Original Dragon Ball Kai

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ShaneisMC
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Original Dragon Ball Kai

Post by ShaneisMC » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:23 am

As unfortunate as it is (imo anyway) it's obviously very unlikely we will ever get an official Kai iteration of the original series. That being said has anyone out there on their own made an effort to create a nice cut?

Ajay

Re: Original Dragon Ball Kai

Post by Ajay » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:13 am

It exists. It's incredibly well done and definitely the way I most enjoy watching the show. I can't link it here for obvious reasons, but PM me and I'll point you in the right direction.
  • Dragon Box footage
  • Official subtitles
  • Dual Audio (though only JPN was spot-checked)
Cuts the show down to 82 episodes. The only filler left is stuff that simply can't be removed due to the way it ties into the story. For example: the ice cave where Goku searches for the Chōshinsui, and the Dr Slump parts during the RRA arc.

EDIT: No more messages please. I've sent links to about 30+ people now. OP has the links, he may reply if he's kind enough. Sorry! Can't keep up with them any longer.
Last edited by Ajay on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:30 am

ShaneisMC wrote:As unfortunate as it is (imo anyway) it's obviously very unlikely we will ever get an official Kai iteration of the original series.
We said this about the Buu arc so there's still a (very small) chance we'll get it especially with how big the franchise is now.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

VeteranX

Post by VeteranX » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:20 am

I would hope so...but more then likely we won't get it. Would love to see improved voice acting :cry:
Favorite characters: Goku,Vegeta,Future Trunks

On my way to collect all the dragon balls!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:55 am

Ajay wrote:It exists. It's incredibly well done and definitely the way I most enjoy watching the show. I can't link it here for obvious reasons, but PM me and I'll point you in the right direction.
  • Dragon Box footage
  • Official subtitles
  • Dual Audio (though only JPN was spot-checked)
Cuts the show down to 82 episodes. The only filler left is stuff that simply can't be removed due to the way it ties into the story. For example: the ice cave where Goku searches for the Chōshinsui, and the Dr Slump parts during the RRA arc.
This alongside other things proves that no other franchise has a fan base that's as dedicated and loyal as the DB fans.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ShaneisMC
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaneisMC » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:34 am

Granted I've only checked out a few minutes I absolutely must say that the quality is absolutely superb.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:02 pm

ShaneisMC wrote:Granted I've only checked out a few minutes I absolutely must say that the quality is absolutely superb.
I'm quite interested in seeing this :D
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

ShaneisMC
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaneisMC » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:05 am

Man... So i've watched the series a ton since the late 90s but i never really saw much of the japanese stuff too much until fairly recently. I bought all the Dragon Boxes about 2 months ago and finally sat down and watched absolutely everything, all original series and movies in japanese. Now that I've done that I'm now sitting down and watching this Kai cut of DB while using the english audio since its been a long time since i watched the original DB in english..... Man.... I mean its not unwatchable like original Z but id say its only just passable. The show would benefit a lot from a real Kai treatment from an english standpoint. It really makes me want it that much more. The acting can be fairly poor and the script changes really piss me off. I'm surprised that Dragon Ball hasnt even at least gotten a blu ray release. Z gets all the love and DB gets treated like a first child thats old news :/