Whoops! Sean Schemmel made a slip! Buu Saga Kai Confirmed!

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Crinchy

Whoops! Sean Schemmel made a slip! Buu Saga Kai Confirmed!

Post by Crinchy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:45 pm

At 12 minutes, 18 seconds and forward in this Q&A recording featuring Sean Schemmel, we hear a quick story about Sean recording for Dragon Ball Kai, which I assume will air on Toonami once the Android saga is done.

We knew this was coming, but now it's confirmed thanks to this slip up. We should now hopefully soon receive confirmation from Funimation for a formal announcement.

Ajay

Re: Woops! Sean Schemmel made a slip! Buu Saga Kai Confirmed

Post by Ajay » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:47 pm

Voice actors have confirmed the existence of Boo Kai's dub for years. It's not really anything new. I wouldn't expect anything.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Crinchy

Re: Woops! Sean Schemmel made a slip! Buu Saga Kai Confirmed

Post by Crinchy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:49 pm

Ajay wrote:Voice actors have confirmed the existence of Boo Kai's dub for years. It's not really anything new. I wouldn't expect anything.
Ah, may have gotten a tad bit excited here as I couldn't find any relevant information and thought he just broke his NDA. Oh well, they should formally announce it anyways.

Ajay

Re: Whoops! Sean Schemmel made a slip! Buu Saga Kai Confirme

Post by Ajay » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:51 pm

No worries. Welcome to the forum, by the way!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:29 pm

I'm starting to think it's less of a slip and more of him knowing FUNimation won't recast him anytime soon since most of the English speaking fandom considers him the 'original' Goku (not hard to see why, he's been doing longer than any of his other English dub counterparts( despite being the 3rd adult Goku?

That and, I don't FUNimation cares that much. Kai's just been open secrets around. If they cared, I feel like they would've edited out Chris Sabat directing Kyle Hebert in Battle of Gods telling him to do it less like Kai more like Z. I'd think they're more concerned with Super secrets getting leaked, than the old news of Kai.
Last edited by El Diabeetus on Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:04 pm

In a sea of deleted tweets, Facebook comments, Reddit comments, and hearsay, I will admit it is nice to have a video, of a guy, verbally echoing the appropriate syllables. The video may come down, but I heard it. It wasn't just text. That feels good.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:58 pm

I hope we do get it released here soon, but at the same time, I hope it doesn't make for a delayed time table for us getting Super either. Though, them releasing both at the same time could be a bit of a mess too.

I forgot, how many episodes is the Boo arc via Kai anyway, the international version that I presume we'd be getting? The site says 69 episodes, but I'm not sure if that means for the broadcast version or the international one. Assuming it's the international one, they could knock out the second phase of Kai in about...five sets, presuming their usual release method, and put about four sets out with 14 episodes and another with 13.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Theophrastus
Regular

Post by Theophrastus » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:20 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I forgot, how many episodes is the Boo arc via Kai anyway, the international version that I presume we'd be getting? The site says 69 episodes, but I'm not sure if that means for the broadcast version or the international one. Assuming it's the international one, they could knock out the second phase of Kai in about...five sets, presuming their usual release method, and put about four sets out with 14 episodes and another with 13.
Six sets alternating between 11 and 12 episodes per set (Part 1 = 12 episodes, Part 2 = 11, Part 3 = 12, etc) seems more likely, to me. Maximizes how much money they can get out of the initial releases by having six instead of five, and lends itself better to Funimation's usual method for doing budget re-releases (i.e take the discs from two Parts and just put them together in the same box to create a four-disc set).

Iberian_Saiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Iberian_Saiyan » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:08 pm

Like Ajay has said it's been known for years so not really a reason to get excited about Funimation acknowledging Kai 2.0 as they've said so before.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:17 am

What episode have they gotten to on toonami right now anyway? Has Cell's second form even appeared yet?

Avior259

Post by Avior259 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:18 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:What episode have they gotten to on toonami right now anyway? Has Cell's second form even appeared yet?
I think Cell is only making his first appearance in the next episode. :|

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:02 am

Avior259 wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:What episode have they gotten to on toonami right now anyway? Has Cell's second form even appeared yet?
Jeez... They're really slow with this.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:40 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
Avior259 wrote:
Jeez... They're really slow with this.
Aside from the few times they've done marathons (of previously aired material), they've been doing Kai as a weekly show. It's at the pace that it aired at in Japan.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Muffin Man
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muffin Man » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:31 pm

Iberian_Saiyan wrote:Like Ajay has said it's been known for years so not really a reason to get excited about Funimation acknowledging Kai 2.0 as they've said so before.
But I think this is the first time we've gotten confirmation that it's actually finished recording. And personally I find that to be a big relief, because I was always paranoid that one of the VA's might leave and/or die midway through and thus result in a jarring recast. We're so damn close to finally having a consistent, high quality english dub for all of DBZ...

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:16 pm

Muffin Man wrote:
Iberian_Saiyan wrote:Like Ajay has said it's been known for years so not really a reason to get excited about Funimation acknowledging Kai 2.0 as they've said so before.
But I think this is the first time we've gotten confirmation that it's actually finished recording. And personally I find that to be a big relief, because I was always paranoid that one of the VA's might leave and/or die midway through and thus result in a jarring recast. We're so damn close to finally having a consistent, high quality english dub for all of DBZ...
Now all we need is for the cast to redub all the filler with the same level of quality so we'll have a Kai-standard dub for all 291 episodes in Funimation's next "definitive" Blu-Ray set. It's unlikely sure, but hey one can dream :D
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

veggiechan

Post by veggiechan » Sun May 08, 2016 11:47 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
Muffin Man wrote:
Now all we need is for the cast to redub all the filler with the same level of quality so we'll have a Kai-standard dub for all 291 episodes in Funimation's next "definitive" Blu-Ray set. It's unlikely sure, but hey one can dream :D
Haha and for good measure, let's dream up a 4:3 edition for the whole thing :lol:

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sun May 08, 2016 2:10 pm

If DBZ Kai Final Chapters is never released in 4:3, I wonder how long it will take for fans to sync it up with the Toei Dragon Boxes (leaving only DBZ Kai Final Chapters opening, closing, eyecatches and NEPs in 16:9). It wouldn't surprise me if the English, French, and Catalonian communities (among others) who have (or in the case of English probably will have) superior dubs in Kai than in original DBZ would be especially interested in something like this...
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:37 pm

Danfun64 wrote:If DBZ Kai Final Chapters is never released in 4:3, I wonder how long it will take for fans to sync it up with the Toei Dragon Boxes (leaving only DBZ Kai Final Chapters opening, closing, eyecatches and NEPs in 16:9). It wouldn't surprise me if the English, French, and Catalonian communities (among others) who have (or in the case of English probably will have) superior dubs in Kai than in original DBZ would be especially interested in something like this...
Ugh-uh, France actually never had anything of Kai released in full screen, plus, what bothers me more, is the fact that its got the Kikuchi replacement score. That's worse than the aspect ratio to me. I guess partly because I got used to Kai looking like that.