cover is not a very good example of why it's worse.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Kojiro Sasaki
Banned

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:45 pm

bkev wrote:I like how you completely ignored Puto's counter-examples while quoting his post. JulieYBM actually made a good point there. While I myself do prefer the older art, your provided CD cover is not a very good example of why it's worse.
I never intended to prove anything. Here are the covers - I consider them to be better than new ones. The End.