Removed manga scenes...

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Removed manga scenes...

Post by Danfun64 » Mon May 30, 2016 6:01 pm

I know that there are episodes with removed manga content, removal of filler scenes in a way that causes confusion (keeping Chi-Chi on the floor but not showing her watching the tv and subsequently fainting) or both. I also know that these issues mainly affect the Saiyan saga and the Boo saga. If its possible, can somebody list those scenes, linking the manga volume and page, the z episode, and the kai episode? (Scenes from the Boo saga should be compared to the longer international version...)
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: Removed manga scenes...

Post by Nejishiki » Mon May 30, 2016 6:58 pm

Two moments that immediately come to mind is Zarbon's dialogue informing Vegeta of Freeza being capable of transforming and Toriyama apologizing for being lazy with his work in the Boo arc.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Mon May 30, 2016 7:10 pm

I don't know about the first scene, but I'm fairly sure that the second scene wasn't even in Z. I'm specifically referring to manga scenes that were in Z but removed from Kai. I'm not asking about manga scenes removed from Z...
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon May 30, 2016 7:22 pm

Oh, I misunderstood! Regardless, Zarbon informing Vegeta of Freeza's transformation is a mistake that never got fixed as Vegeta just knows about it somehow in both the
Z and Kai anime.

Edit: Tenshinhan breaks his rice cooker himself in the manga unlike in the anime.

Castleking001

Post by Castleking001 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:57 pm

For the Saiyan Arc, things like Goku chasing Bubbles around in chapter 211 of the Dragon Ball manga (chapter 17 of Dragon Ball Z) the majority of page six is omitted from Kai where Goku can't catch Bubbles and decides to eat instead. Several other similar instances of half pages being omitted in the Saiyan arc are common, but usually their absence doesn't hurt the story. These become less common as Kai progresses and retains more filler content. I hope that kind of helps your question :) Sorry if I was too wordy and vague.