"Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" FUNimation English Dub Official Announcement and Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" FUNimation English Dub Official Announcement and Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:31 pm

I can finally watch the entire Z in HD, cut down to 165 episodes with a new accurate dub. :mrgreen: :thumbup:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Godgoku95
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" FUNimation English Dub Official Announcement and Discussion Thread

Post by Godgoku95 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:31 pm

this is gonna be an expensive year for me buying the rest of Kai, One Piece Film Gold heart Of Gold and One piece season 9

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:36 pm

sintzu wrote:I can finally watch the entire Z in HD, cut down to 165 episodes with a new accurate dub. :mrgreen: :thumbup:
I fel you. Since Kai got me into DB, I refused to watch DBZ Majin Boo arc in Japanese or English until Kai came (I might have watched the Other World Budokai). When it came, I watched all of DBZKTFC in Japanese, and have been waiting for the English dub since. 8 year old Simon's dreams have finally happened!
Godgoku95 wrote:this is gonna be an expensive year for me buying the rest of Kai, One Piece Film Gold heart Of Gold and One piece season 9
That's gotta suck. RIP to your wallet, getting murdered by FUNimation.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Kai Part 3:

And that ladies and gentlemen is that! :D

Link: https://www.funimation.com/shop/home-vi ... -blr-00173

Damn funimation are putting out the home releases mad quick.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:32 pm

Also, Outlaw Star (FINALLY, I can see it) & Fairy Tail Collection 8. Plus, it appears they licensed more One Piece post-timeskip, which is great!
Last edited by Scsigs on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:32 pm

sintzu wrote:I can finally watch the entire Z in HD, cut down to 165 episodes with a new accurate dub. :mrgreen: :thumbup:
167 actually.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:01 pm

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:I'd expect Super to start being released the month after.
I'll probably wait for the season releases, since they're obviously going to do do volumes/parts then seasons several months to a year later.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:05 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
thaman91 wrote:I'm so glad they're not making us wait for weekly episodes. What are the chances though that they'll release a "Season 5" and "Season 6" set consisting of 34-35 episodes? It'd be weird to not have season sets for The Final Chapters when the previous episodes had them.
Zero chance, these sets are effectively the season sets and with Super a thing now ongoing they're not gonna re-release Kai hence why they went this route in the first place.
Yeah, it wouldn't make sense if you analyze these releases versus the first half's releases, or any other long running series they do they same thing for. These already have over 20 episodes in each set, so to bundle them in "season" sets. Maybe an "arc" box set, but then they'd have to do that for the first half and I wouldn't hold my breath.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:29 pm

Scsigs wrote:
167 actually.
Episodes 101 & 165 are completely filler.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:07 am

Scsigs wrote:
Also, Outlaw Star (FINALLY, I can see it) & Fairy Tail Collection 8. Plus, it appears they licensed more One Piece post-timeskip, which is great!
Yet no Fairy Tail Zero.... Driving me insane! The last part came out December since then we've had like three collections in a row. FUNi just have no set schedule it seems for their long running shows.

LettuceJUMP
Beyond Newbie

Post by LettuceJUMP » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:44 am

I could cry I'm so happy. Me and my wife started dating when Kai first showed up. Here I am with a newborn and married, and finally see the next three months me completing my Kai Blu-ray Dub Collection. I made it this far, I think one release per month is very reasonable! Thank you Funi!

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:12 pm

Need verification, but which version of Kai Boo was it that had Evil boo's eyes white and black as a production mistake? Did they fix it.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:21 pm

OWmyDragonBallz wrote:Need verification, but which version of Kai Boo was it that had Evil boo's eyes white and black as a production mistake? Did they fix it.
The editied Japanese version

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

xXInfinite026Xx
Beyond Newbie

Post by xXInfinite026Xx » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:12 pm

The 1 month in between releases is very fast compared to the usual 3-4 months, as it was with the first iteration of Kai. However it makes sense considering various reports of the dub having been completed for a few years already, and Funi has an obligation to get Kai over with before they make room for their new Super home releases. It wouldn't surprise me if Vol. 1 of Super were to be released July 2017, but we surely won't be getting those releases as quickly as a month in between.
My YouTube Channel!
Payne222 wrote:The most overrated character in Dragon Ball is Sasuke. I mean, he can't even go Bankai. How's he gonna be King of the Pirates if he sucks that bad?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:43 pm

sintzu wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
167 actually.
Episodes 101 & 165 are completely filler.
Yes, but they're still part of the show regardless. They're not necessarily bad filler either.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:15 pm

Will they pull the plug on the broadcast?? These DVDs are gonna SOAR ahead.

Also I think FUNimation may live in an alternate universe where Goku uses the Spirit Bomb as a Super Saiyan 3 in Kai.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:08 am

TheAldella wrote:Will they pull the plug on the broadcast?? These DVDs are gonna SOAR ahead.
No. All of the original Kai was already long on DVD when it started on Adult Swim.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:26 am

TheAldella wrote:Also I think FUNimation may live in an alternate universe where Goku uses the Spirit Bomb as a Super Saiyan 3 in Kai.
I'm pretty sure it's just Goku using a kiai here.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:37 am

xXInfinite026Xx wrote:The 1 month in between releases is very fast compared to the usual 3-4 months, as it was with the first iteration of Kai. However it makes sense considering various reports of the dub having been completed for a few years already, and Funi has an obligation to get Kai over with before they make room for their new Super home releases. It wouldn't surprise me if Vol. 1 of Super were to be released July 2017, but we surely won't be getting those releases as quickly as a month in between.
Also Super won't be 23 episodes like TFC. As for a release schedule, all of FUNi's big shows OP, FT have had release schedules all over the place, for example we ended up getting two Fairy Tail parts on the same day and month!!.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:47 am

Daisetsu wrote:
TheAldella wrote:Also I think FUNimation may live in an alternate universe where Goku uses the Spirit Bomb as a Super Saiyan 3 in Kai.
I'm pretty sure it's just Goku using a kiai here.
Oh! That's actually pretty cool.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.