MangaUK Licenses Dragon Ball Z Kai for DVD & Blu-ray

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Re: MangaUK Licenses Dragon Ball Z Kai for DVD & Blu-ray

Post by 90sDBZ » Sat May 02, 2015 1:08 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:The whole purpose of watching Kai is to see it in HD so DVD defeats the point of it.
Well you could argue that the lack of filler and new English dub are also part of the reason people watch Kai. Plus there's plenty of people who don't have access to Blu-Ray players, even moreso back when Kai first came out.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat May 02, 2015 2:01 pm

90sDBZ wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:The whole purpose of watching Kai is to see it in HD so DVD defeats the point of it.
Well you could argue that the lack of filler and new English dub are also part of the reason people watch Kai. Plus there's plenty of people who don't have access to Blu-ray players, even moreso back when Kai first came out.
If you have a PS3, PS4 or Xbox One it plays Blu-rays and even then a Blu-ray Player isn't really expensive any more they're going for £38 and region free are £145 (possibly cheaper elsewhere than eBay). External Blu-ray Drives are around £35 for PC/Laptops/Notebooks. Hacking a PS3 and making it region free is probably cheaper than buying a region free Blu-ray Player.

Using the excuse that Blu-ray Players are expensive just doesn't work any more.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sat May 02, 2015 5:06 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
90sDBZ wrote:
Well you could argue that the lack of filler and new English dub are also part of the reason people watch Kai. Plus there's plenty of people who don't have access to Blu-ray players, even moreso back when Kai first came out.
If you have a PS3, PS4 or Xbox One it plays Blu-rays and even then a Blu-ray Player isn't really expensive any more they're going for £38 and region free are £145 (possibly cheaper elsewhere than eBay). External Blu-ray Drives are around £35 for PC/Laptops/Notebooks. Hacking a PS3 and making it region free is probably cheaper than buying a region free Blu-ray Player.

Using the excuse that Blu-ray Players are expensive just doesn't work any more.
True but there's still a lot of people who are on Xbox 360 and don't have the cash for a Blu-ray player. Hacking an online console really isn't such a good idea. It can get you banned from PSN for a start.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat May 02, 2015 6:36 pm

There are more pros than cons to have a hacked PS3 as its features are far better than what the OFW offers, but this is off-topic now.

The wait for FUNi's Kai 2.0 announcement sure's taking long. :( Very least they could put up the first set of X up for pre-order just to keep the fans enthusiasm up.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri May 08, 2015 11:15 am

Manga UK's Blu-ray and DVD releases of Kai are now available for Pre-order on Amazon UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Ball-Sea ... ball+z+kai

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri May 08, 2015 11:26 am

£40? Are they having a laugh?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 08, 2015 11:34 am

90sDBZ wrote:Manga UK's Blu-ray and DVD releases of Kai are now available for Pre-order on Amazon UK

40 quid?! Piss off, MangaUK.

I could import that for half the price.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri May 08, 2015 11:51 am

I can pretty much guarantee that won't be the actual release price. I remember the Orange Bricks of Z being around that price when they first appeared for pre-order, only to drop to around £21-5ish well before the actual release.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 08, 2015 12:00 pm

90sDBZ wrote:I can pretty much guarantee that won't be the actual release price. I remember the Orange Bricks of Z being around that price when they first appeared for pre-order, only to drop to around £21-5ish well before the actual release.
That better be the case. Because I'm sure as hell not paying £40 Dragon Ball Z Kai on Blu-Ray. It ain't worth it.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri May 08, 2015 12:00 pm

90sDBZ wrote:I can pretty much guarantee that won't be the actual release price. I remember the Orange Bricks of Z being around that price when they first appeared for pre-order, only to drop to around £21-5ish well before the actual release.
Yeah that is more reasonable. Speaking of Orange Bricks my LCS still charges 34.99 per set :o.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Fri May 08, 2015 12:35 pm

Ironically, I've just this very second purchased all 4 Seasons of Kai from Amazon.com.

I'm sure the price will drop, at least to £29.99. Though base.com are usually the cheapest.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 08, 2015 12:40 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Yeah that is more reasonable. Speaking of Orange Bricks my LCS still charges 34.99 per set :o.
That is bloody outrageous. :thumbdown:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri May 08, 2015 6:09 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
That is bloody outrageous. :thumbdown:
It has been like that for a few years now too, so they must be selling.I dunno if I should feel sorry for the people who bought it or hit them over the head with a bat lol.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Tue May 12, 2015 7:30 am

I've noticed the prices have gone down to £28.75 and £25.25 for the Blu-ray and DVD respectively.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue May 12, 2015 10:46 am

The least Manga UK could do to incentive customers to pre-order it would be to include slipcovers on every Blu-ray and DVD of it, while the later prints are without, but honestly knowing Manga UK it's probably not gonna happen.

I was hoping they'd do this for the Yellow Bricks but they didn't.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue May 12, 2015 11:57 am

90sDBZ wrote:I've noticed the prices have gone down to £28.75 and £25.25 for the Blu-ray and DVD respectively.
Thank goodness. I may now pre-order them.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue May 12, 2015 7:00 pm

Wait until August to watch Kai 1.0 and with the replacement score, plus for £28? Not a very good deal at all.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 13, 2015 1:22 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:The least Manga UK could do to incentive customers to pre-order it would be to include slipcovers on every Blu-ray and DVD of it, while the later prints are without, but honestly knowing Manga UK it's probably not gonna happen.

I was hoping they'd do this for the Yellow Bricks but they didn't.
They used that exact incentive for their recent yu-gi-oh sets and I believe that came out after the Banana bricks, so maybe Manga'll do the same for Kai?

Teclo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Teclo » Wed May 13, 2015 9:28 pm

I just decided to eventually get around to buying Kai on BD only to see that it's not even out in the UK yet. I thought it was some sort of error on Amazon or a reissue so I came here to check. Wow, what are they playing at? What's this Kai 2.0 that I've seen a few people mention, though? I've been out of the DB loop for a while now.

Theophrastus
Regular

Post by Theophrastus » Wed May 13, 2015 10:05 pm

"Kai 2.0" (alias The Final Chapters outside of Japan) is the name people here have come up with for the Buu saga of Kai.