Dragon Ball Z Kai on BD from Kazé [updated 21th november]

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai on BD from Kazé [updated 21th november

Post by Darkblade1995 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:29 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:Wow! :shock:

They cut all that in the Japanese version? I haven't seen either version of Kai, so this is news to me. Isn't the fire part of the date episode, though? I thought that was removed?
From what I have heard, they cut out the date parts of the episode. If I remember correctly, the 3rd Buu episode is made from the 2 filler episodes of Z, which features the Nappa-lookalike criminal, and the date episode without the actual date.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:34 pm

Huh. I kind of thought the fire would be a little too ingrained with the date to have only the latter be removed, but I guess it could work given some clever editing.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:17 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:Wow! :shock:

They cut all that in the Japanese version? I haven't seen either version of Kai, so this is news to me. Isn't the fire part of the date episode, though? I thought that was removed?
Oh no, I was just saying everything you saw in the International version, but some of those are in the Japanese cut too.

In the Japanese version, you get: Great Saiyaman stopping the two crazy drivers, saving Videl and all of the elderly people from the falling bus, and the adventure to free Chibi the baby dinosaur (with Gohan directly trying to free Chibi from the cage and escape on the ground).
But all along all of the events until Kaio Shin leaves the tournament, half the content is cut, including scenes and shots all over.

Basically, if you watch the International version after the Japanese cut, you see new content, new shots, new scenes, new dialogues and extended events at every minute, all over the episodes.

Castleking001

Post by Castleking001 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:59 pm

Does anyone have screen caps from the French Blu ray? I'm curious of the similarities (or differences) it has with the Japanese Blu ray sets.

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:29 am

Any news on the last Final Chapters box? I can't find any and there are no listings anywhere, so I'm guessing nothing has been said yet.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:18 pm

Freeza Soldier #156 wrote:Any news on the last Final Chapters box? I can't find any and there are no listings anywhere, so I'm guessing nothing has been said yet.
Amazon.fr has the last "Final Chapters" Blu-Ray set listed for release on the 25th of November.

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:03 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:
Freeza Soldier #156 wrote:Any news on the last Final Chapters box? I can't find any and there are no listings anywhere, so I'm guessing nothing has been said yet.
Amazon.fr has the last "Final Chapters" Blu-Ray set listed for release on the 25th of November.
Yep, I saw it. I found it funny that the box artwork shows that it will end with episode 159, which was what the Japanese cut ended with. The episode count however puts it line to end at the correct episode 167.

Saago
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Saago » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:45 am

Quick question for those who own these Blu-ray sets: I've seen some reports claiming that, for some reason, they are encoded as 1080/50hz instead of 1080/60hz. Do you know if this is true?

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:15 pm

Yes, it is.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Saago
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Saago » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:40 am

Well, that's a bummer. Why would they do that? I suppose they simply used the same source they used for the TV broadcast, but still...
Thanks for the info.