Which fillers did you wish got retained?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ree
Regular

Which fillers did you wish got retained?

Post by Ree » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:31 pm

I missed a good amount of them but Trouble in Arlia DEFINITELY should have stayed, loved it.
Badass Metabee avatar created by Endless-warr!

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Which fillers did you wish got retained?

Post by irreality » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:54 pm

Trouble in Arlia always sat sort of wrongly with me. Why would they have an unscheduled stop while in hibernation? And why would they obliterate the planet from orbit? Either the planet was valuable, and that is why the stopped there, or it wasn't, and they wouldn't have taken a detour from their mission.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:05 pm

irreality wrote:Trouble in Arlia always sat sort of wrongly with me. Why would they have an unscheduled stop while in hibernation? And why would they obliterate the planet from orbit? Either the planet was valuable, and that is why the stopped there, or it wasn't, and they wouldn't have taken a detour from their mission.
The planet WAS valuable at one time. If i remember correctly, after the new king took power, the world went to crap, or maybe that's just a dub thing. The unscheduled stop thing never bothered me. It's like, if you are going somewhere and a friend asks you to stop off somewhere because it's on the way anyway, why not do it. I don't think Vegeta or Nappa felt they were losing much time.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:49 pm

Memories of Gohan. The episode with Gohan's birthday before Cell and flashbacks to him as a baby.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:57 pm

Most of the Saiyan arc filler with Gohan. It added a lot to his training and character more than a simple timeskip did.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:17 pm

Someone knows if Gohan turning SSJ for the first time in RoSaT is filler?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:20 pm

Noah wrote:Someone knows if Gohan turning SSJ for the first time in RoSaT is filler?
The transformation sequence is filler, but it's still in Kai.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:31 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Noah wrote:Someone knows if Gohan turning SSJ for the first time in RoSaT is filler?
The transformation sequence is filler, but it's still in Kai.
Thank you. I never read the manga at that part, I liked this scene in anime, too bad its a filler.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:24 pm

The Other World Tournament and filler of Gohan surviving on his own in the Saiyan arc. That was filler that was original and very well thought out.

Absolute Ice
Beyond Newbie

Post by Absolute Ice » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:42 pm

The ones with King Vegeta.
ジャネンバ ミラ

For a reality whose Janemba and Mira join the canon world and receive a proper personality.
The Greatest Villains Ever!

ShaneisMC
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaneisMC » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:20 pm

Zero. Preferably keep them separate an given proper justice for each series as what they are. Original series to have all the filler it naturally has. Kai having none to stay true to the manga cut version of the show.

SSJ Electric Fury
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ Electric Fury » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:06 am

Since numerous sequences focusing on Cell's human hunt were retained anyway, I would have preferred the house of mirrors (or whatever it's called) scene be kept as well.
"You can't make up for your mistakes when you're dead." - Irina Akulov, Xenoblade [Chronicles] X
ringworm128 wrote:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:10 am

The innards of Buu filler. I really enjoyed that sequence in Z and would have loved to see modern English Vegeta and Goku's banter in that sequence.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:27 pm

The Saiyan saga filler is what was definitely needed the most. You learn about Gohan so much in those episodes.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:51 pm

Most of the filler with Gohan's training in the Saiyan Saga... and the Serpent Road stuff (falling down hell and Snake Princess).
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.