"Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" FUNimation English Dub Official Announcement and Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" FUNimation English Dub Official Announcement and Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:23 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
JEFFMAN219 wrote:In Canada its worse. The Kai Blu Rays costs 50 bucks each.

Source: https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_ ... BT2SPF5DXA
That's just because the Canadian dollar is worth less than the US dollar right now. It actually costs about the same, despite the Canadian version having a larger number.
Well, I mean that IS the list price of the set. Even here in America, the list price is roughly the same on this side of the boarder. My question is where's the Ocean dub for you guys? Brian Drummond told Geekdom that they recorded their version a few years ago or so, yet it hasn't been released. You'd think they'd, at least, include it as an alternate audio track like the Akira Blu-Ray from FUNi & I think their rerelease of Escaflowne.
Then again, outside of torrenting sites & YouTube clips, the Ocean dub has never been released anywhere officially. Even in the UK, they get the FUNi dub. Is it cheaper just to import the tracks from FUNimation or something? Because that's weird. Maybe they don't see the point since the US dub & actors are probably the best known to many at this point, seeing as the Internet has a lot of clips.
No one knows the full story other than the producers, the TV networks that were approached and likely some higher ups at Ocean, but there have been credible rumours a lack of interest from broadcasters is the root cause of the problem, so at this point unless by some miracle there is interest from a broadcaster in airing an alternate English dub of a series that only a minority (myself included) care about that dub is sadly not seeing the light of day on Canadian or even UK TV.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" FUNimation English Dub Official Announcement and Discussion Thread

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:35 pm

So I guess that's it for the Ocean Dub, huh?

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:20 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:So I guess that's it for the Ocean Dub, huh?
Nah, if Kai airs in Canada, they'd almost certainly use the Ocean dub, so it still might happen.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:04 pm

New trailer for Part 1!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7mkpbNELXA

EDIT: DAT ENDING MUSIC! One of my favorite Kai TFC Songs

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:12 pm

simtek34 wrote:New trailer for Part 1!

The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
:(

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:15 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Change 'Tube' in the URL to 'pak', and you can watch it.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:23 pm

I can listen to Morgan all day! Strange they didn't tease the Majin fight despite that being the cover.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:25 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Strange they didn't tease the Majin fight despite that being the cover.
That's what the OP is for.
Retired.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:29 pm

Ajay wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Change 'Tube' in the URL to 'pak', and you can watch it.
Thank you. :D

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:32 pm

Is that still Duncan Brannan as Babidi?

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:29 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Is that still Duncan Brannan as Babidi?
It sure is and Rick Robertson as Dabura.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:32 pm

DB_Fan1991 wrote:
They both sound awesome. I was worried about Brannan not returning.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:44 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
DB_Fan1991 wrote:
They both sound awesome. I was worried about Brannan not returning.
Well, he returned to play Sharper so I don't think there was any doubt he'd be back as Babidi too.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

ErikB
Beyond Newbie

Post by ErikB » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:52 pm

Video description wrote:Synopsis: First-year Yuta Hoshitani enters the esteemed Ayanagi Academy with dreams of following in his idol’s footsteps, but competition starts the moment he steps through the doors! Catching the eye of an eccentric member of the elite Kao Council, Hoshitani and several other misfits are given the chance they were hoping for. With egos as strong as their talent, will these five young stars ever get along?
Man, I know it's been a while since I've seen it, but I don't remember the Buu saga being this strange.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:45 pm

I was really hoping Brannan and Robertson would be back. They both did great jobs even in the old dub, so oh man - I cannot WAIT to hear how they'll sound nowadays.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:15 am

Did funimation remove the green tint? From the trailer it doesn't look like its there.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:26 am

JEFFMAN219 wrote:

Did funimation remove the green tint? From the trailer it doesn't look like its there.
It's as green as it ever was. Even if you don't notice it in the rest of the picture (you will notice if you compare it to any other version), Bulma's hair is a dead giveaway.

Although you are about the billionth person to ask since it began airing, so something has happened on someone's end. Maybe people are remembering it as worse than it actually is, maybe some people didn't actually watch Boo Kai, but only knew of the tint from screenshots. Either way, the green is there and unchanged.
Retired.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
JEFFMAN219 wrote:

It's as green as it ever was. Even if you don't notice it in the rest of the picture (you will notice if you compare it to any other version), Bulma's hair is a dead giveaway.

Although you are about the billionth person to ask since it began airing, so something has happened on someone's end. Maybe people are remembering it as worse than it actually is, maybe some people didn't actually watch Boo Kai, but only knew of the tint from screenshots. Either way, the green is there and unchanged.
It is one of the those until you notice it you can't un-notice it type of things, :P Tbf I can get used to it like 10 mins in, so not a terribly big deal for me.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Strange they didn't tease the Majin fight despite that being the cover.
That's what the OP is for.
I was talking about the trailer, since there is a better chance of the trailer reaching people on YT then the OP. (For people not watching on Toonami).

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:06 pm

OmegaRockman wrote: Well, he returned to play Sharper so I don't think there was any doubt he'd be back as Babidi too.
I never even knew he played Sharpener :o

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:31 pm

It''s good to hear Brannan and Robertson as Babidi and Dabura again. Those two were some of the standouts of the old dub.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.