Kai is airing in Brazil with the Yamamoto score

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Kai is airing in Brazil with the Yamamoto score

Post by gregoryluis09 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:12 am

Brazilian TV channel Rede Bandeirantes started to air Kai but with the music score of the plagiarist himself, Kenji Yamamoto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yspvKS3 ... e=youtu.be

jelleline89
Beyond Newbie

Re: Kai is airing in Brazil with the Yamamoto score

Post by jelleline89 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:45 am

Whoever is in charge of distributing Z Kai internationally has been doing a very sloppy job with keeping the Yamamoto version 7nder lock and key. The first episode had the Yamamoto score intact on the Toonami block last year, Manga UK recently released the first two seasons with the Yamamoto score intact for mist if the episodes, and now this. You'd think Toei would have destroyed the Yamamoto masters.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:06 am

This is not the first time. I remember the same channel airing it with the Yamamoto score three years ago. They somehow mistakenly received the masters made before CN switching to the Kikuchi score and it's been overlooked for years. It's just yet another instance of their sloppiness and this obviously doesn't mean the Yamamoto score is officially back.

NinjaGoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by NinjaGoku » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:56 am

kei17 wrote:This is not the first time. I remember the same channel airing it with the Yamamoto score three years ago. They somehow mistakenly received the masters made before CN switching to the Kikuchi score and it's been overlooked for years. It's just yet another instance of their sloppiness and this obviously doesn't mean the Yamamoto score is officially back.
Wow I can't believe how many times something messed up, switching between scores during an episode? English dub left in? Sound effect delays? That's the first I've seen it happen.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:22 am

They probably aired with Yamamoto's score 'cause some of the mixing errors were caused in the remixing with Kikuchi score. But even with Yamamoto's score in the first mixing they did some "special" things like no-dubbing screams from the english dub, as the catalan and french dubs of the original series did, for example.

Brazilian Kai is a lame. Toei was totally stupid and greed when they choiced the studios to dub in Brazil and Latin America. In Mexico they changed 90% of the cast,, and in Brazil they changed 1/2 of it and did that shitty work with the mixing. The brazilian dubs of the original series dub are much better than the Kai one, it's unbeliaveble that a dub did in 2011 has worse mixing than a dub did in 1999. Thank god that the new movies were not dubbed in the Kai studio, and they lefted the original cast. I hope that for the Majin Boo arc they use the studio that did the new movies.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:23 pm

The changes in the cast for the Brazilian dub was mostly a money/budget thing. Even the original actor for Goku initially said he wasn't going to come back, but ultimately decided to after having a "long talk" with the producers.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:29 am

Guys, keep it low key and pray Brazil does it to so they can enjoy the best version of Kai. =D
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:17 am

TheBlackPaladin wrote:The changes in the cast for the Brazilian dub was mostly a money/budget thing. Even the original actor for Goku initially said he wasn't going to come back, but ultimately decided to after having a "long talk" with the producers.
Not only money thing, but ethical too. The dubbing studio, BKS, stopped working with many actors(most of the ones that worked in the original series dub), and Toei choiced it just because was a cheap studio. Include Wendel Bezerra said he would not dub in BKS anymore after they finished the Kai dub(his words in an interview did in 2013). Alfredo Rollo(Vegeta) and Carlos Campanile(Freeza) have their voices changed, because they made the same decision when they were called to make their roles before the dub started...actually, not only them, but a half of the cast did it. Since Wendel Bezerra will not dub in BKS anymore, I hope that "The Final Chapters" going to be dubbed in Unidub, the same that did the dubs of the new movies.
fadeddreams5 wrote:Guys, keep it low key and pray Brazil does it to so they can enjoy the best version of Kai. =D
Well, it's censored too. With Yamamoto or Kikuchi, I don't think it's the best.

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:32 pm

jelleline89 wrote:Whoever is in charge of distributing Z Kai internationally has been doing a very sloppy job with keeping the Yamamoto version 7nder lock and key. The first episode had the Yamamoto score intact on the Toonami block last year, Manga UK recently released the first two seasons with the Yamamoto score intact for mist if the episodes, and now this. You'd think Toei would have destroyed the Yamamoto masters.
Toei can't destroy the Yamamoto masters, can they?

Least as far as I can tell, the only reason they keep them is so that they can keep them for future reference, as a cataloged record of their existence.

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:57 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:Guys, keep it low key and pray Brazil does it to so they can enjoy the best version of Kai. =D
Agreed. Let's not ruin it for the Brazilians. Yamamoto may have plagiarized, but it's still better than listening to the sharts of a then-60 year old man for the "music." It's time like this that I wish FUNimation was sloppy. If they would release the entire series with the Yamamoto score I would buy that in a heartbeat.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:44 pm

SpiritBombTriumphant wrote:
Agreed. Let's not ruin it for the Brazilians. Yamamoto may have plagiarized, but it's still better than listening to the sharts of a then-60 year old man for the "music." It's time like this that I wish FUNimation was sloppy. If they would release the entire series with the Yamamoto score I would buy that in a heartbeat.
Man, this post is just intolerable. I can't believe how disrespectful you are. If you don't like something, explain the reason logically and rationally or just state your feeling without throwing dirt at it.

As for your idea, though I do understand your feeling, it's a terrible idea that can threaten the entire franchise you also love. The very reason why Toei removed his music for good is that by making it available in Western countries, they do not want to be involved with legal issues with big Hollywood studios that Yamamoto stole his music from. If they were sued, the case could have been desperate that the reputation of the franchise gets terribly hurt, which leads to less future productions related to Dragon Ball. Obviously, Yamamoto's music doesn't worth it. Blame him for what happened. It's all consequences of his immorality. To borrow your word, let's not ruin the franchise for your personal enjoyment. If you truly love Dragon Ball, wish they had withdrawn the Yamamoto score earlier and think of letting them stop airing Kai with it in Brazil.
Last edited by kei17 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:14 pm

kei17 wrote:
Man, this post is just intolerable. I can't believe how disrespectful you are. If you don't like something, explain the reason logically and rationally or just state your feeling without throwing dirt at it.
Agreed. Disgusting, third account strike, temporarily banned for a certain amount of time.

I say, unfortunately, again for the third time in several days: examples are being set. Take notice.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:49 am

After watching some more of Bandeirantes airing, i've noticed that ALL the sound mixing errors that were in Cartoon Network's airing (with the Kikuchi score) are not there.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:11 pm

gregoryluis09 wrote:After watching some more of Bandeirantes airing, i've noticed that ALL the sound mixing errors that were in Cartoon Network's airing (with the Kikuchi score) are not there.
That's good to know. The Cartoon Network airing had an unbelievable amount of sound-mixing errors. I think I read that one time, the English dub audio played for almost ten minutes before suddenly switching to the Brazilian dub audio--and in mid-sentence, while a character was talking, no less.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Bagginses
Banned

Post by Bagginses » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:03 am

kei17 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what in specific did you find so disgusting about what he said? Was it because he said Kikuchi's score was trash or because he mentioned his age in a negative manner?

Or maybe just the way he worded that in general? :?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:45 pm

He said SHARTS as in shitty farts. God I'm disgusted just by typing this. And the whole "60 Year Old Man" didnt help matters.

If you are saying we are attacking him because he prefers the dub I say you are mistaken.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: